Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #61  
Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Fx4wannabe01 Fx4wannabe01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,058
Default Re: cab swap VS no cab swap??

ummm.....the module isn't much money at all. I happen to know from experience. I ordered mine from my local yard and it ran me a whopping $30. They threw in an extra due to a paperwork error too. Sensors from Ford aren't that much money either....about $50 a pop or you can rip 'em off a truck who's bags didn't deploy. You might not need a sensor, but on your model, I believe there's two sensors behind the grille and IDK if they need replaced after bag deployment. My sensor is in the module itself(from what I understand). And FWIW, all your replacement airbag parts all need to come from a truck that hasn't had it's bags deployed in their wreck.
__________________
'01 XLT disguised as a '03 Fx4 Level II.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM
behny522 behny522 is offline
rockin the danger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
Default Re: cab swap VS no cab swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
ummm.....the module isn't much money at all. I happen to know from experience. I ordered mine from my local yard and it ran me a whopping $30. They threw in an extra due to a paperwork error too. Sensors from Ford aren't that much money either....about $50 a pop or you can rip 'em off a truck who's bags didn't deploy. You might not need a sensor, but on your model, I believe there's two sensors behind the grille and IDK if they need replaced after bag deployment. My sensor is in the module itself(from what I understand). And FWIW, all your replacement airbag parts all need to come from a truck that hasn't had it's bags deployed in their wreck.
i got my airbags and the module from online and the airbags hadn't deployed.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-26-2010, 02:05 PM
behny522 behny522 is offline
rockin the danger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
Default Re: cab swap VS no cab swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by behny522 View Post
i got my airbags and the module from online and the airbags hadn't deployed.
i got both my airbags and the module for $100
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM
behny522 behny522 is offline
rockin the danger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
Default Re: cab swap VS no cab swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldtown View Post
Deep Wedgewood Blue 4x4 steppie with a 4.0 for sale over here!
how much do you want for it?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
behny522 behny522 is offline
rockin the danger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
Default Re: cab swap VS no cab swap??

I have now decided im going with my original plan and cutting the top off and welding a new one on its cheaper and i can get the experience im looking for by doing it. I want to go into fabrication and this can be a good learning experience for me..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: cab swap VS no cab swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by behny522 View Post
I have now decided im going with my original plan and cutting the top off and welding a new one on its cheaper and i can get the experience im looking for by doing it. I want to go into fabrication and this can be a good learning experience for me..
Lol good luck....let me know how it goes, that's a HUGE project. I'll still come help when I'm home.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
v8 swap 4banger83 8-Cylinder Tech 22 09-24-2010 01:45 PM
cab swap 4banger83 Exterior Tech 3 02-02-2010 07:56 PM
v8 swap in my 83 2wd 83rangerjoe 8-Cylinder Tech 2 01-19-2010 09:52 PM
LS1 Swap 46Tbird 8-Cylinder Tech 13 12-31-2009 05:27 PM
My 5.0L Swap Psychopete Project Logs 23 11-13-2009 09:23 AM