Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
That makes no sense. I Fail.
Short Ram =/= CAI
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

What's your point. Where I did I say it was? I said it was a hot air intake, which is exactly what it is. In fact, if you really want to nit pick, which it seems that you do, there is absolutely NOTHING ram about it. It's sucking ambient under-hood air into a cone filter and through a shiny piece of pipe. Big whoop. Probably causing a net-loss in power due to the hot air.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
What's your point. Where I did I say it was? I said it was a hot air intake, which is exactly what it is. In fact, if you really want to nit pick, which it seems that you do, there is absolutely NOTHING ram about it. It's sucking ambient under-hood air into a cone filter and through a shiny piece of pipe. Big whoop. Probably causing a net-loss in power due to the hot air.
Omfg, it's called a short ram, it's not an expression, it's what the manufacturers have called it for decades, it's not open for your opinion of what's what. The area where it takes its air is merely centimeters away from the oem intake, less the restrictive size of entry point.

You called it a "A hot air intake", adding to the bashing of CAIs, which have nothing to do with this thread, since it's a short ram, that never claimed to have anything to do with cold air.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-15-2010, 08:10 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Dude, get over your hated of me for some reason. I don't care what manufacturers have been calling it for decades. I'm saying what it does and does not do, not what the label on the box says. I don't give a fuck if the box says it is a rabid baboon. It's still a piece of shit that sucks up hot air from under the hood. Which is why this thread was made in the first place... to make fun of it's utter stupidity.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
99offroadrngr 99offroadrngr is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 945
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

oem intake box > gay SR/CAI. but ya, that thing does suck in hot air lol POS waste of money.
If you want to spend money on something like that might as well get a cardboard tube, bend it and throw a coffee filter on the end.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Dude, get over your hated of me for some reason. I don't care what manufacturers have been calling it for decades. I'm saying what it does and does not do, not what the label on the box says. I don't give a fuck if the box says it is a rabid baboon. It's still a piece of shit that sucks up hot air from under the hood. Which is why this thread was made in the first place... to make fun of it's utter stupidity.
I think you're misreading my posts.

I'm only stating the obvious when the topic says best intake, and you say its about cold air, which it is not.

Now saying that the oem is better than a CAI is rediculous, or displaying the lack of knowloedge necessary to pass judgement. Just look where the oem takes its air, it's fucking hot as hell, unless you drive a 4cyls, then i wouldn't know.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-16-2010, 03:59 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
I think you're misreading my posts.

I'm only stating the obvious when the topic says best intake, and you say its about cold air, which it is not.

Now saying that the oem is better than a CAI is rediculous, or displaying the lack of knowloedge necessary to pass judgement. Just look where the oem takes its air, it's fucking hot as hell, unless you drive a 4cyls, then i wouldn't know.
Nevermind. You're too thick to understand any of this. I can't keep repeating myself all day. When you get a clue, this will all make more sense.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Nevermind. You're too thick to understand any of this.
Nah, you're just being a D-bag.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 PM
rangerover rangerover is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 96
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
oem intake box > gay SR/CAI. but ya, that thing does suck in hot air lol POS waste of money.
If you want to spend money on something like that might as well get a cardboard tube, bend it and throw a coffee filter on the end.
I like your idea...maybe the next new trend...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
Nah, you're just being a D-bag.
Yea I know,those silly things like facts and physics always make me such an *******. If I arbitrarily made decisions based on misinformation and advertising, I would be much less of a douche.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Yea I know,those silly things like facts and physics always make me such an *******. If I arbitrarily made decisions based on misinformation and advertising, I would be much less of a douche.
Nah, just the way you talk. Its almost like when you're posting, you stop and think "how can I sound like the biggest douchebag imaginable?"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-18-2010, 03:38 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

I don't need to stop and think.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 AM
vapiper vapiper is offline
Buy a Ford
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 198
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

__________________
2010 Ranger XLT
2009 M109R
http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/41030.png

Last edited by vapiper; 09-18-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
mickblock mickblock is offline
Get off my lawn
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,059
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

__________________
08 4.0 Sport 4x4
Stock
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-18-2010, 11:11 PM
ericthehurt ericthehurt is offline
I can't think right now.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 85
Default Re: Best Intake Yet!!!!

It's not a 5.0, those look like this:

totally sideways at the manifold, that one is at an angle.

And I don't know if any of you guys arguing about cold air/short ram and all that have ever built an intake but I know the 3" PVC I made for my 1990 Maz B22 worked super well. It was however true cold air ram from outside the engine bay fed by an open turn signal hole in the bumper. I moded the signals into the corner lights. It was hot for what it was up until the front crank seal blew.
__________________
'04 3.0 xlt: thrown rod = dead.
Planned mods: 5.0 swap (got the donor already, it's nardly), 4/5 suspension drop(DONE), traction bars, 8.8swap, 3.55's w/LS . Auto to Manual conversion. Lots more in the works.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What kind of intake should I get?? Fordranger2001 3.0 Vulcan Tech 50 12-01-2010 07:01 PM
Intake help wolfboy192 4-Cylinder Tech 0 08-17-2010 05:57 PM
Air intake mmguy General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 12-16-2009 07:55 PM
to intake or not to intake blueovelboy 4-Cylinder Tech 1 09-09-2009 05:05 AM
need an intake fordgoro 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 8 06-16-2009 06:02 PM