Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 PM
01B3000 01B3000 is offline
Needs moar chrome....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

all rangers take 9007 bulbs.

Edit: damn, bet me by a few seconds. lol
__________________
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

The stock lights are 9007.

Edit. Way to slow...
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 PM
zx6rrdan zx6rrdan is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 537
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGlighting View Post
I even sell HID kits that have a halogen hi beam and a HID Lo beam, so you can make it your choice if you want to have halogen or HID lights on
Do you have the reverse with HID hi and halogen low? I'd be interested in the power of HID without blinding people with my low beams
__________________
2010 B4000 4x4 SE+
mods:Tinted windows,Line-X,BAK Rail Caps,rust proofing, stebel natilus air horn,ScanGauge II,hitch reciever cover, Belkin Iphone mount charger, rubbermaid floor mats, hose clamp tailgate, mud flap delete, Cargo light 3rd brake light, explorer lighted visors, mustang dome light, fog light mod, Mountaineer ohc, bosch evolution wipers, GenK51a mirror,Kenwood p680c speakers, Underhood LED's, Ranger winter rims 245/75-16 Blizzak DMV-1's, 180lbs winter bed weight
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM
GGlighting GGlighting is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rrdan View Post
Do you have the reverse with HID hi and halogen low? I'd be interested in the power of HID without blinding people with my low beams
I could make it work that way. I
Would just have to cut and re-connect the wires in the wiring harness, so to answer your question: YES I do haha
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 PM
GGlighting GGlighting is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 754
Default


No lights



(4) 9" HIDs that were halogen that now have HID conversion kits in them

Someone PLEASE tell me that halogen housings don't work
Good for HIDs. Please
Keep in mind, these lights are not
Projectors
It's these:
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 PM
FoMoCo FoMoCo is offline
RF.net ban camp founder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

and where in the city can you use these retna-burning lights? halogen housings wern't designed for HID's, and not to mention they are NOT department of transportation approved lighting. i high-beam everyone that has them, and don't know how to properly align them
__________________
2012 mustang premium v6 pony package
702 crew
XBGT:IKONIK MOPAR
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-23-2011, 11:34 PM
GGlighting GGlighting is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo View Post
and where in the city can you use these retna-burning lights? halogen housings wern't designed for HID's, and not to mention they are NOT department of transportation approved lighting. i high-beam everyone that has them, and don't know how to properly align them
Notice i called them Offroad lights? That means the 9" lights on my truck are used OFF ROAD

My headlights are pointed straight into the ground so I don't blind people
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo View Post
and where in the city can you use these retna-burning lights? halogen housings wern't designed for HID's, and not to mention they are NOT department of transportation approved lighting. i high-beam everyone that has them, and don't know how to properly align them
Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean the same thing as they don't work, can't work, aren't an improvement, or don't exist. Fine you don't like them. You're entitled to your opinion on them. But you're making up lies about them to further that opinion isn't going to change the facts about them.

- Lots of people right here use them to replace their existing halogen lights and it is perfectly fine. A properly positioned light source is a is a properly positioned light source regardless of what's burning to create the light. HID vs Halogen lamps are meaningless. The housing will work properly regardless of the light source if the lamp is properly positioned. Which they are.

- Your previous statements about losing high beams were outright lies or you hate them so much, you don't even understand what you're arguing about anymore.

- No where did he suggest you go around using off-road lights in the city nor would anyone interpret it that way or actually do it.. Does that look like a city slicker truck?? Please stop making up bullshit.

- The DOT does not approve anything. Please do not make accusations that you do not understand. The DOT provides a set of standards (FMVSS) that apply only to OEM manufacturers and to repair shops. The DOT does not inspect or approve of anything. The DOT FMVSS does not apply to, regulate, or care what the end-user does to their car. Nor are you required to purchase parts that meet DOT FMVSS standards. Products that state "DOT Approved" or something similar are using it as a marketing scheme because there is no such thing. In fact, companies that have done that before have been sued, fined, and bitch slapped by the DOT in the past for false advertising.

So, like I said, you are well entitled to not like how they look. I'm sure you aren't the only one. But the rest of your argument about them is total BS and everyone here can see right through it. Just stop.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
FoMoCo FoMoCo is offline
RF.net ban camp founder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean the same thing as they don't work, can't work, aren't an improvement, or don't exist. Fine you don't like them. You're entitled to your opinion on them. But you're making up lies about them to further that opinion isn't going to change the facts about them.

- Lots of people right here use them to replace their existing halogen lights and it is perfectly fine. A properly positioned light source is a is a properly positioned light source regardless of what's burning to create the light. HID vs Halogen lamps are meaningless. The housing will work properly regardless of the light source if the lamp is properly positioned. Which they are.

- Your previous statements about losing high beams were outright lies or you hate them so much, you don't even understand what you're arguing about anymore.

- No where did he suggest you go around using off-road lights in the city nor would anyone interpret it that way or actually do it.. Does that look like a city slicker truck?? Please stop making up bullshit.

- The DOT does not approve anything. Please do not make accusations that you do not understand. The DOT provides a set of standards (FMVSS) that apply only to OEM manufacturers and to repair shops. The DOT does not inspect or approve of anything. The DOT FMVSS does not apply to, regulate, or care what the end-user does to their car. Nor are you required to purchase parts that meet DOT FMVSS standards. Products that state "DOT Approved" or something similar are using it as a marketing scheme because there is no such thing. In fact, companies that have done that before have been sued, fined, and bitch slapped by the DOT in the past for false advertising.

So, like I said, you are well entitled to not like how they look. I'm sure you aren't the only one. But the rest of your argument about them is total BS and everyone here can see right through it. Just stop.
whoa, easy there slick, who pissed in your cherrios this morning? how am i making up lies about them, they are flat out illegal to run, i never once said i hate them, i just hate these d-bags thet decide to run them in their lifted trucks, and not even bother to realign their lights so it wont blind everyone else out on the road, i know alot of people run them, i ran them for about 3 years in my truck before i toasted a ballast, and decided to go back with the halogens...

as for it looking like a city slicker truck? these days you never know, i know of some trucks that are SAS'd, and the only off road action it probally will ever see is a mall parking lot(sorry T)

i think you just need to relax, or take some meds to help you relax, because obviously you are wrapped a little too tight if a little comment i said made you just go ballistic
__________________
2012 mustang premium v6 pony package
702 crew
XBGT:IKONIK MOPAR
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
GGlighting GGlighting is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo View Post
whoa, easy there slick, who pissed in your cherrios this morning? how am i making up lies about them, they are flat out illegal to run, i never once said i hate them, i just hate these d-bags thet decide to run them in their lifted trucks, and not even bother to realign their lights so it wont blind everyone else out on the road, i know alot of people run them, i ran them for about 3 years in my truck before i toasted a ballast, and decided to go back with the halogens...

as for it looking like a city slicker truck? these days you never know, i know of some trucks that are SAS'd, and the only off road action it probally will ever see is a mall parking lot(sorry T)

i think you just need to relax, or take some meds to help you relax, because obviously you are wrapped a little too tight if a little comment i said made you just go ballistic
Thumbs up for calling yourself a "D-bag" haha

First you stated "i just hate these d-bags thet decide to run them in their lifted trucks"

Then "i ran them for about 3 years in my truck before i toasted a ballast"

Last edited by GGlighting; 02-24-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
FoMoCo FoMoCo is offline
RF.net ban camp founder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGlighting View Post
Thumbs up for calling yourself a "D-bag" haha

First you stated "i just hate these d-bags thet decide to run them in their lifted trucks"

Then "i ran them for about 3 years in my truck before i toasted a ballast"

Stupid ass

for the record my truck isn't lifted..... dumbazz
and for the record i ran my HID's in projector housings


edit: ya know what, its obvious that you are a huge tool that thinks he knows everything in the world, so i'm gonna be the bigger man here,and just............ walk away because its no use to arguing over nothing at all
__________________
2012 mustang premium v6 pony package
702 crew
XBGT:IKONIK MOPAR

Last edited by FoMoCo; 02-24-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
GGlighting GGlighting is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 754
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

I never said I know everything

You are the one that came off in this thread thinking you knew everything about HIDs when clearly you have no clue what you are talking about. I think I might have a little more knowledge than you about HIDs

If you would like to learn about HIDs, please send me a PM
Otherwise, I am done with this

Have a good day
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoMoCo View Post
how am i making up lies about them, they are flat out illegal to run, i never once said i hate them, i just hate these d-bags thet decide to run them in their lifted trucks, and not even bother to realign their lights so it wont blind everyone else out on the road, i know alot of people run them, i ran them for about 3 years in my truck before i toasted a ballast, and decided to go back with the halogens...

as for it looking like a city slicker truck? these days you never know, i know of some trucks that are SAS'd, and the only off road action it probally will ever see is a mall parking lot(sorry T)

i think you just need to relax, or take some meds to help you relax, because obviously you are wrapped a little too tight if a little comment i said made you just go ballistic
Well you claim you lose your high beams and you claim they are flat out illegal. Those are flat out lies. And everything you said about them not working properly in halogen housings is also flat out lies. You claim that they are not DOT approved which is also a flat out lie since there is no such process in the first place. Taking his description of his off road lights and chastizing him about using them in the city is a third flat out lie.

I agree with you regarding people who have poorly aimed lights. But that has nothing to do with them being HID's. Poorly aimed lights are poorly aimed lights regardless of what is burning in the housing the create the light.

Walking away is your choice. It is probably for the better because not a single thing you've tried to argue has any actual factual basis to it.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide

Last edited by FireRanger; 02-24-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
mw619 mw619 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 60
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

Do the stock fog lights use the same bulbs as the headlights?
this is an 03 ranger edge
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
FoMoCo FoMoCo is offline
RF.net ban camp founder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Aftermarket light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw619 View Post
Do the stock fog lights use the same bulbs as the headlights?
this is an 03 ranger edge
the fogs are 9145, or 9005


or maybe thats a lie too, what do ya say fireranger?
__________________
2012 mustang premium v6 pony package
702 crew
XBGT:IKONIK MOPAR
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLD] My 6000k H10 HID bulbs for your 3000k H10 HID bulbs! Bwad Exterior Parts 2 02-01-2011 01:35 PM
How do you change the dash light bulbs ?? TACTICALGLOCK General Tech 2 08-14-2010 09:20 PM
what bulbs are these? FoMoCo General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 05-02-2010 06:26 PM
LCD gauge cluster bulbs to replace oem bulbs... HOW? DangerRanger379 Interior Tech 2 03-30-2010 02:02 PM
[SOLD] Tail light harness, set of sockets and bulbs. RangerJustin Exterior Parts 1 02-07-2010 07:35 AM