Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 AM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

They all sound the same with the horrible exhaust ford has on stock.
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post
They all sound the same with the horrible exhaust ford has on stock.
Imo, the best stock exhaust sounds are from Dodge lol, But I will not buy a Dakota just for the Exhaust, the Ranger has too many other plus that its worth spending the 200 bucks on an aftermarket muffler
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

I got my flowmaster for 45 bucks.
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post
I got my flowmaster for 45 bucks.
Sweet Deal dude, know anyone willing to part out a 50 series for that price too?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 AM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

I can check craigslist, but shipping will kill you :P
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post
I can check craigslist, but shipping will kill you :P
Its probably better to just buy it new so i can enjoy the full warranty plus shipping is deadly
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:42 AM
matt224 matt224 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 591
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Don't expect any hp gains with an exhaust, and especially a slowmaster. Don't worry about how loud it is because it will still be pretty darn quiet as you still have stock manifolds and cats. Highway drone will be minimal with just about any exhaustl hell my Ranger has 4.10 gears and does 60 mph at 2k RPMs and it doesn't drone at all with my exhaust.
__________________
2006 Fx4 Level 2 with a 5spd, Superlifted on 33's.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt224 View Post
Don't expect any hp gains with an exhaust, and especially a slowmaster. Don't worry about how loud it is because it will still be pretty darn quiet as you still have stock manifolds and cats. Highway drone will be minimal with just about any exhaustl hell my Ranger has 4.10 gears and does 60 mph at 2k RPMs and it doesn't drone at all with my exhaust.
I am not doing it for HP gains or any other debatable myths . just want it for the sound. So since my exhaust is stock (cats, etc) would the 40 be tamer? to the point of bearable at highway speeds?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:47 PM
matt224 matt224 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 591
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

I think you should be fine with just about any muffler. You have 3.55 gearing, so you should be pretty low in the RPM's on the highway which will help. My truck is geared high so I pull higher RPM's at speed and I havent had drone issues with my aftermarket muffler. You might get some drone if you run with a resonator or bullet muffler, but even then it can be minimal.
__________________
2006 Fx4 Level 2 with a 5spd, Superlifted on 33's.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt224 View Post
I think you should be fine with just about any muffler. You have 3.55 gearing, so you should be pretty low in the RPM's on the highway which will help. My truck is geared high so I pull higher RPM's at speed and I havent had drone issues with my aftermarket muffler. You might get some drone if you run with a resonator or bullet muffler, but even then it can be minimal.
Thanks for the heads up. I am running at 2,250 RPM at 60 MPH and 2,600 RPM at 70 MPH.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
matt224 matt224 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 591
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

2200 at 60? hmm, Ill have to go back and check mine but I thought you might doing 2000 at 65 or 70 as I thought I was doing about 60 at 2000 with 4.10 gears; but I might be just remembering mine wrong.

----------

either way, I dont think drone will be much of an issue with a Flowmaster
__________________
2006 Fx4 Level 2 with a 5spd, Superlifted on 33's.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt224 View Post
2200 at 60? hmm, Ill have to go back and check mine but I thought you might doing 2000 at 65 or 70 as I thought I was doing about 60 at 2000 with 4.10 gears; but I might be just remembering mine wrong.

----------

either way, I dont think drone will be much of an issue with a Flowmaster
Oops, my mistake lol. 2,000 at 60 Mph and 2,250 at 70 Mph, I am used to speaking in KMH so converting is kind of weird for me lol
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:17 PM
S13minus1 S13minus1 is offline
Sideways? Sideways.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,592
Send a message via AIM to S13minus1
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

you buy now! i like the sound of the 40 series, and its pretty much a standard... but, then again, i have not heard a 50 series
__________________
-Alex
'10 Ranger XL 2.3L Manual
Mods: Stereo, Tint, Weatherguard rain shields, Intake silencer removal, LED brake, turn signal, reverse, license plate, and dome lights, DDM HID's (currently removed), lowered, 17" wheels with spacers, Explorer autodim mirror with Autolamps, Magnaflow exhaust, Buggman LED 3rd Brake Light...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS View Post
awe come on alex be a man!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:19 PM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

50 series is quiet compared to 40
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Flowmaster Delta 50 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13minus1 View Post
you buy now! i like the sound of the 40 series, and its pretty much a standard... but, then again, i have not heard a 50 series
not as loud as the 40, but its got a deeper rumble at Idle. Its more subtle, sounds close that what should be factory without sounding to aftermarket and annoying. Kind of like a good Whiskey, not to strong, but enough to let you know its there. Soothing
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3.0 v6 flowmaster ddaudio24 Exhaust and Mufflers 10 03-04-2011 04:58 AM
Flowmaster 40 series question fatapia Exhaust and Mufflers 2 05-19-2010 06:45 PM
Flowmaster Question? (Offset) 05RangerEdge Exhaust and Mufflers 8 04-06-2010 06:38 PM
Flowmaster 50 ? Loki Exhaust and Mufflers 12 03-28-2010 06:39 PM
Delta Lights/Light Bars 2007BlackFX4 Exterior Tech 1 02-05-2010 09:23 AM