Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Joseph0723 Joseph0723 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Question Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

I am desperate to buy a ranger then I am looking for the ranger everywhere; eBay, auto trader, and craiglist. It is very hard to find good price with dealer and it is hard to find ranger on craiglist.
However, eBay shows me good price and looking but also it takes lots of risk and need to pay expensive shipping price.
I am a internation thus almost impossible to using a lone, even if I got loan % will be very high.
Here is my two questions.
1. Is it ok to buy on eBay?
2. How much I can discount the deal from dealer.
here is the link that I want.

http://www.yukonford.com/details/use...01661/75997509

Thank you all for spend you time and great advices.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Codeman Codeman is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 67
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

honestly, buying from a used car dealer makes A LOT of extra troubles unless they are a good place. They will overcharge you since they have to make money as well.
Ebay shipping will be some extra money.
I suggest looking on edmunds or cars.com or craigslist for a ranger in your area that you can see and test drive from a private owner.
__________________
2005 Ford Ranger Edge RWD 3.0L V6
Superchip Tuner
K&N Cold Air Intake
Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler & Downpipe
Wolo LongHorns Airhorn
Alpine Head Unit, Kickers, and a Bazooka Sub
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Joseph0723 Joseph0723 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
honestly, buying from a used car dealer makes A LOT of extra troubles unless they are a good place. They will overcharge you since they have to make money as well.
Ebay shipping will be some extra money.
I suggest looking on edmunds or cars.com or craigslist for a ranger in your area that you can see and test drive from a private owner.
Thank you for your advice.
I have low budget so definitely I prefer cheaper one.
I should cars.com too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Drexl Drexl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 752
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Steal one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:33 PM
BrandonA BrandonA is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 85
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

car max is a good source for used cars in general, don't know if they are for rangers specifically or not.

Also go to your library or grocery store they almost always have lots of free mailer things and a gold half of those are for used car dealerships.

My uncle sold cars on ebay for years, so it is very possible and easy to buy a car on ebay, however, make sure you do it from a good seller (one with a high ranking).

Also you can call the number they provide and try to negotiate the price of the vechile if it doesn't sell on ebay, that way you aren't paying for the % ebay gets on top of the profit margin for the seller.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Ahum Ahum is offline
1985: A very good year!..
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph0723 View Post
I am desperate to buy a ranger then I am looking for the ranger everywhere; eBay, auto trader, and craiglist. It is very hard to find good price with dealer and it is hard to find ranger on craiglist.
However, eBay shows me good price and looking but also it takes lots of risk and need to pay expensive shipping price.
I am a internation thus almost impossible to using a lone, even if I got loan % will be very high.
Here is my two questions.
1. Is it ok to buy on eBay?
2. How much I can discount the deal from dealer.
here is the link that I want.

http://www.yukonford.com/details/use...01661/75997509

Thank you all for spend you time and great advices.
I think you can find something more in expensive, and in good condition. You just have to keep looking. I searched everyday to find my 1997 Ranger on CL. 600.00, and runs good. Body in good shape too...

Keep looking on CL, check them out. Find one you like, but don't like the price?. Make an offer, The worst that can happen is they say no.
__________________
1985 A very good year. Made in the USA, that's why it's running today!. It's a antique, although some people don't think it's old enough to be a "Antique"..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Joseph0723 Joseph0723 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Steal one.
Hahaha, Should I? lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
car max is a good source for used cars in general, don't know if they are for rangers specifically or not.

Also go to your library or grocery store they almost always have lots of free mailer things and a gold half of those are for used car dealerships.

My uncle sold cars on ebay for years, so it is very possible and easy to buy a car on ebay, however, make sure you do it from a good seller (one with a high ranking).

Also you can call the number they provide and try to negotiate the price of the vechile if it doesn't sell on ebay, that way you aren't paying for the % ebay gets on top of the profit margin for the seller.
Thanks for your advice. It is very useful information for me.
I am desperate to buy a car because have no car since got accident lol.

----------

why car max showing only from 2000?
Is there another way to find the car?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-19-2011, 10:47 AM
DisturbedESV DisturbedESV is offline
Original Grab-Her
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,430
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedESV
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

I would only buy it on eBay if it's close enough to go look at... don't trust the seller!!!!!!!!

Just be patient and keep an eye on Craigslist.
__________________
2008 XLT 4x4 - GRABBER ORANGE - 4.0 V6 - 5 spd
PNW CREW
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
that's it, marie is pissed. game over
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Joseph0723 Joseph0723 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
I would only buy it on eBay if it's close enough to go look at... don't trust the seller!!!!!!!!

Just be patient and keep an eye on Craigslist.
Thanks for your advice..
Reason why I so deperate to buy car is I got car accident and it scrapped lol. Then, I lost my ride entirely..
I won't buy on eBay and try to be paitient and keep looking craiglist.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-19-2011, 03:25 PM
DisturbedESV DisturbedESV is offline
Original Grab-Her
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,430
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedESV
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

I understand needing a vehicle, unfortunately to avoid getting ripped off and get the best deal when buying a car the key is patience patience patience.
__________________
2008 XLT 4x4 - GRABBER ORANGE - 4.0 V6 - 5 spd
PNW CREW
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
that's it, marie is pissed. game over
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Joseph0723 Joseph0723 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
I understand needing a vehicle, unfortunately to avoid getting ripped off and get the best deal when buying a car the key is patience patience patience.
Thank you!! I try to look like have a lot of time to dealer or seller lol.
Also, now I am kinda give up to buy soon because there are nothing in my budget now lol. So, I need patience! Thank you so much it really helped.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

My cousin bought three highly modified cars on ebay, hasn't had a bad one yet.

I'm not that brave.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Joseph0723 Joseph0723 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
My cousin bought three highly modified cars on ebay, hasn't had a bad one yet.

I'm not that brave.
Same here lol. I am not that brave too.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

I found my truck on ebay classifieds, 3 hours away and it was the best deal I ever got!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Joseph0723 Joseph0723 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
Default Re: Would you like to buy a car through eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I found my truck on ebay classifieds, 3 hours away and it was the best deal I ever got!
That's good I should keep my eyes on eBay too.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mods you need to buy or plan to buy for your Ranger. Dcrymes99ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 38 10-11-2010 01:01 AM
Serious Ebay Question! Casper Off Topic 9 05-27-2010 07:57 PM
To try to fix or to buy a new car? fordzombie Off Topic 6 12-11-2009 07:24 PM
found it on ebay dangerranger83 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 0 12-03-2009 11:52 AM
eBay or Amazon??? light_white Music/Movies/Computers/etc. 11 07-28-2009 08:39 AM