The other day I was taking our work truck to get gas because it was on "E". I pre-paid $30 and was shocked when the pump shut off at $3. The tank was indeed full. I told my husband and he decided to check the fuse. We thought it was an easy fix because right away he found the blown fuse. When he went to replace the fuse, it kept blowing out. We both looked at the wires from the fuel tank and they looked in very good shape. The truck is kept in one of our aircraft hangers and is in very good shape. There doesnt seem to be any corrosion or worn out wires. I guess what Im saying is that the wiring appears in great shape and it isnt likely causing the short (I think lol). What else could cause the fuse to blow? Could the sending unit cause the fuse to blow? The truck is a 97 Ranger XLT. Thanks in advance....any help would be greatly appreciated.