Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #15031  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
chrisw144 chrisw144 is offline
DANGER RANGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post

Gtfo
Lol thats alk it is look at it. Its just a fancy mustang there was no point in the arguing. Its a upgraded mustang with a saleen name.
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT.
1987 Ford Ranger XLT.
  #15032  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:08 PM
SuperGinger SuperGinger is offline
SoullessTroll
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw144 View Post

Totally its a mustang with saleen up grades oh no its a mustang if ford didnt approve it they wouldnt have it so it still a mustang alot of agruing over nothing really
I don't really understand why this turned into such a big deal... I said that I drove my friends SALEEN (not mustang dammit) S281 Extreme around today, and you tore it up with your misinformed "facts". His insurance says "Saleen S281E, Orange, Conv." So, it's not a mustang. And if you would like to be shown that, please by all means, drive one! It's not even close. A little on the inside. A little on the outside. But not performance. Not feel. Not make. Not model. Not power. Not speed. Not even in theory could these two vehicles be comparable. So, please. Let. It. Go. I drove a Saleen. Not a mustang. If I drove a tricked out mustang, I would have said so. But I didn't. I drove a SALEEN. Same body? Technically. Same car? No. So please, just let it go.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
__________________
1998 Ranger XLT
"Clifford The Big Dead Dog"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
"The Ginger That Cried Breanna"
  #15033  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Sd_Ranger Sd_Ranger is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

Put 06 mirrors on my 03
  #15034  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 PM
SuperGinger SuperGinger is offline
SoullessTroll
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 271
Default

2007 Ford Mustang GT



2007 Saleen S281 Extreme

They may look similar. But they are not the same vehicle.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2640596544.jpg (53.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg image-90344547.jpg (47.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg image-3486475349.jpg (37.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image-2093227676.jpg (22.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg image-3180941566.jpg (86.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image-2839048041.jpg (75.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg image-2810823756.jpg (22.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg image-1745982493.jpg (31.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image-3282216289.jpg (56.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image-950187458.jpg (28.0 KB, 29 views)
__________________
1998 Ranger XLT
"Clifford The Big Dead Dog"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
"The Ginger That Cried Breanna"
  #15035  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
chrisw144 chrisw144 is offline
DANGER RANGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGinger View Post

I don't really understand why this turned into such a big deal... I said that I drove my friends SALEEN (not mustang dammit) S281 Extreme around today, and you tore it up with your misinformed "facts". His insurance says "Saleen S281E, Orange, Conv." So, it's not a mustang. And if you would like to be shown that, please by all means, drive one! It's not even close. A little on the inside. A little on the outside. But not performance. Not feel. Not make. Not model. Not power. Not speed. Not even in theory could these two vehicles be comparable. So, please. Let. It. Go. I drove a Saleen. Not a mustang. If I drove a tricked out mustang, I would have said so. But I didn't. I drove a SALEEN. Same body? Technically. Same car? No. So please, just let it go.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
I know its not a big deal but honestly read theses pictures if there big enough and I could care less if anyone whats to call it a mustang or a saleen its what they want to call it and lef them feel good about it. I guess in all its what you think in your own mind wrong.or right. In the picture it says its a saleen make and saleen brad of (mustang) its saleens mustang but it is by saleen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130408_001734.jpg (13.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130408_001743.jpg (13.2 KB, 26 views)
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT.
1987 Ford Ranger XLT.
  #15036  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
SuperGinger SuperGinger is offline
SoullessTroll
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw144 View Post

I know its not a big deal but honestly read theses pictures if there big enough and I could care less if anyone whats to call it a mustang or a saleen its what they want to call it and lef them feel good about it. I guess in all its what you think in your own mind wrong.or right. In the picture it says its a saleen make and saleen brad of (mustang) its saleens mustang but it is by saleen.
Thank you.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
__________________
1998 Ranger XLT
"Clifford The Big Dead Dog"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
"The Ginger That Cried Breanna"
  #15037  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
chrisw144 chrisw144 is offline
DANGER RANGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGinger View Post

Thank you.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
So I hope thay settles the whole saleen or mustang thing.
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT.
1987 Ford Ranger XLT.
  #15038  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:45 PM
LilRanger93 LilRanger93 is offline
Go ahead, make my day
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,841
Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

Cussed at it since I went to start it and nothing. 7 year old battery finally died .
__________________
93 Ranger XL 3.0 V6
-Tint, wheels, K&N filter, Flowmaster super 44.
04 Mustang GT Vert.
-Tons of mods, supercharged 392/393
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateranger View Post
If want real power you need to Plasti-Dip the entire engine including the valves and bearings, that's good for up to 150 horsepower.
  #15039  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:53 PM
italian88 italian88 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 365
Default

Has 17 parts in need of repair and the cost of those parrs is 300 to 350 dollars (o'reillys housebrands). So im pretty depressed.

Sent from my old school HTC EVO Shift so I can screw off at work whenever I want
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 off road package, Step side bed, Extended cab, 3.0L vulcan v6, 4.10 open gears, Kicker ks-98's in all four stock speaker slots, After market jvc head unit, JL Audio single 12'' W3 sub eoofer in ported box, JX-500/1 class D amp, Memphis 8AWG wiring with inline fuse, Spectre cold air intake, 4 spd with o/d auto transmission
  #15040  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italian88
Has 17 parts in need of repair and the cost of those parrs is 300 to 350 dollars (o'reillys housebrands). So im pretty depressed.

Sent from my old school HTC EVO Shift so I can screw off at work whenever I want
Thats not bad at all. lol. Wanna know how much Ive put into my truck since I bought it less than a year ago?
  #15041  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
SuperGinger SuperGinger is offline
SoullessTroll
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

Thats not bad at all. lol. Wanna know how much Ive put into my truck since I bought it less than a year ago?
I bet I got you beat I've had mine for 6 months.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
__________________
1998 Ranger XLT
"Clifford The Big Dead Dog"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
"The Ginger That Cried Breanna"
  #15042  
Old 04-07-2013, 11:44 PM
SuperGinger SuperGinger is offline
SoullessTroll
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 271
Default

Within 6 months, I have put $3000 into my ranger on just keeping it running.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
__________________
1998 Ranger XLT
"Clifford The Big Dead Dog"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
"The Ginger That Cried Breanna"
  #15043  
Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 PM
RagerTom RagerTom is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,177
Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

hes got you beat
__________________
Not a F150 sellout? Click HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
adamantium tamponicus!
  #15044  
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGinger
Within 6 months, I have put $3000 into my ranger on just keeping it running.

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
$12k. A little over $6k if you dont include the original purchase price. Im so bass ackwards on that truck that its not even funny. lol.

Im also having engine #3 put into it right now. So yeah, you could be a lot worse off.

Oh, and did I mention the first engine blew less than 2k miles after I bought it?
  #15045  
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 AM
SuperGinger SuperGinger is offline
SoullessTroll
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

$12k. A little over $6k if you dont include the original purchase price. Im so bass ackwards on that truck that its not even funny. lol.

Im also having engine #3 put into it right now. So yeah, you could be a lot worse off.

Oh, and did I mention the first engine blew less than 2k miles after I bought it?
Damn. That's intense. Hahaha. All mine happened at one time. Hahaha. That's the only reason it seems overwhelming to me. Hahaha. But DAMN. 12K in a year?

1998 Ranger XLT 4X4 3.0L V6 (Straight Pipes) Plans for lift, custom bumper, new suspension, engine swap, fog lights, bed bars, larger tires, new wheels, CAI, and detailing work.
__________________
1998 Ranger XLT
"Clifford The Big Dead Dog"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
"The Ginger That Cried Breanna"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread Dcrymes99ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 3824 03-14-2017 11:59 AM
Saw a lifted ranger today Ranger01 General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 02-22-2011 08:13 PM
Do work!! Ranger pics from today... 01_ranger_4x4 Vehicle Snapshots 11 03-28-2010 08:22 PM
Some random ranger shots i took today surfer03133 Vehicle Snapshots 8 01-12-2010 03:06 AM
Took Ranger fishing today dixie_boysles Vehicle Snapshots 14 10-16-2009 02:06 PM