Written By: 02'4.04x4
Discussion Thread: How To: Jet Chip Install
Tools you'll need
7/16" deep socket
1. Disconnect Neg. battery cable. 8mm
2. Loosen 10mm bolt on harness connector(bolt is attached to it)
3. Remove 7/16" nuts from ECU retainer plate and remove it
4. Slide out ECU
5. Snip rear access plate brace points and wiggle plate to break creased points
6. Using scotchbrite pad gently and with "care" remove film from terminals. It is not necessary or advised to remove ECU cover to clean I did it to make it clear what is being done. Take note that I am using a micro screwdriver to ensure an even pressure on the tight side. Ensure that you remove the film from 3/8" of the terminals. Look for them to have some shine to them and little to no copper should show(it means you are removing too much).
7. Blow out all dust and wipe terminals with clean dry cloth
8. Install Jet Chip on terminals
9. Carefully follow this sequence backwards to re-install.
I hope this is helpful to all any feedback on this post is appreciated.