Mazda vs Ranger
Hey everyone, I've been reading and studying all the great info on this site of the past few months, and have already learned so much I didn't know about my truck. I use my truck as a daily driver and don't ever go offroad, but I do take it up to the snow quite often. I've got a few questions regarding my 1999 2wd Mazda B2500 SE ext cab and how it compares to Rangers:
1. Do Ford Ranger brush guards, bull bars, nerf bars/door steps, and tow hitches fit the Mazda frame?
2. What's the largest size tire you can fit under the truck in the spare tire carrier?
3. What are the main differences between my Mazda and the equivalent Ranger? (bumpers, hoods, grills, headlights, etc?)
4. I've read all the "sticky"s regarding tire size, rims, etc that work on various models, as well as the axle ratios, and conversion charts. I still want to find out if putting 30x9.50 on 15s would put too much strain on my engine/axles. I've got a 3.73 axle, and I believe a 2.3L engine (correct me if I'm wrong). I currently have 225/70r15s on and I don't hate the way they look, but would like something a little more aggressive. I'm considering 235/75r15 General Grabber AT2s because the 30" aren't out yet and I don't want to strain the engine or sacrifice too much mileage.
5. I've worked on boats my whole life so I'm fine with doing manual labor and getting dirty, but I don't have much experience with cars or any experience with wiring/electronics. I'm wondering what sorts of things I can do with my truck that will make it look that little bit different, more aggressive, but are not too difficult. I got some new rims and will be getting those painted or powdercoated black and will be mounting the new tires on those. I've got a shell cap with roofracks and might put a luggage rack/basket up there. I think those should help greatly.
I'm not looking to turn my truck into an offroad beast, but I'd like it to be a bit more aggressive than stock.
Any tips or recommendations would be awesome! (hope this was the right section to post it...I've kind of got exterior tech, 4cyl tech, and wheels/tires all in one haha!)
1999 2wd Mazda B2500 SE ext cab 5spd (only 46,000 miles)
Carbon Fiber dash
Leer Shell Cap with Yakima Racks
30x9.50 BF Goodrich AT KO on 15x7 ProComp Series 52 Gloss Black wheels
Last edited by usaus; 01-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.