Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 01-24-2017, 10:11 AM
pelicanman pelicanman is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 378
Default turtle wax new product

I was in pep boys a few days ago,and saw a new turtle wax product.
it's called JET BLACK TRIM RESTORER,it has a sponge and gloves to apply it.
Has anyone here tryed it,and what are the results ?
old retired guy
__________________
06 ranger XL reg cab
3.0 auto/3.73
stock except/30x9.5x15s
15x8 silver cragar soft 8s
white A.R.E. topper
93,500+miles
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2017, 10:49 AM
SB03Ranger SB03Ranger is offline
checking the weather
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: turtle wax new product

IT will look good at first but will fade with time just like all the other brands do.
__________________
its a Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2017, 07:49 AM
dixie_boysles dixie_boysles is offline
5.Oh All the way

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,593
Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: turtle wax new product

The best thing is to quickly go over faded plastic trim with heat gun QUICKLY. The idea is to just darken, not melt. Google it
__________________
2014 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4
275/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Shorty Antenna | Tinted Windows | ProClip Phone Mount |5.0 v8 |Tow Package | Oxford White


Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2017, 07:24 PM
2004 fx4 level II 2004 fx4 level II is offline
sooo fuckin deeeaaadddd
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: turtle wax new product

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelicanman View Post
I was in pep boys a few days ago,and saw a new turtle wax product.
it's called JET BLACK TRIM RESTORER,it has a sponge and gloves to apply it.
Has anyone here tryed it,and what are the results ?
old retired guy
junk!!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB03Ranger View Post
IT will look good at first but will fade with time just like all the other brands do.
this^^^^^^^^^

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
The best thing is to quickly go over faded plastic trim with heat gun QUICKLY. The idea is to just darken, not melt. Google it
this^ and I used krylon plastic spray paint, last for couple years
__________________
Fx4 levelII
enough^^ said

t-bar cranked 33x10.5x15 bfg all terrain ko2-15x8 pro comp 7031- blacked out headlight and corners mustang dome Westin brushguard March 2014 TOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
Yeah fuck Chevy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2018, 07:53 AM
rangergambler rangergambler is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 930
Default

On my 2010 2.3 XL I USED A BLACK TRIM SPECIFIC SPRAY paint CAN FORGOT THE NAME illL HAVE to look it up, but it always looks like it has a fresh coat of armor all. Its been like 2.5 years like that.
__________________
2010 2.3 Stick Reg Cab XL - Maxtrac 2 inch coils - Bilstein 5100 front shocks - Bilstein yellow rear shocks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 AM
ChiefD ChiefD is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
Default Re: turtle wax new product

I use a product called Wipe New. I get it at Walmart. It's around $10 or $11 per box. I use it on wiper arms and all plastics (grill, trim, steps, splash guards, etc.). This stuff has done an amazing job for me. I usually only apply every 2 years. It stands up to washes and regular elements. Comes with gloves and applicator cloths. I've been impressed.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wipe-New-...&wl13=&veh=sem
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2018, 06:11 PM
crixus crixus is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 50
Default Re: turtle wax new product

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefD View Post
I use a product called Wipe New. I get it at Walmart. It's around $10 or $11 per box. I use it on wiper arms and all plastics (grill, trim, steps, splash guards, etc.). This stuff has done an amazing job for me. I usually only apply every 2 years. It stands up to washes and regular elements. Comes with gloves and applicator cloths. I've been impressed.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wipe-New-...&wl13=&veh=sem
I've used it as well and it's a great product.
__________________
2008 XL SuperCab
2.3 Automatic/4x2
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:39 PM
SBh2oMan SBh2oMan is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 68
Default Re: turtle wax new product

Anyone tried this?

CarGuys Plastic Restorer - The Ultimate Solution for Bringing Rubber, Vinyl and Plastic Back to Life! - 8 oz Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FRWWRF..._H1.rCbYD3A5Y2

Ive tried all the products from turtle wax, meguires, and mothers and none of them last.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turtle wax mazdaguy13 Cleaning and Detailing 1 02-12-2013 11:54 PM
Turtle Wax black wax any good? Mrbreeze Cleaning and Detailing 10 06-22-2011 08:29 PM
Turtle Wax Black Box... knightmare1015 Cleaning and Detailing 10 04-02-2011 03:38 PM
Turtle Wax Ice SkyYYZ Cleaning and Detailing 34 01-13-2011 09:30 PM
Turtle Wax Black Box smurphy Cleaning and Detailing 4 05-03-2010 09:41 PM