Ignition Switch Fire!
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum.
I have a question about what would cause my ignition switch to short out and catch on fire. Not the part where the key goes in but down the steering colunm where the wiring harness connects. Before I replace it all I want to try to figure out why it did this in the first place.
On the replacment note, I have a new switch but I will need a new harness since the fire melted it. All the wiring can be saved (small fire only) but I will need to cut all the wires and splice a new harness on there so it can be plugged into the new switch. Any good (and by good I mean cheap) sources for these?