Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 10-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

sweet man done
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:04 PM
CrimeStar CrimeStar is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 150
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Done and done!
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger 3.0 4x4 SC
Touch Screen, Alpine Amp, 12" Type R
BFG AT on DC-1s, 5% tint, black and green interior
V8 one day, niteshaded tails
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 PM
joldtown joldtown is offline
White Trash Ballin' MFer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 764
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Mag light holder's in the mail, RIGHT!!! Good luck with the project.
__________________
'02 XLT ext. cab 4.0 4x4 Off Road
Usual mods
Unusual color
Only a real man can pimp DWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbaum13
What really impresses us is power, originality within reason, and a nice clean rig that makes us say "damn!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport
ew, don't touch me smakes
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Alon Alon is offline
2AM Fabrication
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to Alon
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldtown View Post
Mag light holder's in the mail, RIGHT!!! Good luck with the project.
ummm, what?
__________________
}---------> 2:AM Website <----------> 2:AM Facebook<---------{
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

the reason i bought a ranger and the trim package that came with it was for the small size and the fuel econ. i needed something that i could go off-road on the trials on the weekend. as well as drive across the state of michigan every week.
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Alon Alon is offline
2AM Fabrication
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to Alon
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Basically, Ford is getting rid of the ranger saying that people only want it because it is affordable and gets good mileage. Well now the basline v6 F150 isnt too much more and gets the same mileage so they say people will just switch to that.

My thinking is that they should put the 3.7 v6 from the f150 into the ranger and get much better mileage. Not everyone wants a full size truck and I think they are going to lose a big portion of the truck market. If they cancel the ranger people that want a small truck will go to other brands.
__________________
}---------> 2:AM Website <----------> 2:AM Facebook<---------{
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

thats exactly what i think will happen. ford was not smart with this idea they have. yes the f-150 is nice, looks good, and has many options. yet if u now look at the dodge and chevy small trucks there is v8 options and 4 doors. there for people look at those now as damn look at all those options the f-150 has yet it is a small truck. toyota and nissan have mid size trucks as well. so in the end ford loses a ton of sales.
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-31-2010, 11:21 PM
DHEM DHEM is offline
Resident Red
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

done
__________________
'05 2wd Ranger xl with the 3.0

MODS-Alpine head unit, throttle cable mod, Black Rock wheels, FX4 lvl II axle swap, pooleo's camo painted bezel and mustang dome, painted/aftermarket headlights/tails fold-a-cover and over 100 hp in stickers
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-01-2010, 09:45 AM
dads truck dads truck is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 58
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Easiest survey I've taken in a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Falco51 Falco51 is offline
Drivin Slow & Lookin Good
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,280
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

I choose my ranger because i wanted a few things. I wanted a truck because my dad farms and you never know when you gotta haul a combine fuel tank somewhere to get welded on (did that), or you gotta drive around and pick up rocks or just something stupid like that. And you never know when you just need to move something. And i also got it for the 4x4 aspect, and i only got that because of winter. And the main reason is because it's small. Yes i could drive a 150, but i don't need anything that big. I'm 19, about 140 pounds soaking wet, i have no kids, i have no reason to have a truck that big. So i think a lot of people who buy the ranger because they want a truck but they don't want something huge, will be in a bind if the ranger isn't made anymore.
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT. 4x4 | Harvest Gold
JVC Stereo | K&N Air Filter | Bushwacker Bed Rails & Tailgate Cap | Recon LED "White Lightning" Light Bar | Smoked Corners | Curt Hitch | Low Profile Black Diamond Plate UWS Toolbox | Stock Ranger Rubber Floormats | Bwad's old '06+ Tail Lights | '08 All Red 3rd Brake Light | 15% Tinted Windows | Blacked Out Headlights | Painted Honeycomb Black | Black Ford Ovals | Fog Light Mod |Silver Star Ultras| '06+ Fender Badges | Hornblasters Air Horn | Tremor Rims
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
mickblock mickblock is offline
Get off my lawn
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,059
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
You can also voice your opinion here and I may end up using what you say (with permission) in the final paper. I'll post it when I finish.
Alright well then I'll say that while I was filling out the survey there was a little logical voice that wanted to weigh some of the questions in a more practical way. Yet all the answers I gave had to do with me picturing myself at a dealership and choosing a new truck. That little logical voice isn't allowed to tag along at that point. 'Cause all it does is cramp my style. In fact that little logical voice better know it can kiss my ass. When that little logical voice get's a job and helps me make my car payments... ok ..alright you get the point.
__________________
08 4.0 Sport 4x4
Stock
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

School project? How old are you Alon?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-01-2010, 07:02 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Done, and well bumping this so more people can see it.


Here are my two thoughts with this. I own a Ranger because I needed a truck that had 4wd, the size wasn't a big deal to me but worked out well because I really didn't need a fullsize either. I would much rather own a small truck like this if I don't need a fullsize, as well as in other parts of the world they get a diesel and a crew cab and that is their fullsize truck option. You want to make this truck perfect for me, add a manual transmission (edit: I say that only because I have the slushbox, and I'd rather row gears) , crew cab option with a full 6 foot bed, and a diesel you'll have me buying for years. I think the masses would benefit from that. It would also slightly curve our need for foreign oil if all the idiots that drive fullsizes just to show how cool they are and never tow with their trucks would buy a well equipped, smaller sized diesel with awesome power. Plus these trucks aren't costing an arm and a leg to maintain or use.

I love the Ranger body style, but I do think it is time for a new truck head to toe. They have done the truck well with the front end redesigns, and it makes it easy for almost anyone with a 3rd gen or later to swap things, but there comes a time when even the most trusted horse will falter and need to be put to pasture. It's her time.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Alon Alon is offline
2AM Fabrication
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to Alon
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
School project? How old are you Alon?
I am 23.

I know there are some issues with the survey but I am getting enough results for the project. The survey could have been improved with some testing and more refining but that was not a high priority at the time, lol. I have three other (larger) projects going on right now and had to budget time accordingly.

Thanks to all who have done this so far, I only needed 15 and I am up to 70.
__________________
}---------> 2:AM Website <----------> 2:AM Facebook<---------{
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: I need everyones help with a school project (will only take a few min!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
I am 23.

I know there are some issues with the survey but I am getting enough results for the project. The survey could have been improved with some testing and more refining but that was not a high priority at the time, lol. I have three other (larger) projects going on right now and had to budget time accordingly.

Thanks to all who have done this so far, I only needed 15 and I am up to 70.
Wow...23....now You have to respect your elders son LOL. Good luck with the project man.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3" lift - last min check desjardo Lifted Suspension 17 02-19-2011 04:12 PM
2000 Ranger dies then starts within 1 min alatina General Tech 1 09-16-2010 06:26 PM
A/C cold for a few min then warm. WTH?! Help! Jwad00 General Tech 9 06-24-2010 01:02 PM
Finally Done School pmac Off Topic 6 05-01-2010 09:15 PM
Old School lol cody_ranger Lifted Suspension 12 07-22-2009 10:21 PM