Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Alon Alon is offline
2AM Fabrication
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to Alon
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
not to mention your life is in danger when you roll...
Maybe you should do a cage before you put your Mid travel on?
__________________
}---------> 2:AM Website <----------> 2:AM Facebook<---------{
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

that's not the point i was getting at. sure, your cab crushes when you roll. but first and foremost your life/passenger's life are in danger. maybe you should go back and tell mexi mike to cage his sport trac?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
LTRANGER LTRANGER is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
Maybe you should do a cage before you put your Mid travel on?
Well this truck already has a longtravel kit on it. Just don't have c/o's yet. Im going to buy another truck with a nice l/t kit front and rear and cage it front to back and eventually do a link set up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;D
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
LTRANGER LTRANGER is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 227
Default

Thanks for the input guys ima go ahead and cage it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;D
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Alon Alon is offline
2AM Fabrication
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to Alon
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
that's not the point i was getting at. sure, your cab crushes when you roll. but first and foremost your life/passenger's life are in danger. maybe you should go back and tell mexi mike to cage his sport trac?
Your point was that if he wants to add more lights, specifically at roof height, he should cage his truck because his life and his passengers life is in danger......

You're right that bumper lights should be enough, but if he wants roof lights, then that is a good way to do it. Also, having the hoop in the bed will only help him if there is a rollover.
__________________
}---------> 2:AM Website <----------> 2:AM Facebook<---------{
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
Your point was that if he wants to add more lights, specifically at roof height, he should cage his truck because his life and his passengers life is in danger......

You're right that bumper lights should be enough, but if he wants roof lights, then that is a good way to do it. Also, having the hoop in the bed will only help him if there is a rollover.
whatever alon. i don't want to get into some fickle argument with you again and have you harass me on facebook chat until i get tired of it and agree with you.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
LTRANGER LTRANGER is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
whatever alon. i don't want to get into some fickle argument with you again and have you harass me on facebook chat until i get tired of it and agree with you.
Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;D
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

always making friends.
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Alon Alon is offline
2AM Fabrication
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to Alon
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
whatever alon. i don't want to get into some fickle argument with you again and have you harass me on facebook chat until i get tired of it and agree with you.
I'm just tired of you giving people advice and information on things that you think you know about because you've read it on DR, and its not just me that thinks that... I'm just the only one that will say it.

Dude wants a light bar, and you tell him its unsafe and he needs a cage.
__________________
}---------> 2:AM Website <----------> 2:AM Facebook<---------{
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Clutch Clutch is offline
Liberty Or Death
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 367
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
Dude wants a light bar, and you tell him its unsafe and he needs a cage.
I think he made a very valid point. Is this setup built, so that you can run at faster speeds and not out run the lights? I would say yes. Is it the end of the world to run it without a cage? No. But in the end this setup can very easily get him into trouble if he starts creeping the speed up little by little because he is no longer having a lighting problem. I would wait a little and do a cage. He's not building a TT, the cage doest have to be bumper to bumper. a simple 4 or 6 point cage with proper bracing would be great. Plus if the truck gets more involved later you just add on to it.

It seems like people are more concerned with looking like a "prerunner" then actually building a functional one.
__________________
RR

Last edited by Clutch; 04-27-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Alon Alon is offline
2AM Fabrication
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 809
Send a message via AIM to Alon
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
I think he made a very valid point. Is this setup built, so that you can run at faster speeds and not out run the lights? I would say yes. Is it the end of the world to run it without a cage? No. But in the end this setup can very easily get him into trouble if he starts creeping the speed up little by little because he is no longer having a lighting problem. I would wait a little and do a cage. He's not building a TT, the cage doest have to be bumper to bumper. a simple 4 or 6 point cage with proper bracing would be great. Plus if the truck gets more involved later you just add on to it.

It seems like people are more concerned with looking like a "prerunner" then actually building a functional one.
He can go as fast as he wants during the day because there is plenty of light. Having more light at night wont make you go any faster, it just lets you see where you are going. Having more light is always safer, to tell someone to do a full cab cage before adding lights is ridiculous.
__________________
}---------> 2:AM Website <----------> 2:AM Facebook<---------{
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:34 PM
LTRANGER LTRANGER is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 227
Default

Light bar,it's almost ready. Gotta do a few things to it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303947231.718905.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;D
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 AM
LTRANGER LTRANGER is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 227
Default

Not sure about this design...
I might just build this one,what do you guys think?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305702489.856046.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk;D
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Rg1Baja Rg1Baja is offline
DirtFreeks Mtrspts #7299
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 180
Default Re: Bed cage and light rack design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
It seems like people are more concerned with looking like a "prerunner" then actually building a functional one.
Very valid point.
__________________
DirtFreeks Motorsports
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
LTRANGER LTRANGER is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 227
Default

Didn't know people are still viewing this but I'm still doing the hoop in the back and going into the cab and making a mild roll cage(probably just b pillar and c pillar) .. It's not a race truck just my daily driver/weekend toy so I don't need a full race cage. My appointment is in 3 weeks to start it.


Tom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tonneau cover bed rails and headache rack vs. camper shell 07rangerxl Exterior Tech 7 09-21-2011 04:43 PM
Interior Roll Cage Design Gumcrew2 Fabrication and Tool Tech 26 04-25-2011 07:25 AM
Removable over-cab light rack...? GGlighting General Ford Ranger Discussion 20 03-09-2011 03:56 AM
Bed cage? Light bar? Krogoth Exterior Tech 0 05-09-2010 12:38 AM
For Sale: Bed-Mounted Bike Rack - CA Plannerman99 Exterior Parts 0 01-25-2010 12:41 AM