Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 09-11-2010, 06:42 AM
modelageek modelageek is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzkenneth View Post
Just blue-booked my 97 on KBB, trade in for it right now is 2175 in good condition (which it is). Private party 3435 (paid 3100 after plates and taxes), but suggested retail is 4760. Thats just crazy.
I am confused what is crazy? here is the ad http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/1943250932.html do you think that at $3,500 this would be a good deal? the 3.0 is the least desirable engine?
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 154k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/96k) ( as of 7/1/2017)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-11-2010, 07:25 AM
More_Cowbell More_Cowbell is offline
Chrome Dont Get You Home
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

insurance company gave me $2,365 when i totaled my ranger and thats after we bought it back
__________________
1990 Ranger Extended Cab
2.9L V6 5 Speed Transmission
Planning to put a 347 and a T-5 in it eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
It looks like someone attacked the front of the truck with a bedazzler.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-11-2010, 08:24 AM
modelageek modelageek is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB1230 View Post
Is it me or are dealers overpricing these trucks? $9,000 for an '02 seems like an awful lot. Btw, the particular one that caught my eye was an XL with a 7' bed, auto trans and 50k mi.
Never buy from a dealer unless you can go with them to the auctions. you can get a great deal there and give him $300 for his troubles. I would be happy to help anyone find a truck (no charge) it is a hobby of mine and I mostly use craiglsit to find them.
The truck in my sig I bought 3 years ago for $1,100 it had 85K, I bought it from the origial owner(craigslist). I dont think he had done anything to it. since owning it I have put on 40k miles and and spent about $2,000 in maintance/repairs. I did most of the work myself but did need to pay $230 for a timing belt( I was 3hours from home). The engine uses no oil and runs great this is what i have done, ps pump, alternator, battery, timing belt, upper control arms, front wheel bearings, front rotors and pads, oil change every 3k, flushed tranny twice, flushed coolant, plugs and wires,fuel filter, hangers and schkles( rear leafspring) 4 shocks, serp belt, 6 tires,2 abs/vss senosrs, exhaust pipe
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 154k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/96k) ( as of 7/1/2017)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).

Last edited by modelageek; 09-11-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 AM
modelageek modelageek is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by More_Cowbell View Post
insurance company gave me $2,365 when i totaled my ranger and thats after we bought it back
what was the truck they paid you for(the one in your sig)? how much did you buy it back for. Insurance company always pay a fair share for the cars. I got 4k for my wives 2002 dodge caravan with 190k on it. the thing wasn't worth 2k. the wife is driving a 2006 vibe that i bought a year ago for $5,500. it is probably worth 7 or 8 from an insurance company.

it's like anything knowledge is king and these forums help tremendously
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 154k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/96k) ( as of 7/1/2017)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 AM
canadiangurl canadiangurl is offline
You can't fix stupid
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Dealers always overprice vehicles. Although here, anything 4x4 is insanely high priced used and dealers don't move much on prices because they know someone will pay asking price or close. With 30,000 km on mine I could probably get close to what I paid brand new if I sold privately even. Used 4x4 rangers are hard to find here and they go fast when they come up for sale. 4x2 trucks lose their value so quickly because they're next to useless in the winters here, not too many of them around.
__________________
2008 XLT 4.0 auto ext cab 4x4
Levelled, 265/75/16 ProComp Xtreme AT on ProComp wheels, dual exhaust, more to come
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-11-2010, 08:49 AM
More_Cowbell More_Cowbell is offline
Chrome Dont Get You Home
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelageek View Post
what was the truck they paid you for(the one in your sig)? how much did you buy it back for. Insurance company always pay a fair share for the cars. I got 4k for my wives 2002 dodge caravan with 190k on it. the thing wasn't worth 2k. the wife is driving a 2006 vibe that i bought a year ago for $5,500. it is probably worth 7 or 8 from an insurance company.

it's like anything knowledge is king and these forums help tremendously
yeah its my 90 ranger with 230k i think the adjuster might of put 130k down idk and it was about $200 to buy it back and about 600 to get it back to what it looks like in my avatar
__________________
1990 Ranger Extended Cab
2.9L V6 5 Speed Transmission
Planning to put a 347 and a T-5 in it eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
It looks like someone attacked the front of the truck with a bedazzler.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 AM
modelageek modelageek is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by More_Cowbell View Post
yeah its my 90 ranger with 230k i think the adjuster might of put 130k down idk and it was about $200 to buy it back and about 600 to get it back to what it looks like in my avatar
wow that is a great deal!!!
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 154k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/96k) ( as of 7/1/2017)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 AM
modelageek modelageek is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangurl View Post
Dealers always overprice vehicles. Although here, anything 4x4 is insanely high priced used and dealers don't move much on prices because they know someone will pay asking price or close. With 30,000 km on mine I could probably get close to what I paid brand new if I sold privately even. Used 4x4 rangers are hard to find here and they go fast when they come up for sale. 4x2 trucks lose their value so quickly because they're next to useless in the winters here, not too many of them around.
I wonder how tough it is to import/export trucks between us/canada. you could send down the 2wd and i can send up the 4wd......
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 154k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/96k) ( as of 7/1/2017)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 AM
canadiangurl canadiangurl is offline
You can't fix stupid
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelageek View Post
I wonder how tough it is to import/export trucks between us/canada. you could send down the 2wd and i can send up the 4wd......
I know quite a few people who head south of the border for their vehicles. I think all they need is an inspection done here before they can register and insure it in BC.
They usually get a weekend vacation and a vehicle for the price of just a vehicle here, I think its worth it.
__________________
2008 XLT 4.0 auto ext cab 4x4
Levelled, 265/75/16 ProComp Xtreme AT on ProComp wheels, dual exhaust, more to come
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 AM
schultzkenneth schultzkenneth is offline
Same Stuff, Different Day
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 455
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelageek View Post
I am confused what is crazy? here is the ad http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/1943250932.html do you think that at $3,500 this would be a good deal? the 3.0 is the least desirable engine?
i guess i should have added a little explanation to that. Compared to the Blue Book price on my dad's 97 Safari and my Grandpa's 2003 F-150, the rangers BB price is actually pretty high i feel. As far as 3500 for that 02 or 03 what ever it was. I think that is a pretty fair deal.
__________________

1997 Ford Ranger XLT, 2.3L I4, Auto, 2wd, Regular Cab, 91k miles. 7.5in 4.10 Open Rear Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Experience is useless if it is wrong, and there's a lot of experienced morons.
Keep the air in the spare, and the bag in the wheel - Adam Carolla
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 AM
modelageek modelageek is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzkenneth View Post
i guess i should have added a little explanation to that. Compared to the Blue Book price on my dad's 97 Safari and my Grandpa's 2003 F-150, the rangers BB price is actually pretty high i feel. As far as 3500 for that 02 or 03 what ever it was. I think that is a pretty fair deal.
I never use kbb, it is for dealers. i use edmunds. TMV. the TMV is only one part of the equation when figuring out the value. ie. a 2000 prizm has a TMV of $2100 a 2000 corolla has a TMV of $3500. they are virtually the same car and when they are sold in the real world the values are much closer then the book values........again stay away from dealers. do some research on these forums and edmunds and you can find a great used car from a private seller...... feel free to pm me and i will be glad to help you
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 154k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/96k) ( as of 7/1/2017)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 PM
trcothorn trcothorn is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 238
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
KBB on my 95 with 68k on it (going by miles on engine, not odometer) was like 3k....Think you're doing it wrong...Unless your truck didnt come with anything including AC and a stereo
well ive got high miles lol 160k and its a manual so i think that devalues it a little bit too, but it does have cruise, ac, stereo, etc
__________________
2004 ford ranger 2.3 2wd. flowmaster 40. sony xplode head unit. 30x9.50x15 turbostar ATs. stock jeep wrangler wheels, painted black. ebay taillights. few more cosmetic upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-12-2010, 03:49 AM
modelageek modelageek is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcothorn View Post
well ive got high miles lol 160k and its a manual so i think that devalues it a little bit too, but it does have cruise, ac, stereo, etc
trcothorn, i am with you, value sounds about right. a lot of peeps over value there trucks. i look at these vakues strickly using logic. there are not many 16 year old trucks worth 3K. THEY SHOULD PUT THEM ON CL AND WHEN THEY DONT GET ANY RESPONSES............
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 154k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/96k) ( as of 7/1/2017)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcothorn View Post
well ive got high miles lol 160k and its a manual so i think that devalues it a little bit too, but it does have cruise, ac, stereo, etc
Im 4.0 manual with no cruise. Must be the 4.0
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 PM
snakeranger snakeranger is offline
Ranger driver since 2005
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Resale value of Rangers

I went back in April to a Ford dealership to ask for what price they would give my ranger for and they said about 7K. The '99 is probably only like 1K, maybe not even! Lol!
__________________
Black 2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4X2 Supercab 2-door 3.0L V6
Current Mods:
-LED License plate lights, Interior Dome Lamp
-HID Headlights and Foglamps
-265/75/R16 BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
-Chrome Step Bars


Join the 06'+ Ford Ranger Sports if you have an 06+ Sport model!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my rangers new look let me know what u think it's only..... Demon-FX4 Vehicle Snapshots 16 05-21-2010 07:52 PM
they might not be rangers but... Ruger Splash Audio / Video 2 04-11-2010 09:20 AM
new to rangers and need help the green ranger 4-Cylinder Tech 0 10-20-2009 09:40 PM
New to Rangers rreid Introduce Yourself 11 09-22-2009 12:34 PM
new here, just not to rangers. 2001xlt4d Introduce Yourself 9 08-24-2009 07:06 AM