Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:44 PM
nearfuture nearfuture is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
Default What year?

hay i'm going to get a Ford Ranger in the near future notice the name and i was wondering What year?

Any year will do. i'm not much of a handy man but ill learn buy a book and get help from friends so i don't really want it to break down much so i was just wondering what the best year?


Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Snake29 Snake29 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: What year?

Well, in my completely unbiased opinion, the black FX4 05 is the best.
__________________
FX4 Black 05
Truxport bed cover
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:55 PM
TurdFX4 TurdFX4 is offline
Sept. 2011 TOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: What year?

Nope, '03 FX4 Level II RED
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-25-2010, 07:58 PM
nearfuture nearfuture is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: What year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake29 View Post
Well, in my completely unbiased opinion, the black FX4 05 is the best.
Black is nice
And 2005 is a good year
thanks
hope i get more opinions though :P

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFX4 View Post
Nope, '03 FX4 Level II RED
level 2?
and red is another good colour (canadian)
03 another year i like
truck of the year 2. Hmmm looks like your in the lead. Lets talk truck how would we talk?
__________________
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Ford ranger's for the win

Last edited by nearfuture; 11-25-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:05 PM
05RangerEdge 05RangerEdge is offline
I'm a sell out
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,299
Default Re: What year?

I like my 05, the FX4 is bad ass but I love the EDGE models with the painted bumpers only thing i wish mine had was 4x4 other than that my truck is basically loaded.
__________________
SOLD: 2005 Ranger EDGE+ Supercab (2dr) 4x2
SOLD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 5.7 HEMI
CURRENT: 2015 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:10 PM
nearfuture nearfuture is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: What year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge View Post
I like my 05, the FX4 is bad ass but I love the EDGE models with the painted bumpers only thing i wish mine had was 4x4 other than that my truck is basically loaded.
Hay are 03's or 05's hard to find used and thanks for giveing more then 1 ever just gave me there truck i want 4x4 to
__________________
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Ford ranger's for the win
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: What year?

Rangers are everywhere. I personally like 98-03 the most, but 05+ are great trucks too. Anything older than 97 is gonna be pretty washed up and close to needing alot of work, so depending on your financial situation, i'd stick with 98-newer. Try to stick with low miles too. It's always better.

X2 on the Edge. Beautiful trucks. I too wish mine was 4x4, but other than that, it's a great truck.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-25-2010, 08:40 PM
nearfuture nearfuture is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: What year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Rangers are everywhere. I personally like 98-03 the most, but 05+ are great trucks too. Anything older than 97 is gonna be pretty washed up and close to needing alot of work, so depending on your financial situation, i'd stick with 98-newer. Try to stick with low miles too. It's always better.

X2 on the Edge. Beautiful trucks. I too wish mine was 4x4, but other than that, it's a great truck.
Washed up? bad or good
i can't seem to fined a 4x4
im happy you didn't say colour like ever one else
thanks i got work tomorrow but ill private messages and you can help me out a bit if you want thanks have a good night
__________________
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Ford ranger's for the win
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: What year?

Sorry wrong term. When I say washed up, I mean old, well used, better off retired and not relied on daily, unless completely rebuilt.

I'm not necessarily color specific. I do have my 4 favorites though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-25-2010, 10:58 PM
EMB1230 EMB1230 is offline
On my 3rd Ranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to EMB1230 Send a message via Yahoo to EMB1230 Send a message via Skype™ to EMB1230
Default Re: What year?

98+ got a slightly roomier regular cab
__________________
1987 2.3/TK5, 125K.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-26-2010, 04:12 AM
terryduanemiller terryduanemiller is offline
www.shanewootenband.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,896
Default Re: What year?

I suggest lil' more research on what you want, thr's plenty to choose from? ask your self what is the price range, what yrs n models do you like the looks of best, do you want? work horse 2 or 4wd, medium work horse 2 or 4wd, gas saver? (most reliable? 93-2002 n up 2.3-2.5L, but suggest 98-02 due to updated suspension) '03 and up 2.3DOHC 4 cyl' gained ruffly 30hp, just saying these trucks have many options over the years, and they all are great vehicles.. but logically, any vehicle with this kinda of life span in production, the best years have to be the latest models, FoMoCo had many years to hone it's lil trucks..
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD
1999 MAZDA 2500SE, 2.5L 4-clanger, 5 speed, Green n slow. Rangers as daily drivers since 1988.
ASE Certified Mechanic, Builder of Show Destroying Protouring and Classic cars..

Last edited by terryduanemiller; 11-26-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: What year?

2011!! lol

Now that i have one, i wouldn't suggest black to anyone unless you like stressing out.

I like the 2010's metallic red and blue; don't know which other years they were available for, as i'm not a big ranger connaisseur.

new = warranty against DIY repairs in the middle of january's -40C wet nights


imo
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-26-2010, 06:46 AM
nearfuture nearfuture is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: What year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Sorry wrong term. When I say washed up, I mean old, well used, better off retired and not relied on daily, unless completely rebuilt.

I'm not necessarily color specific. I do have my 4 favorites though.
alright thanks

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryduanemiller View Post
I suggest lil' more research on what you want, thr's plenty to choose from? ask your self what is the price range, what yrs n models do you like the looks of best, do you want? work horse 2 or 4wd, medium work horse 2 or 4wd, gas saver? (most reliable? 93-2002 n up 2.3-2.5L, but suggest 98-02 due to updated suspension) '03 and up 2.3DOHC 4 cyl' gained ruffly 30hp, just saying these trucks have many options over the years, and they all are great vehicles.. but logically, any vehicle with this kinda of life span in production, the best years have to be the latest models, FoMoCo had many years to hone it's lil trucks..
well i find the 03 05 look cool and i want to put a lift kit and new suspension.
__________________
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Ford ranger's for the win
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-26-2010, 06:46 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: What year?

How much money do you have to spend? That will quickly narrow down what to look for.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-26-2010, 06:54 AM
nearfuture nearfuture is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8
Default Re: What year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB1230 View Post
98+ got a slightly roomier regular cab
Cab size dosen't matter to me ill just buy a trailer

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
How much money do you have to spend? That will quickly narrow down what to look for.
anything under $10,000 will do
__________________
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Ford ranger's for the win
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
what year ford ranger

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what year should I get? POPTART972 General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 12-20-2011 04:34 PM
Last Year 2010? coach1046 General Ford Ranger Discussion 22 11-30-2011 10:38 AM
1 year anniversary Ranger_EDGE Off Topic 27 03-24-2010 08:51 PM
year codes? hunterranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 1 03-15-2010 09:29 AM
Maybe Next year Chicago STL Sports 1 09-27-2009 07:28 AM