Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
dewking dewking is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Default I am MAD!

went out and started my ranger this morn let it warm up for 10 minutes went out to go to work , it would not go into gear couldnt get it out of park! turned it off to look at the manual and tried it again now it wont even turn over, had to have it towed to dearler waiting to hear from them.
Piece of crap FORDS
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
08Ranger Sport 4x4 08Ranger Sport 4x4 is offline
"Eh, it'll buff out"
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,683
Default Re: I am MAD!

Dude, that's crazy... keep us posted on what is going on.
__________________
2008 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 4.0L
-5 speed, undercoating, tinted windows, keyless entry, 3.73 gears
-Pioneer AVIC-F700BT GPS w/10" Pioneer woofer
-3 inch Performance Accessories Body Lift
-33x12.5 r 15 BFG M/T KM2's
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:34 AM
terryduanemiller terryduanemiller is offline
www.shanewootenband.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,896
Default Re: I am MAD!

scenario: brake release switch might have failed and did you yank on the shifter force fully damaging it? you may have forced it out of position, now its telling the ECM that its in reverse, and will not crank..

if this is correct, being ignorant to the situation, caused more damage, "snow ball effect".. you could have easily gotten it out of gear by few simple tricks..
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD
1999 MAZDA 2500SE, 2.5L 4-clanger, 5 speed, Green n slow. Rangers as daily drivers since 1988.
ASE Certified Mechanic, Builder of Show Destroying Protouring and Classic cars..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: I am MAD!

They arent all pieces of crap, Stuf happens to every vehicle out there dude. I hope its a simple thing for you though
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 AM
terryduanemiller terryduanemiller is offline
www.shanewootenband.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,896
Default Re: I am MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
They arent all pieces of crap, Stuf happens to every vehicle out there dude. I hope its a simple thing for you though
fo-sho!... If it wasn't a ford you would be use to walking already
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD
1999 MAZDA 2500SE, 2.5L 4-clanger, 5 speed, Green n slow. Rangers as daily drivers since 1988.
ASE Certified Mechanic, Builder of Show Destroying Protouring and Classic cars..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
anchorshot anchorshot is offline
Keep It Simple Stupid
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 311
Default Re: I am MAD!

Thats crazy, especially since its a 2011. Good thing for warranties though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: I am MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorshot View Post
Thats crazy, especially since its a 2011. Good thing for warranties though.
Yes....warranty is a good thing FO SHO!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
dewking dewking is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Default Re: I am MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryduanemiller View Post
scenario: brake release switch might have failed and did you yank on the shifter force fully damaging it? you may have forced it out of position, now its telling the ECM that its in reverse, and will not crank..

if this is correct, being ignorant to the situation, caused more damage, "snow ball effect".. you could have easily gotten it out of gear by few simple tricks..
No i did not yank on the shifter, I did the manual release for the shifter but still did not crank over.. got word that the instrament cluster is bad and will need to be replaced..3 days till they get one in that sucks! I have been having problems with my cluster from day one all icons would light up and all gauges would go dead for just a second then it would reset, they could not find a problem with it because it was so intermittent, at least now both problems will be solved. excuse me for calling ford crap i was just mad at the time i wrote it,
Regards,
Dewking
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
darkstar_420 darkstar_420 is offline
Lowered 00
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 765
Default Re: I am MAD!

should be in your contract to get a loaner vehicle
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
TerrenceStuart TerrenceStuart is offline
Old man driver.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,895
Default Re: I am MAD!

S H (Shit Happens) it'll get fixed. and then you'll love your truck again. But, when you get it back, you'll need to appologize to it for calling it a piece of crap. Afterall, your truck has feelings too. ;-)
__________________
some kind of vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: I am MAD!

Didn't you post a thread about the gauges being all weird. You took it to ford and they said you were crazy.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
terryduanemiller terryduanemiller is offline
www.shanewootenband.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,896
Default Re: I am MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewking View Post
No i did not yank on the shifter, I did the manual release for the shifter but still did not crank over.. got word that the instrament cluster is bad and will need to be replaced..3 days till they get one in that sucks! I have been having problems with my cluster from day one all icons would light up and all gauges would go dead for just a second then it would reset, they could not find a problem with it because it was so intermittent, at least now both problems will be solved. excuse me for calling ford crap i was just mad at the time i wrote it,
Regards,
Dewking
that sucks, Glad it's being resolved..
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD
1999 MAZDA 2500SE, 2.5L 4-clanger, 5 speed, Green n slow. Rangers as daily drivers since 1988.
ASE Certified Mechanic, Builder of Show Destroying Protouring and Classic cars..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
dewking dewking is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Default Re: I am MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Didn't you post a thread about the gauges being all weird. You took it to ford and they said you were crazy.
Yes I did and Yes they did... thought i was crazy, I miss my ranger
Regards,
Dewking
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 PM
4evermodding 4evermodding is offline
Modding To Continue >>>>
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,114
Default Re: I am MAD!

I understand you may be having some mechanical issues with your ranger, However let me give you one word of advice, Since this is a 2011 Ranger, Than I suggest getting a independent diagnostic done to see if their may be more in depth issues, The reason I state this is every year there are so many "Brand new Vehicles " that turn out to be lemons and if you don't look into it now, It will become a nightmare. Just a heads up, If it's a lemon than you have the right to a full replacement or monies returned.
__________________
http://s694.photobucket.com/user/dix...dding.jpg.html

They will remember me always
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 PM
dewking dewking is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Default Re: I am MAD!

goter back today... all seems ok, only 6 miles on the speedo, they had to replace the instrament cluster, so i guess ill gets some free warranty miles out of it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mad fords DCRANGER Vehicle Snapshots 3 11-06-2010 07:50 AM
Hitler is Mad About the New Ford 5.0! TurdFX4 Laugh Factory 11 09-08-2010 11:20 PM
Mad fabbing skills dixie_boysles Off Topic 1 04-21-2010 10:54 AM
Have I gone Mad?!?!?! Lazler Wheels and Tires 34 03-09-2010 09:27 AM