Been done for a while just getting to after pictures.Here is a list of what I did.
1) Took seats,trim panels,door panels,shifter boot and cup holder,panels off the dash and the gauge cluster,and finally the seat belts.
2) Took the seats apart top from bottom and then took the covers off and ran them through washing machine. The seats were the 60/40 so I turn them into buckets and got rid of the so called console.
3) Scrub the carpet with simple green and scrub it again with reg auto carpet cleaner.Drivers side was real bad now it is just ugly.
4) Clean the entire inside with simple green and all the trim panels I took off.
5) Then I put it all back together.The seat belts I just clean with soap and water.I found a probelm with the drivers side belt so I replace it.Put in a different center console and a different cluster with a tach.And of course some good protection.
Looks a little better got 16 years of dirt out and it smells better.
1996 Ranger XLT reg cab 2wd
2.3 and 5spd
3 inch PA body lift & new stock bushings
Flowmaster Delta 40 muffler
New 15 Outlaw wheels
No mods to the motor yet