Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #14536  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:41 PM
KMuck KMuck is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 656
Default

Put it on our brand new lift! Stoked about this thing!

image-2847937176.jpg
__________________
2008 3.slow auto rwd sport
CAI + Superchips tune
  #14537  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 PM
RagerTom RagerTom is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,177
Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motts27 View Post
Changed the fuel filter, I think it was the original one because its a motorcraft, I doubt the last owners would buy a motorcraft one. Then filled it up. At the first shutoff(which that's normally when I cut it off) it was only 8.2 gallons. I was like wtf so filled it again and stretched $10 out of it until I knew it was full. But I still got an avg of 20.3 which is way better then the normal 16 ish. Oh and I went 203 so I think I got around 24 mpg in reality.

lol.... from 8.2 gallons to putting in another 10 dollars more..... can we stick with one unit of measurement? so 203 miles divided by 11 i believe is around 18 mpgs
__________________
Not a F150 sellout? Click HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
adamantium tamponicus!
  #14538  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:43 PM
brandonveinotte brandonveinotte is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
Default

Well I have an 09 4.0l and if I don't drive like a maniac I can get 26-28 with it on the hwy. the guy I got my winter runs from said he was getting 28 on the hwy from an 08 4.0l std.
  #14539  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:43 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,136
Default What did you do to your ranger today thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
lol.... from 8.2 gallons to putting in another 10 dollars more..... can we stick with one unit of measurement? so 203 miles divided by 11 i believe is around 18 mpgs
You got it!
  #14540  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:44 PM
brandonveinotte brandonveinotte is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
Default

*rims
  #14541  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 PM
RagerTom RagerTom is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,177
Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motts27 View Post
Well the time before it I stopped filling it after the first shutoff and when I filled it today, the first shutoff was at 8.2 gallons. I used the same pump going the same way, I even went to another gas station and it wouldn't really let me put more gas in so I know it's full. Believe I had to make sure it was real. I didn't believe it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motts27 View Post
Well that's what the pump said. On a trip driving just constant it said it got 28.4 doing like 62-65, but ya don't have to believe me. I know my math and I'm not retarded.
ha didnt even see these.... why do you keep saying what you put in at first shut off? depending on gas prices you couldve put another 3 gallons in which will mess up your math skills a little bit.... uknawwutimeean?
__________________
Not a F150 sellout? Click HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
adamantium tamponicus!
  #14542  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:51 PM
linleycorp linleycorp is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

i need help with my ranger i have 1997 super cab 4 wheel dr its a work truck last year it was skipping bad changed the plugs and wires and it stop then a couple weeks ago it started running sluggish again put a coil pack on it got a little better but still skipping code says lean on bank one and was saying misfire on 6 and 1 but when i replaced the coil pack that went away and it is not misfireing on 1 any more no code for 6 now but it is still missing on 6 did a compression test and tested fine any suggestions im thinking a injector but not sure any help would be greatly appreciated
__________________
1997 ranger 4.0 4 wheel dr
  #14543  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:52 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,136
Default What did you do to your ranger today thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by linleycorp View Post
i need help with my ranger i have 1997 super cab 4 wheel dr its a work truck last year it was skipping bad changed the plugs and wires and it stop then a couple weeks ago it started running sluggish again put a coil pack on it got a little better but still skipping code says lean on bank one and was saying misfire on 6 and 1 but when i replaced the coil pack that went away and it is not misfireing on 1 any more no code for 6 now but it is still missing on 6 did a compression test and tested fine any suggestions im thinking a injector but not sure any help would be greatly appreciated
Wrong thread
  #14544  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 PM
KMuck KMuck is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 656
Default

Popcorn
__________________
2008 3.slow auto rwd sport
CAI + Superchips tune
  #14545  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
motts27 motts27 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 417
Default

I never edited my post. And yeah the pump stopped at 8.2 gallons, like $31.89, I knew it was 8.2 so yeah my number were a little off. but then I got it up to $38 until it was completely full. So I know I at least got 20.79 mpg.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by motts27 View Post
I never edited my post. And yeah the pump stopped at 8.2 gallons, like $31.89, I knew it was 8.2 so yeah my number were a little off. but then I got it up to $38 until it was completely full. So I know I at least got 20.79 mpg.
An I always went by miles/gallons, I never go by how much it costs.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger reg cab 4x4 add-a-leaf 32'' hankook dynapro or 265/75/15 winterforce for winter 3.0 FFV 5 speed, throttle cable mod, torsion bar cranked, tint.
  #14546  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Vogenitz69 Vogenitz69 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonveinotte View Post
Well I have an 09 4.0l and if I don't drive like a maniac I can get 26-28 with it on the hwy. the guy I got my winter runs from said he was getting 28 on the hwy from an 08 4.0l std.
You have the 4.0? Or 4 cylinder? Bc there is no way in hell the 4.0 is getting over 22
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger GT 5.0 V8 ~ Work-in-progress, 4" Spindle, 2" Shackle, 2" AAL, Bilstein 4600's, 7/8" Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, 33x10.5r15, Torque Monster Headers, M5R2 5 Speed, ARE Bed Cap
1987 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0 V8 ~ "Heavy" Hauler, 2" AAL, Stock otherwise
2006 Honda Civic LX 1.6 Totaled
2011 Acura TSX 2.4 ~Daily Driver
  #14547  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Ravage Ravage is offline
ride or die.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogenitz69 View Post

You have the 4.0? Or 4 cylinder? Bc there is no way in hell the 4.0 is getting over 22
I got 25mpg highway in my 04 4.0L when it was stock.
__________________
_________________________

'04 Fx4 4.0 Custom.
too damn much to list.
_________________________
  #14548  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
KMuck KMuck is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 656
Default

Guys, maybe he has a tornado hahahaha
__________________
2008 3.slow auto rwd sport
CAI + Superchips tune
  #14549  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:06 PM
motts27 motts27 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 417
Default

Nope my trucks all stock
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger reg cab 4x4 add-a-leaf 32'' hankook dynapro or 265/75/15 winterforce for winter 3.0 FFV 5 speed, throttle cable mod, torsion bar cranked, tint.
  #14550  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
KMuck KMuck is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motts27 View Post
Nope my trucks all stock
That... was a joke...
__________________
2008 3.slow auto rwd sport
CAI + Superchips tune
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread Dcrymes99ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 3824 03-14-2017 11:59 AM
Saw a lifted ranger today Ranger01 General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 02-22-2011 08:13 PM
Do work!! Ranger pics from today... 01_ranger_4x4 Vehicle Snapshots 11 03-28-2010 08:22 PM
Some random ranger shots i took today surfer03133 Vehicle Snapshots 8 01-12-2010 03:06 AM
Took Ranger fishing today dixie_boysles Vehicle Snapshots 14 10-16-2009 02:06 PM