Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 PM
sheltonfilms sheltonfilms is offline
Junkyard Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,842
Default Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Its about three weeks till I'm out of school for about 4 1/2 weeks. Great time to catch up on some mods. I gonna try to weld up my explorer seat brackets and install. Explorer enter console. Add power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless entry (got donor doors to gut just gotta find a harness). Hook up cruise control wiring. And hopefully get an EATC, harness, speed controller, and blend door actuator (already got all the sensors).

So what are you guys planning to do with your month off from school (besides probably working)?
__________________
Automotive Electronics Engineer
2000 XLT 2.5L A/T
Mods:
Explorer OHC
Explorer Autodim Mirrors w/ Autolamps
Explorer Sport White Face Gauges
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2010, 05:54 AM
94xltklingler 94xltklingler is offline
RANGER ADDICT.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 564
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Hmmm,well get my new headlights and corners in with the piaa bulbs,grille guard,get the windows tinted,led light bar on the rear,and try to get my front door speakers in,hopefully I can pick up some Kickers.
From Santa,I'm gonna get my go light and some Piaa 520 series lights to put on the front,plus a few other little things.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 AM
02maz 02maz is offline
I love my truck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,528
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

No work except for some things here and there on the farm, we go tractor problems, and cows never stopping eating. As far as the truck the fist thing I always do as soon as I get home is take my cap and my deer carrier off, I only use those in college for the most part. Then I'm going to get my new mustang dome light painted and installed, put my FRF stickers on, get the brush guard on and painted, then I'm adding my six off roading lights. Gonna make a bracket to hold my dixe horn and then get that working, I want to paint my wiper fluid, coolant, and fuse box lids red, paint the throttle body cover red. Then paint the radio bezel, and new HVAC controls red and make them back lit in red. I'm hoping to be getting a backup camera for Christmas, so that will take some creativity to get that installed somewhere semi permanent, without it looking tacky. Also going to give her a good wash, put my sandbags in, move all my winter stuff from the bed into the cab. I'll get her caked in snow a few times, then it will be time to go back to school. Should be a fun break.
__________________
2002 Mazda B3000 3.0L V6 4X4 | 2010 F-150 | 1990 Jeep Commanche 4.0L |
Mods:
off road lights | back up lights | auxiliary bed lights | interior LEDs | rhino liner | John Deere mudflaps | fog light mod | air box mod
Mustang dome light | Explorer OHC | Rampage LED brakestrip | maxed t-bars | Dixie horn | painted interior accents | undercoating | Cooper Discoverer AT3s

Mods to come: louder exhaust

Last edited by 02maz; 11-16-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2010, 07:51 AM
sheltonfilms sheltonfilms is offline
Junkyard Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,842
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02maz View Post
No work except for some things here and there on the farm, we go tractor problems, and cows never stopping eating. As far as the truck the fist thing I always do as soon as I get home is take my cap and my deer carrier off, I only use those in college for the most part. Then I'm going to get my new mustang dome light painted and installed, put my FRF stickers on, get the brush guard on and painted, then I'm adding my six off roading lights. Gonna make a bracket to hold my dixe horn and then get that working, I want to paint my wiper fluid, coolant, and fuse box lids red, paint the throttle body cover red. Then paint the radio bezel, and new HVAC controls red and make them back lit in red. I'm hoping to be getting a backup camera for Christmas, so that will take some creativity to get that installed somewhere semi permanent, without it looking tacky. Also going to give her a good wash, put my sandbags in, move all my winter stuff from the bed into the cab. I'll get her caked in snow a few times, then it will be time to go back to school. Should be a fun break.
When I added a calvery charge horn to mine I put the compressor in the cubby hole between the headlight and the grille shroud. The horns bolted to a piece of angled aluminum and then that bolted to a lip in front of the radiator (i think yours should have one too), behind and below the grill shroud. The horns faced down
__________________
Automotive Electronics Engineer
2000 XLT 2.5L A/T
Mods:
Explorer OHC
Explorer Autodim Mirrors w/ Autolamps
Explorer Sport White Face Gauges
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2010, 09:13 AM
02maz 02maz is offline
I love my truck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,528
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
When I added a calvery charge horn to mine I put the compressor in the cubby hole between the headlight and the grille shroud. The horns bolted to a piece of angled aluminum and then that bolted to a lip in front of the radiator (i think yours should have one too), behind and below the grill shroud. The horns faced down
Yea, I was looking around for a place to put it the other day and thats exactly where I was thinking.
__________________
2002 Mazda B3000 3.0L V6 4X4 | 2010 F-150 | 1990 Jeep Commanche 4.0L |
Mods:
off road lights | back up lights | auxiliary bed lights | interior LEDs | rhino liner | John Deere mudflaps | fog light mod | air box mod
Mustang dome light | Explorer OHC | Rampage LED brakestrip | maxed t-bars | Dixie horn | painted interior accents | undercoating | Cooper Discoverer AT3s

Mods to come: louder exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2010, 09:40 AM
sheltonfilms sheltonfilms is offline
Junkyard Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,842
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Yeah that engine bay is pretty cramped. I use the other side cubby hole to hold an extra quart of oil......lol. I learned that one from my redneck buddies.
__________________
Automotive Electronics Engineer
2000 XLT 2.5L A/T
Mods:
Explorer OHC
Explorer Autodim Mirrors w/ Autolamps
Explorer Sport White Face Gauges
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
02maz 02maz is offline
I love my truck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,528
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Haha thats a good ideal, does your truck burn alot of oil? I wonder if a extra battery would fit in there, that's what I need.
__________________
2002 Mazda B3000 3.0L V6 4X4 | 2010 F-150 | 1990 Jeep Commanche 4.0L |
Mods:
off road lights | back up lights | auxiliary bed lights | interior LEDs | rhino liner | John Deere mudflaps | fog light mod | air box mod
Mustang dome light | Explorer OHC | Rampage LED brakestrip | maxed t-bars | Dixie horn | painted interior accents | undercoating | Cooper Discoverer AT3s

Mods to come: louder exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
sheltonfilms sheltonfilms is offline
Junkyard Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,842
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02maz View Post
Haha thats a good ideal, does your truck burn alot of oil? I wonder if a extra battery would fit in there, that's what I need.
Well I get five quarts when I change my oil and sense my truck takes 4.5 quarts, I just put the extra 0.5 quarts there just in case it is low between changes. So far at 150,000, it doesn't seem to burn a drop.

What do you need an extra battery for?
__________________
Automotive Electronics Engineer
2000 XLT 2.5L A/T
Mods:
Explorer OHC
Explorer Autodim Mirrors w/ Autolamps
Explorer Sport White Face Gauges
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
DeckedOut DeckedOut is offline
Liquir up Front, Poker in
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 232
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

I'd like to get some painting done with my new little gun and stuff, but don't have an oven so that's out :[

Might try to finish my interior, or maybe get my Hood Louvers cut in and done. Still running alittle warmer than Id like.
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2WD
Modified Air Intake , 17 Inch Wheels , Custom Interior, Custom Ford Emblems, Black Headlight Covers, Tinted Euro Tailights, Tinted Third Brake Light, Purple Underglow, Engine Dress Up (In progress), Air Box Mod Sony XPLod Subs/Amps, Aux Lights, Hand Made Grille Inserts, Playing Card Vinyl, LineX Bed Liner, Some undercoating (in progress), Dual Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
02maz 02maz is offline
I love my truck
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,528
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
Well I get five quarts when I change my oil and sense my truck takes 4.5 quarts, I just put the extra 0.5 quarts there just in case it is low between changes. So far at 150,000, it doesn't seem to burn a drop.

What do you need an extra battery for?
Me and some friends are thinking of going on a cross country road trip some time in the next few years and we're planning on camping in the truck for the majority of it. I want to run all the stuff in the bed, like the lights, an electric heater, and a fan, off of a seperate battery, that way if we drain it, we still have the main battery to start the truck. I'd also like to make it so we can plug phone and laptop chargers into it too. Idk its all just ideals for now.
__________________
2002 Mazda B3000 3.0L V6 4X4 | 2010 F-150 | 1990 Jeep Commanche 4.0L |
Mods:
off road lights | back up lights | auxiliary bed lights | interior LEDs | rhino liner | John Deere mudflaps | fog light mod | air box mod
Mustang dome light | Explorer OHC | Rampage LED brakestrip | maxed t-bars | Dixie horn | painted interior accents | undercoating | Cooper Discoverer AT3s

Mods to come: louder exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
SaskRanger SaskRanger is offline
F-150 Driver, don't hate.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 280
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Christmas cannot come soon enough... first year engineering is kicking my ass. I plan on taking a trip to Alberta where I'm legal to drink, and after that I plan on getting a new bumper, new wheels, new taillights and new headlights. I say I plan on that because that's what I want to do but usually never gets done.
__________________
2008 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, 5.4L.
2007 Ranger Supercab FX4, 4.0L, Accident mod done in December, 2012, totalled.
1998 Ranger Reg. Cab, 3.Slow. Sold, then totalled.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
finplayer13 finplayer13 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 125
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

snowboard snowboard and snowboard
__________________
2003 4.0 SOHC 4x4 / Kenwood Dash / 32 x 11 BFG AT's / 15" Ion Alloy wheels / Rancho RS 5000 shocks / MBRP Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 PM
sheltonfilms sheltonfilms is offline
Junkyard Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,842
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRanger View Post
Christmas cannot come soon enough... first year engineering is kicking my ass. I plan on taking a trip to Alberta where I'm legal to drink, and after that I plan on getting a new bumper, new wheels, new taillights and new headlights. I say I plan on that because that's what I want to do but usually never gets done.
What type of engineering are you doing? I'm in my 6th and last year of electrical. Differential Equations really kicked my arse. Well mostly because each teacher I had was from other countries (their accents were very strong). Took it one summer at a local community college, with a teacher who spoke perfect english......lets just say I got an A.
__________________
Automotive Electronics Engineer
2000 XLT 2.5L A/T
Mods:
Explorer OHC
Explorer Autodim Mirrors w/ Autolamps
Explorer Sport White Face Gauges
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 AM
SaskRanger SaskRanger is offline
F-150 Driver, don't hate.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 280
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
What type of engineering are you doing? I'm in my 6th and last year of electrical. Differential Equations really kicked my arse. Well mostly because each teacher I had was from other countries (their accents were very strong). Took it one summer at a local community college, with a teacher who spoke perfect english......lets just say I got an A.

Just first year but am planning on going into Mechanical. All my profs are foreign, its stupid. Chem is from Scotland, Math from who the hell knows like Croatia or something, Problem Solving is actually from Canada but is a complete retard, Statics theres two, one from India and one from like Sudan (sounds like Bangs8 off youtube, the guy who "raps" Take You To Da Movies), and the rest are from like Britain and more from India. I would have no hope in passing if the notes weren't online. Christmas cannot come quick enough.
__________________
2008 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, 5.4L.
2007 Ranger Supercab FX4, 4.0L, Accident mod done in December, 2012, totalled.
1998 Ranger Reg. Cab, 3.Slow. Sold, then totalled.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2010, 01:10 AM
sheltonfilms sheltonfilms is offline
Junkyard Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,842
Default Re: Its almost Christmas Break for the school guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRanger View Post
Just first year but am planning on going into Mechanical. All my profs are foreign, its stupid. Chem is from Scotland, Math from who the hell knows like Croatia or something, Problem Solving is actually from Canada but is a complete retard, Statics theres two, one from India and one from like Sudan (sounds like Bangs8 off youtube, the guy who "raps" Take You To Da Movies), and the rest are from like Britain and more from India. I would have no hope in passing if the notes weren't online. Christmas cannot come quick enough.
After hearing all that all I can say is GOOD LUCK!......you need a beer.
__________________
Automotive Electronics Engineer
2000 XLT 2.5L A/T
Mods:
Explorer OHC
Explorer Autodim Mirrors w/ Autolamps
Explorer Sport White Face Gauges
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
got a couple of things, its like christmas all over again FoMoCo Vehicle Snapshots 7 01-12-2010 03:20 AM
Merry Christmas STRanger Off Topic 12 12-23-2009 06:31 PM
christmas lights mb128 Vehicle Snapshots 7 12-23-2009 03:32 PM
Just picked up the fiance's Christmas Present dixie_boysles Off Topic 10 12-08-2009 05:21 AM
Dear Santa....what have u asked for Christmas? dixie_boysles Off Topic 45 11-26-2009 09:12 AM