Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
I know that Diameter will affect riceyness, but I guess the longer the GPack is, the more deep it sounds? Does the lenght affect volume as well?
The length is where most people make mistakes. That is what affects the glass pack. Oh, before I forget I just shot a few videos. They're uploading as we speak on youtube. I wish it didn't take forever. From engine start up, some local cruising and some interstate at higher rpms. You'll here the glass pack from inside the cab as well as outside of the cab at engine start up.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
The length is where most people make mistakes. That is what affects the glass pack. Oh, before I forget I just shot a few videos. They're uploading as we speak on youtube. I wish it didn't take forever. From engine start up, some local cruising and some interstate at higher rpms. You'll here the glass pack from inside the cab as well as outside of the cab at engine start up.
So that means the longer it is the deeper? thx for the vids, I could only watch them tomorrow since I am at work right now
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
So that means the longer it is the deeper? thx for the vids, I could only watch them tomorrow since I am at work right now
Yep, pretty much. the videos will be posted as soon as they're uploaded. When you get home you'll be able to watch them.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:47 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default As requested exhaust video clips...

As requested I uploaded some videos of my cherry bomb glass pack exhaust system. For those wondering, after engine start up I decided to go a little higher on the revs for this video:



__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 05-05-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: As requested exhaust video clips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
As requested I uploaded some videos of my cherry bomb glass pack exhaust system. For those wondering, after engine start up I decided to go a little higher on the revs for this video:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzkBITain7E
Thanks dude, I look forward to hearing it . Since you have the 3L it will sound different then my 4L, in your opinion would it only add more rumble and depth if I add the same length as you?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: As requested exhaust video clips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
Thanks dude, I look forward to hearing it . Since you have the 3L it will sound different then my 4L, in your opinion would it only add more rumble and depth if I add the same length as you?
Yes it will add more rumble to your exhaust system. here is another video for you guys. It's number 2 of 3 video clips I uploaded:

__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Here's the final video clip that was uploaded which includes some interstate driving at higher rpms. In the begining of this video I mentioned an old trick that didn't quite follow up on. Basicly for those who do want the glass pack to sound extreme, after they burn out reverse the glass pack and install directly off the header with no tips or anything. I did that once and ended up going to the hospital and getting my ears flushed due to extra wax build up and blood loss from my extreme exhaust:



That's if your glass pack burns out. If you pick the right one depending on the size of the engine it will never burn out, except on a V8.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Here's the final video clip that was uploaded which includes some interstate driving at higher rpms. In the begining of this video I mentioned an old trick that didn't quite follow up on. Basicly for those who do want the glass pack to sound extreme, after they burn out reverse the glass pack and install directly off the header with no tips or anything. I did that once and ended up going to the hospital and getting my ears flushed due to extra wax build up and blood loss from my extreme exhaust:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65TuJUIVWGs

That's if your glass pack burns out. If you pick the right one depending on the size of the engine it will never burn out, except on a V8.
lol thats a lot of wax
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-05-2011, 05:19 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
lol thats a lot of wax
yeah it was. It was painfull too. It didn't take me long to get rid of that set up. Has anybody watch those videos I posted yet?
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
yeah it was. It was painfull too. It didn't take me long to get rid of that set up. Has anybody watch those videos I posted yet?
I wish I could... perhaps you could post it here as well:

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exhau...eo-thread.html
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:12 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
I wish I could... perhaps you could post it here as well:

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exhau...eo-thread.html
I did post in there for ya, just a couple of minutes ago.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
terryduanemiller terryduanemiller is offline
www.shanewootenband.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,896
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

pros- cheap
cons-sounds like shit
__________________
MY BUILD THREAD
1999 MAZDA 2500SE, 2.5L 4-clanger, 5 speed, Green n slow. Rangers as daily drivers since 1988.
ASE Certified Mechanic, Builder of Show Destroying Protouring and Classic cars..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

thanks dude, I am at work all night so I will watch it tomorrow and give you my input . I look fwd to it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryduanemiller View Post
pros- cheap
cons-sounds like shit
personal experience? what type of GP where you running?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
thanks dude, I am at work all night so I will watch it tomorrow and give you my input . I look fwd to it.

----------


personal experience? what type of GP where you running?
He probably didn't pick the right one like I did. I hope you enjoy the videos I posted. And I hope the info I gave helped out.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:34 PM
HazardousRanger HazardousRanger is offline
Hazardous to Your Health!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,995
Default Re: Glasspack pros and cons?

okay so..is a glass pack literally made of glass or...
__________________
Ford Ranger Edge Supercab, 2004 3.0 Auto, 2WD, 4.10 Axle 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's


My Truck Is My Mountain Bike's Ride!

Class III hitch, Rhino Bedliner, Almost Maxed T-Bar Crank, Tuff Country Add A Leaf, Custom Low Anchor Points, OEM ('99) Tow Hooks, Pro Comp Offroad Lights , Mustang Dome Light, Clear Corners, Slim Toolbox, Blinker Mod,Cargo Brake Light Mod,Expo Lighted Visors, Ultra Silverstar heads/fogs, Fog/high mod, Reverse/switched lights, Bike Fork Mounts
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aluminum driveshaft pros and cons Ranger01 Drivetrain Tech 40 11-15-2014 05:33 AM
Pros and Cons of moving tailpipe Codeman Exhaust and Mufflers 9 02-02-2011 10:38 PM
SAS Pros and Cons beef08 Solid Axle Swap 12 01-05-2011 01:20 AM
glasspack? scarbucket Exhaust and Mufflers 21 12-29-2010 11:13 AM
Pros and Cons of removing cats and muffler tcmills3 Exhaust and Mufflers 29 03-08-2010 11:02 PM