Originally Posted by southbama man
After I replaced it and unhooked the battery to reset the computer, the light cut off. So the whole reason the light came on was because of a blown fuse. I didn't think that would make the light come on.
Two things happened before you observed the CEL go off.
You replaced a fuse
And you unhooked your battery.
If you replaced the fuse without disconnecting the battery, you could conclude that the CEL was on because of the fuse, and replacing that fuse made the light go off.
Right now you don't know if the CEL only went off because you unhooked the battery.
It's still possible. What was the fuse for?