Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #46  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Chris Chris is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 257
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Dude I had my fan completely off and guess what my A/C worked like ass. So you are wrong. I don't give two fucks with some book told you in some class.. Just like you wanna see numbers. I went out yesterday because of that roaring sound I've been hearing, removed my FAN and CLUTCH, and drove to autozone gave them the clutch back got my money back, drove to Ford Dealership and picked up a clutch from there, and my A/C ran like ASS, HOWEVER I noted a huge improvement in THROTTLE RESPONSE, again proving this to some god damn fact having moron would be next to impossible because he/she is only going to believe it if it happens to them.

I am sorry but this is common sense, you put anything that causes drag on any system and its going to slow it down to some degree. Sitting in traffic, nah it don't mess with my A/C but when with no fan turning in traffic yeah my A/C was hot rather then cold.
__________________
2004 Ford F150 Automatic FX4 SuperCrew 5.4L 3V Triton V8, No Muffler, true dual straight pipes, 3.73 Gears, 18" rims with Wrangler A/T's
White 2004 Ford Ranger XL, Auto, 4.0 SOHC, 4x4 Base Model, 16" Explorer Rims. 3.73 Gears, No muffler(Sold)
White 1997 Ford Expedition XLT 3inch Suspension lift, 38 Firestone M/T's 98 4.6L Police Interceptor high flow injectors, Super 44, brand new rebuilt transmission, with 3.73 gears(Not mine no more)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 AM
Chris Chris is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 257
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Dude I had my fan completely off and guess what my A/C worked like ass. So you are wrong. I don't give two fucks with some book told you in some class.. Just like you wanna see numbers. I went out yesterday because of that roaring sound I've been hearing, removed my FAN and CLUTCH, and drove to autozone gave them the clutch back got my money back, drove to Ford Dealership and picked up a clutch from there, and my A/C ran like ASS, HOWEVER I noted a huge improvement in THROTTLE RESPONSE, again proving this to some god damn fact having moron would be next to impossible because he/she is only going to believe it if it happens to them.

I am sorry but this is common sense, you put anything that causes drag on any system and its going to slow it down to some degree. Sitting in traffic, nah it don't mess with my A/C but when with no fan turning in traffic yeah my A/C was hot rather then cold.
__________________
2004 Ford F150 Automatic FX4 SuperCrew 5.4L 3V Triton V8, No Muffler, true dual straight pipes, 3.73 Gears, 18" rims with Wrangler A/T's
White 2004 Ford Ranger XL, Auto, 4.0 SOHC, 4x4 Base Model, 16" Explorer Rims. 3.73 Gears, No muffler(Sold)
White 1997 Ford Expedition XLT 3inch Suspension lift, 38 Firestone M/T's 98 4.6L Police Interceptor high flow injectors, Super 44, brand new rebuilt transmission, with 3.73 gears(Not mine no more)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 AM
Chris Chris is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 257
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Dude I had my fan completely off and guess what my A/C worked like ass. So you are wrong. I don't give two fucks with some book told you in some class.. Just like you wanna see numbers. I went out yesterday because of that roaring sound I've been hearing, removed my FAN and CLUTCH, and drove to autozone gave them the clutch back got my money back, drove to Ford Dealership and picked up a clutch from there, and my A/C ran like ASS, HOWEVER I noted a huge improvement in THROTTLE RESPONSE, again proving this to some god damn fact having moron would be next to impossible because he/she is only going to believe it if it happens to them.

I am sorry but this is common sense, you put anything that causes drag on any system and its going to slow it down to some degree. Sitting in traffic, nah it don't mess with my A/C but when with no fan turning in traffic yeah my A/C was hot rather then cold.
__________________
2004 Ford F150 Automatic FX4 SuperCrew 5.4L 3V Triton V8, No Muffler, true dual straight pipes, 3.73 Gears, 18" rims with Wrangler A/T's
White 2004 Ford Ranger XL, Auto, 4.0 SOHC, 4x4 Base Model, 16" Explorer Rims. 3.73 Gears, No muffler(Sold)
White 1997 Ford Expedition XLT 3inch Suspension lift, 38 Firestone M/T's 98 4.6L Police Interceptor high flow injectors, Super 44, brand new rebuilt transmission, with 3.73 gears(Not mine no more)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:31 AM
rockwerks rockwerks is offline
Mazda B4000 Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 495
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Dude I had my fan completely off and guess what my A/C worked like ass. So you are wrong. I don't give two fucks with some book told you in some class.. Just like you wanna see numbers. I went out yesterday because of that roaring sound I've been hearing, removed my FAN and CLUTCH, and drove to autozone gave them the clutch back got my money back, drove to Ford Dealership and picked up a clutch from there, and my A/C ran like ASS, HOWEVER I noted a huge improvement in THROTTLE RESPONSE, again proving this to some god damn fact having moron would be next to impossible because he/she is only going to believe it if it happens to them.

I am sorry but this is common sense, you put anything that causes drag on any system and its going to slow it down to some degree. Sitting in traffic, nah it don't mess with my A/C but when with no fan turning in traffic yeah my A/C was hot rather then cold.
who are you talking too? learn to use that quote button and delete 2 of these 3 ramblings
__________________
PNW CREW
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-16-2010, 06:33 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

I can't keep track of who's getting mad at who so I'll just throw in my E-Fan experience with AC.

When not moving, or in very slow city/traffic jam conditions, you need the E-Fan for the AC to function. This is obvious.

When moving along at any reasonable road speed (25+mph), the ram air coming through the grill is far more than the fan is going move anyway. The fan is doing nothing for cooling or AC when you're moving along like that. In fact, the AC works better because there is more air moving through and I'm sure the compressor turning faster due to higher RPM is helping too.

With all that said, there is no way to tell the e-fan not to run once you're going over 25mph (where is Mad Scientist John from R-F when you need him...). So the e-fan is on when the AC is on no matter what.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:36 AM
rockwerks rockwerks is offline
Mazda B4000 Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 495
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

That is what I said.......just a longer version LOL
__________________
PNW CREW
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
06ranger 06ranger is offline
Certified Car Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 197
Send a message via Yahoo to 06ranger
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
You must have failed all your ASE classes or copied off of your classmates

That is why a running fan behind the radiator is so important. to PULL AIR through the condenser. a correctly functioning system does not need to be moving to work. (that is why in all cars when you turn on the AC and usually defrost the electric fan kicks on with the compressor )
No i was stating that if there was no air moving across the condenser and radiator while sitting in traffic due to some sort of electrical failure of the fan(s) then the air conditioning will not cool the interior and the truck will begin to overheat depending on how long you sit there in traffic.
__________________
Niche 17x8 rims, turn signal mod, painted side mirror ohc, full length explorer console, eatc, auto dim mirror, kicker components, sido exhaust, painted headlight, nightshaded tails,
Can you do the three pedal two step? I know iim can...
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM
rockwerks rockwerks is offline
Mazda B4000 Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 495
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06ranger View Post
No i was stating that if there was no air moving across the condenser and radiator while sitting in traffic due to some sort of electrical failure of the fan(s) then the air conditioning will not cool the interior and the truck will begin to overheat depending on how long you sit there in traffic.
nice change up LOL we where talking about the mechanical fan here........frankly I have yet to see anyone with ASE certification that Id let work on anything of mine.......not one Ive met has any common sense my .02
__________________
PNW CREW
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Rogeribanez Rogeribanez is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
I would suggest to get a fan that will either fit in your existing shroud or one that has a shroud that fits the radiator as close to complete as possible

18.5 x 18.5 and 3" - 3.5" max in depth minimum 1900 CFM Id guess. Also dont forget to use a quality adjustable thermostat and a direct switch is also nice.
Well I've looked and only car-stuff.com has an e-fan that fits my truck but its only 12 1/8" diameter. I've looked on E-bay they don't have squat! If you know of any good websites let me know please.
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0 V6 Auto 31" BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A K&N Cold Air Intake
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Rogeribanez Rogeribanez is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

I just found a fan w 15 in diameter and 1950 cfm. It says it's only for the 4 cylinder. I don't want to take the chance but wouldn't they be the same? If you guys know for sure then tell me please. You guys are the experts. I can see between this big debate! No matter what I want an E-fan conversion on my truck.
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0 V6 Auto 31" BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A K&N Cold Air Intake
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 PM
rockwerks rockwerks is offline
Mazda B4000 Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 495
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogeribanez View Post
I just found a fan w 15 in diameter and 1950 cfm. It says it's only for the 4 cylinder. I don't want to take the chance but wouldn't they be the same? If you guys know for sure then tell me please. You guys are the experts. I can see between this big debate! No matter what I want an E-fan conversion on my truck.
that should work fine as long as it fits into the stock shroud..........no one here is an expert.......there is no exact way to do it........thats whats fun about doing mods
__________________
PNW CREW
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Rogeribanez Rogeribanez is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
that should work fine as long as it fits into the stock shroud..........no one here is an expert.......there is no exact way to do it........thats whats fun about doing mods
Do you know of any websites that have some that fit exact?
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0 V6 Auto 31" BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A K&N Cold Air Intake
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Areyouforcereal? Areyouforcereal? is offline
Touch it.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 809
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Just from my personal exp. I tried a flex a lite e-fan that was said by the manufacturer would work on a 6-cyl ranger. It looked good, but didn't cool worth a crap. I returned it got my money back and then did some research. Found out about the tauraus fan, and have not regreted it. Unless you wanna take a chance, so far the only sure things are the taurus fan, or using 3 smaller fans of unknown origin.
__________________
2003 Ranger FX4 level II. 3" BL, 33x12.50 GT Radial Mud Claws, Custom front and rear bumpers with winch hookups, custom flatbed, with hi-lift, and full size spare mount, 12,000 lb winch mounted under bed, Electric fan, and of course a flowmaster.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 PM
1993Ranger 1993Ranger is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

I installed an electric fan on my Ford Explorer. Before this I got a Consistent 18 mpg after install an immediate 21 mpg same distance to and from work same roads. I also installed them on my 1993 ranger. I used a factory fan from a 4 cyl ford front wheel drive and added 2, 9 inch pushers in front mounted on a/c condenser for extra in hot weather. You can get fan from Ford Taurus which is 2 speed from junkyard cheap, cut away excess and mount inside original shroud. As for losing fan that can happen to either electric or clutch. Lost my clutch fan and overheated engine before I could get off road. clutch completey gave out.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Chris Chris is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 257
Default Re: Electric fans anyone???

Let me ask rockwerks a question real quick, is my truck suppose to make a roaring sound when my fan clutch is kicked in? I am curious as I just replaced it, and now that you mention not being able to hear it, I do not remember the old stock one making no noise. This one roars a lot, especially during the day when I am running my A/C, it even roars going 55-70 sometimes if I stomp it it will roar really bad, then it will kick out but before it makes the worst roaring sound in the world...

I may be taking this junky fan clutch back to Autozone and getting a new one, is this normal rockwerks?
__________________
2004 Ford F150 Automatic FX4 SuperCrew 5.4L 3V Triton V8, No Muffler, true dual straight pipes, 3.73 Gears, 18" rims with Wrangler A/T's
White 2004 Ford Ranger XL, Auto, 4.0 SOHC, 4x4 Base Model, 16" Explorer Rims. 3.73 Gears, No muffler(Sold)
White 1997 Ford Expedition XLT 3inch Suspension lift, 38 Firestone M/T's 98 4.6L Police Interceptor high flow injectors, Super 44, brand new rebuilt transmission, with 3.73 gears(Not mine no more)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric help AGAIN RoadDawg Electrical Tech 8 02-14-2011 01:17 PM
Electric Fan Selectin redneksoldier 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 2 03-03-2010 08:34 PM
Electric Cooling Fan Bamadude General Ford Ranger Discussion 2 09-22-2009 03:25 PM
Electric Fans olfordtruck General Tech 14 09-19-2009 04:59 AM
Why an electric fan & clutch fan tychobrahe1911 4-Cylinder Tech 5 07-28-2009 12:47 PM