Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #91  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM
4x4ranger99 4x4ranger99 is offline
FRF <3
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Demon
Haha I feel like this is going to get confusing. But getting another persons' perspective would be great!

I have a 95. About 4 years ago I decided to do a front swap to a 98, which I know requires 98 fenders, hood, core support, header panel and bumper. So that's what it would take to get it to a 98. Here's what I am curious about and why. the 98 to 00 is my FAVORITE headlight assembly. It's bigger and just meaner looking to me. that said I think I like the grill and bumper from the 04-newer. Now from what I can tell, and I could be wrong, the only difference between header panels is on the newer panel there is a strip underneath the lights (which on the 98s are hazard lights or something). So in theory can I just keep the 98 lights, header panel and install an 04 grille and bumper. Or would this require a ton of fabrication. I know it's probably never been done that way but I figure someone who has done these conversions has better insight.
I put an '07 grille on my '99 by just cutting it away a little on the back and at the hood latch. but of you really want to make it look like an '07 you'll need a different hood and everything. Hope this helps.
__________________
White '99 Ranger 4x4, 3.0, 5 spd. Torsion bar lift, 32x11.50 BFG All Terrains on Ion Alloy 15x8 rims, Custom Magnaflow turnout exhaust, K&N drop-in air filter, Cobra Super 19 mini CB, Sony Audio system and custom white dash trim, Air horns, throttle cable mod, airbox mod, manual hubs mod, 200k miles & PAID FOR
Rangers > Jeeps!
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Ranger_Pat Ranger_Pat is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 83
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

I honestly like my '00 front end except for my bumper.. its just not as nice as the newer version.. I know that the '03 bumper and valance is just interchangeable, but does that go for the 04+ bumper as well? I mean if i kept everything else the same..

Thanks

Edit: OK so as I am doing reading here I think I have came to the conclusion that ALL 98+ bumpers are the same.. So I could swap any newer bumper to my 2000 with no issues.. correct?

Nevermind.. found my answer..

Yes all 98+ Front bumpers are interchangeable. This makes me happy..
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 2WD

Last edited by Ranger_Pat; 08-03-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 AM
4x4ranger99 4x4ranger99 is offline
FRF <3
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 506
Default

Ya tha ranger chassis hasn't changed since 98 they found a solid one and stuck with it... Too had ford didn't do that with the 7.3 power stroke. They'll bring it back you'll see
__________________
White '99 Ranger 4x4, 3.0, 5 spd. Torsion bar lift, 32x11.50 BFG All Terrains on Ion Alloy 15x8 rims, Custom Magnaflow turnout exhaust, K&N drop-in air filter, Cobra Super 19 mini CB, Sony Audio system and custom white dash trim, Air horns, throttle cable mod, airbox mod, manual hubs mod, 200k miles & PAID FOR
Rangers > Jeeps!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 AM
blasterdemon7 blasterdemon7 is offline
Buy a Ford
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 196
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

Any info on doing this to a 93??????
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
drppdyllwrngr drppdyllwrngr is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,122
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasterdemon7 View Post
Any info on doing this to a 93??????

use the search feature. i just went to the exterior tech page, searched for "front swap" and found 7 pages of threads dealing with front swaps.
__________________
Krylon Fusion is for Amateurs.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 PM
nickyycleaver nickyycleaver is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

okay, i have a few questions and yes, i have tried searching. I'm trying to get down to the very last detail. I have ordered headlights and corners. I'm going from a 98, to a 06-07 front end with the bumper. I need to know exactly what i need down to every last bolt and bracket. This is my daily driver and i have no other means of transportation other than my feet lol so i need to get every thing and get it done in one shot.

i found this kit on ebay. along with ordering this and the valance, what else do i need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-FORD-R...t_30140wt_1100

If anyone can help me, it will be GREATLY appreciated. I've been trying to figure all of it out on my own but I can't get too far. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Jazz921 Jazz921 is offline
Gears
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyycleaver View Post
okay, i have a few questions and yes, i have tried searching. I'm trying to get down to the very last detail. I have ordered headlights and corners. I'm going from a 98, to a 06-07 front end with the bumper. I need to know exactly what i need down to every last bolt and bracket. This is my daily driver and i have no other means of transportation other than my feet lol so i need to get every thing and get it done in one shot.

i found this kit on ebay. along with ordering this and the valance, what else do i need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-FORD-R...t_30140wt_1100

If anyone can help me, it will be GREATLY appreciated. I've been trying to figure all of it out on my own but I can't get too far. Thanks!

I just did the 01 to 04 conversion on my truck and there are a lot of little peices you wont have. I actually purchased a whole front clip off of a 2004. The salvage yard cut the truck in half at the A pillars and through the floor so I got everything from the dash forward. Its a good thing cause the horn bracket, hood latch, trim over the headlights and behind the grill trim was all different. Having that clip made it easy. I had the powerdome hood and found during the process that the drivers side hood hinge was also different. ANother thing that made this a great way to go is I was able to sell the fenders, airbags and other parts from the clip that I didnt need and made the money back from what the clip cost in the first place. I have a full set of headlights with side markers and a grill if your interested.

Last edited by Jazz921; 09-20-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
nickyycleaver nickyycleaver is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz921 View Post
I just did the 01 to 04 conversion on my truck and there are a lot of little peices you wont have. I actually purchased a whole front clip off of a 2004. The salvage yard cut the truck in half at the A pillars and through the floor so I got everything from the dash forward. Its a good thing cause the horn bracket, hood latch, trim over the headlights and behind the grill trim was all different. Having that clip made it easy. I had the powerdome hood and found during the process that the drivers side hood hinge was also different. ANother thing that made this a great way to go is I was able to sell the fenders, airbags and other parts from the clip that I didnt need and made the money back from what the clip cost in the first place. I have a full set of headlights with side markers and a grill if your interested.
you wouldn't happen to have any of the fog light wiring harness, would you?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-04-2012, 04:47 PM
survive1990 survive1990 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to survive1990
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

will the 2001 bumper work with the 2004-2010 grills?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 AM
nickyycleaver nickyycleaver is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

its finished!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-29_12-55-04_20.jpg (89.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-09-30_16-06-24_124.jpg (95.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-09-30_16-06-09_829.jpg (96.5 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by nickyycleaver; 10-05-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Ranger_Pat Ranger_Pat is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyycleaver
its finished!
Maybe a closer pic of the front? Kinda hard to see the new set up
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 2WD
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 PM
nickyycleaver nickyycleaver is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: Front End Swap guide 1998-2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Pat View Post
Maybe a closer pic of the front? Kinda hard to see the new set up
once I get it finished up here ill get some better pictures!
__________________
1999 XLT 4.0 3" BL, 33's, Soft 8's, 06 Front Clip
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 PM
shizzle8787 shizzle8787 is offline
2 red rangers!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyycleaver

once I get it finished up here ill get some better pictures!
It looks good man, now I want to do it again lol. I was in the process but can't find the parts in my price range.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger EXT Cab 3.0 4x4|Toreador Red|Fog lights in grill|K&N Drop In Filter|Throttle Body Spacer|2.5 Inch Dynomax Turbo SS Exhaust Cat-Back|Pro Comp 15x8 Rims|31x10.5 Pro Comp Tires|Clear Black Tails|Clear Front Signals|OHC Install|Explorer Center Console|Bucket Seats|

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4 Banger 5 Speed|Full Tune Up|2/3 IN Drop|Front And Rear Light Tint|Konig Tremor 17X8 Rims|Thrush Turbo Muffler|DJM Calmax Shocks|Coil Pack Mod|03 Front End Conversion|8000k Hids
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Ranger_Pat Ranger_Pat is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyycleaver

once I get it finished up here ill get some better pictures!
Cool.. yeah it looks nice.. did you have to do alot of modifications for it to work?
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 2WD
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 AM
The Twanksta The Twanksta is offline
DSG STX MEMBER #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Scribed. Plan on doing the 03 edge swap on my 06 sometime.

Sent from my computer phone.
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger STX "Street" Build <--View Build Thread
--------------------------------------------------
TRUCK IS NOW FOR SALE!
For Sale: 2006 Ford Ranger STX (Prestine!) <-- Click To View Sale Thread
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
01-03 front end swap...done 99offroadrngr Exterior Tech 45 02-11-2011 06:49 AM
2000 xlt 4x4 front-end squeak... jkenenski Drivetrain Tech 3 12-10-2010 11:00 PM
Upgrade 2000 Front End DHowesGrnXLT4x4 Exterior Tech 7 07-06-2010 08:51 PM
Front end swap Bigblackstang Exterior Tech 13 06-11-2010 07:15 PM
Front end swap? cwc ranger Exterior Tech 2 02-10-2010 09:04 AM