Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #46  
Old 07-02-2011, 07:44 AM
rich93ds rich93ds is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 27
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

I got a FX projector set up (DDM 55w) I got half way through the project and lost interest with it... but ill finish it someday. and now that I got 4 KC slimlights, I don't see me getting in to it anytime soon.







__________________
2002 XLT 4x4 4.0L 5-Speed - Sniper Tune, Full Exhaust, Air Box Mod, Fog Light Mod, 15% and 5% Window Tint, Spray In Bed Liner, T-Bars Cranked, 265/75/R16 DuraTrac's Balanced with Dyna Beads, M/T Classic II Black Rims, KC SlimLights, Light Tabs/Bar, Powertrax No-Slip Locker
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-02-2011, 08:41 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich93ds View Post
I got a FX projector set up (DDM 55w) I got half way through the project and lost interest with it... but ill finish it someday. and now that I got 4 KC slimlights, I don't see me getting in to it anytime soon.







Man that puts out alot of light. Here in a few minutes, I'll be leaving to go to a local car show.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-02-2011, 09:27 AM
rich93ds rich93ds is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 27
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

They are bixenon and thats just the low beam...
__________________
2002 XLT 4x4 4.0L 5-Speed - Sniper Tune, Full Exhaust, Air Box Mod, Fog Light Mod, 15% and 5% Window Tint, Spray In Bed Liner, T-Bars Cranked, 265/75/R16 DuraTrac's Balanced with Dyna Beads, M/T Classic II Black Rims, KC SlimLights, Light Tabs/Bar, Powertrax No-Slip Locker
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

been working off and on today, a lot of dremel work to get them to fit. painted satin black

__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-02-2011, 10:29 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default

Little mock up teaser



Edit: posted the wrong pic first lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1309670853225.jpg (80.3 KB, 61 views)
__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!

Last edited by doyouquaxu; 07-02-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich93ds View Post
They are bixenon and thats just the low beam...
Whew. Now that is sick if that's just low beams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
been working off and on today, a lot of dremel work to get them to fit. painted satin black

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
Little mock up teaser



Edit: posted the wrong pic first lol
Nice job man. I can now see why you've been working on and off now, L.O.L. That liquor bottle slows you down a bit doesn't it, L.O.L.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich93ds View Post
They are bixenon and thats just the low beam...
Whew. Now that is sick if that's just low beams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
been working off and on today, a lot of dremel work to get them to fit. painted satin black

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
Little mock up teaser



Edit: posted the wrong pic first lol
Nice job man. I can now see why you've been working on and off now, L.O.L. That liquor bottle slows you down a bit doesn't it, L.O.L.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

well, i had to cut about 1/8" off the back of the shrouds to get them to fit on the projectors and not hit the stock headlight buckets. also to get the wires for the high beam out of the headlight, i cut off the back side of that little rectangle that the bulb cap cover chingaderas mount in, then filled it with clear silicon. i had to ditch the LEDs after cutting the shroud.



i spent 2 hours tonight aiming them, now all i need to do is put the lenses back on and hook up my wiring harness for the high beams
__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:37 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

those look sooo fuckkin good bro. cant wait to see em on the truck.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

i was going to get some pics installed and of the cutoff, but i managed to remove one of the clips holding them in and sliced my finger open pretty bad. zip tie tourniquet ftmfw
__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:41 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

ouch..
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
well, i had to cut about 1/8" off the back of the shrouds to get them to fit on the projectors and not hit the stock headlight buckets. also to get the wires for the high beam out of the headlight, i cut off the back side of that little rectangle that the bulb cap cover chingaderas mount in, then filled it with clear silicon. i had to ditch the LEDs after cutting the shroud.



i spent 2 hours tonight aiming them, now all i need to do is put the lenses back on and hook up my wiring harness for the high beams
Nice man very nice indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
those look sooo fuckkin good bro. cant wait to see em on the truck.
X2. This is a killer project to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
i was going to get some pics installed and of the cutoff, but i managed to remove one of the clips holding them in and sliced my finger open pretty bad. zip tie tourniquet ftmfw
You poor man. That's the only drawback to working on cars and trucks, busted knuckles, cuts and alot of bruises and blisters.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

overall, i'm pleased with how they look and the quality of the projectors doesn't seem too bad. they're no FX projectors, but are better than the ebay ones my friend just put in his ranger. kind of bummed that the halos didn't work, but i'm only out like $10 on those so it isn't too bad
__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
SpitfireEMT SpitfireEMT is offline
Muddy, as usual
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 386
Send a message via MSN to SpitfireEMT
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

Those look really sweet. What's your total investment in these up to?
__________________
2000 XLT 4x4, 4dr ext cab, 4.0L OHV, 4.10 LSD
265/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
Mountaineer seats, Expo OHC
2003 EDGE front clip conversion
133rwhp/192rwtq-->6-28-11

1969 Mercury Cougar
351W, FMX, 3:1 open diff in a Ford 9"
Undergoing restoration
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 AM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default Re: I didn't just bite the projector bullet, I caught it with my TEETH

From Ebay:
Headlights: $29.33 shipped
LED Halos: $8.99 shipped

From TRS:
Bi-Xenon High Beam Harness: $35 shipped
D2S Morimoto Mini kit (projectors, shrouds, bulbs, d2s plug adaptors): 187.92 shipped (didn't see the free shipping code they had)

Total: 261.24.
__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally Bit the Projector Bullet btm757 Exterior Tech 93 09-23-2012 10:51 PM
I too finally bit the Projector Bullet DrIftKi7Vg Exterior Tech 62 06-28-2011 12:24 PM
New Pics & Pitbulls Have Bite camodown Vehicle Snapshots 12 11-13-2010 03:48 PM
Caught my dad with my gf... wtf do i do? So messed up... caught red-handed. Superlifted06FX4 Laugh Factory 54 09-27-2010 09:13 AM
3.0 93 distroying teeth on disubitor gear kelsyhays 3.0 Vulcan Tech 0 08-30-2010 06:53 AM