Discussion Thread How To Aim Your Headlights 2001-2011
This is for 2001-2009 trucks
1. Park your vehicle on a level surface 25 feet away from a vertical plain surface
Check your headlamp alignment at night or in a dark area so that you can see the headlamp beam pattern.
• (1) Eight feet
• (2) Center height of lamp to ground
• (3) Twenty-five feet
• (4) Horizontal reference line
2. The center of the headlamp has a 3.0 mm circle on the lens. Measure the height from the center of your headlamp to the ground (2) and mark 8 foot long horizontal line on the plain surface (1) at this
height (masking tape works well).
3. Turn on the low beam headlamps. The brightest part of the light should be below the horizontal line (4). If it is above the line the headlamp will need to be adjusted.
4. Open the hood.
5. Locate the vertical adjuster for each headlamp. Adjust the aim by turning the adjuster control either clockwise (to adjust down) or counterclockwise (to adjust up). Note: Use a 4 mm socket or box wrench to turn the vertical adjuster control.
6. Horizontal aiming is not required for this vehicle and is non-adjustable