Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1411  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Stewart Stewart is offline
photog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE_CustomZ View Post

I Love it when a little high school punk comes up beside you at a red light bumpin his best buy special and looks at you with a grin like he's doin something. That grin disappears fast when I turn mine on lol
Lol yep. That SSL amp rocking stock speakers on an install that his parents paid someone else to do. These are the scrubs of audio.

FRF for iOS
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4, 5 speed manual | Build
Flipped Shackles | Cat Delete | Polished Stock Exhaust | Throttle Cable Mod | LED conversions [cluster, HVAC, tag]
JVC KD-HDR60 | Polk Audio db6501 | Bazooka Bass Tube BT6024DVC | Hifonics ZRX1000.4 | PAC-LC1

RIP 10/8/15
Reply With Quote
  #1412  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
TE_CustomZ TE_CustomZ is offline
Go Go Power Ranger!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 301
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Lol yep. That SSL amp rocking stock speakers on an install that his parents paid someone else to do. These are the scrubs of audio.

FRF for iOS
YUpp I know how loud my stuff is so I respectfully keep it turned down at intersections
__________________
PROJECT POWER RANGER 1994 Ford Ranger V6 Ext Cab
Clarion cz702 (5v preouts) all tsunami RCAs, 4 sundown neo 6.5s and 2 mclaren mlt350s, Infinity Kappa Four (150 x 4 ) and mmats mp2300 (575 x 2 )
2 DC 3.5k (7k rms total), 4 Sundown X15s
240a h/o alternator, 5 Odyssey pc1700s, 8 runs of 1/0 ofc welding cable, crap load of 4ga, 8ga, great stuff, and audio technix sound deadener
Reply With Quote
  #1413  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
BoyRanger BoyRanger is offline
Higher Than Most
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,939
Default Re: Show Your System

does anyone have a set up like this?

and do you think that I could fit 12"s in that cubby hole?
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger
V6 3.AWESOME 5 Speed
3" Fabtech spindle lift
32" Falken Wild Peak A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
"Cant tell if gay or cali member"
Reply With Quote
  #1414  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 PM
63merc 63merc is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,130
Default

I might but can't see the pic

Sent from my iPhone so you can hate me, wherever I may be.
Reply With Quote
  #1415  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63merc View Post
I might but can't see the pic

Sent from my iPhone so you can hate me, wherever I may be.
I don't think you do. That's an 2dr ext cab setup.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #1416  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 PM
JTbeast JTbeast is offline
Busted Knuckle University
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,351
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyRanger View Post
and do you think that I could fit 12"s in that cubby hole?
With custom work, of course you can. You'd probably have to build out a little deeper for the right airspace then what is pictured.
__________________
2003 Mazda B4000 Dual Sport

spindles, shackles, wheels and other cool stuff..
Build thread
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
  #1417  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM
BoyRanger BoyRanger is offline
Higher Than Most
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,939
Default Re: Show Your System

ok, I think this might be my next project, Im just trying to get ideas where I wont have to have the whole back space taken up by a sub box, but not sacrifice alot of quality, and using the same gear I have now.
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger
V6 3.AWESOME 5 Speed
3" Fabtech spindle lift
32" Falken Wild Peak A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
"Cant tell if gay or cali member"
Reply With Quote
  #1418  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyRanger View Post
ok, I think this might be my next project, Im just trying to get ideas where I wont have to have the whole back space taken up by a sub box, but not sacrifice alot of quality, and using the same gear I have now.
I'd love to have a setup like that.

But I don't have an ext. cab
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #1419  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM
BoyRanger BoyRanger is offline
Higher Than Most
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,939
Default Re: Show Your System

yeah Im finding more and more Id love to have that extra space usable, and I want to but a 3rd seat back there, and have 2 buckets up front. also, hitting big whoops in the desert with a some what loose sub box isnt working out the best...
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger
V6 3.AWESOME 5 Speed
3" Fabtech spindle lift
32" Falken Wild Peak A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
"Cant tell if gay or cali member"
Reply With Quote
  #1420  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 PM
rangerdanger77 rangerdanger77 is offline
educated n00b
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyRanger View Post
yeah Im finding more and more Id love to have that extra space usable, and I want to but a 3rd seat back there, and have 2 buckets up front. also, hitting big whoops in the desert with a some what loose sub box isnt working out the best...
How are you hitting whoops on stock suspension? Lol
__________________
03 Ranger XLT 4x2 | 3.0l 2-door ext. cab auto trans | BTF Fabricated Spindles/Camburg Upper Arms/Camburg 2.5" coils/Bilstein 5100s/Limit Straps | 2" shackles/2.5" blocks | airbox mod w/ k&n drop in | thrush welded | blacked out emblems | 6000k hids | 06+ tails & corners | Cargo Light Mod | Billet Grille | Custom Bumper | Hella 700ffs | 32x11.5x15 BFG AT KO | 15" Procomp 7031 | Buggman LED Mustang Dome/Cluster/Reverse Lights | Kenwood Headunit | FORD floor mats
Reply With Quote
  #1421  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 PM
63merc 63merc is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post

I don't think you do. That's an 2dr ext cab setup.
Lol I know I dont from what he said. Just being a pecker head

Sent from my iPhone so you can hate me, wherever I may be.
Reply With Quote
  #1422  
Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
BoyRanger BoyRanger is offline
Higher Than Most
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,939
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdanger77 View Post
How are you hitting whoops on stock suspension? Lol
skill. haha, most of the time its by accident. I have gotten air born a few times, and not proud of it lol.

but this isnt an offroad thread now is it.

what kind of air space would I be looking at needing for a 12" sub?
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger
V6 3.AWESOME 5 Speed
3" Fabtech spindle lift
32" Falken Wild Peak A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
"Cant tell if gay or cali member"
Reply With Quote
  #1423  
Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 PM
padilla94 padilla94 is offline
Double Lifted!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 885
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyRanger View Post
skill. haha, most of the time its by accident. I have gotten air born a few times, and not proud of it lol.

but this isnt an offroad thread now is it.

what kind of air space would I be looking at needing for a 12" sub?
google the model of your sub and it should tell you how much air space in the specs
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4 extended cab 4.0 OHV
4" Rough Country lift
3" PA Body Lift
33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs
15x8 Black MB 72 wheels
Red LED Interior
Throttle Mod
Stainless Brake Lines
Build Thread
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1424  
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 AM
SteelDirigible SteelDirigible is offline
Forget about the toe.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 461
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1loudrnger View Post
Thsts exactly my point its not noise...speakers produce noise (high frequencys) door speakers will do the damage to hearing not the woofers. Woofers produce a pressure not a noise which is wat we measure (SPL) sound pressure level. There's been a whole debate about this and doctors were brought in if I find the link on smd ill post but even the doc stated the woofers (low frequency s) are not damaging hearing like ppl think...the pressure does not start to damage hearing untill the 165db range which is getting close to bombs sound which them are much higher frequency also but still when you get to that point yes your gona statt damaging hearing. But you'll do more damage puting your hears next to stock speakers or goin to a rock concert. Like I said I could argue for days but I'm not goin to over the internet
Subwoofers do in fact produce sound, in addition to the pressure generated. I'm not comparing it to the severity of any other activities, like rock concerts, because there are certainly better ways to damage your hearing. Lowfrequencies might have less of an effect, and are also going to be less noticeable since you don't hear low frequencies as well.

There is a direct relationship between SPL and "noise" or perceived sound, so it's somewhat trivial to differentiate between the two for this purpose. High frequency sounds produce a measureable SPL just like low frequency sounds, they only seem louder because of the perception of those sounds. Low frequency sounds must have much higher SPL to be as "loud" as the high frequency sounds, but SPL is SPL, and it can damage your hearing.

Here is a link to some permissible standards for exposure time, according to OSHA and NIOSH, which are likely more conservative than they would have to be to damage hearing. But I would guess you are far exceeding these recommendations.
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/Permiss...posureTime.htm
__________________
Sonic Blue 2006 Ranger 4.0L 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #1425  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM
TE_CustomZ TE_CustomZ is offline
Go Go Power Ranger!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 301
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
Subwoofers do in fact produce sound, in addition to the pressure generated. I'm not comparing it to the severity of any other activities, like rock concerts, because there are certainly better ways to damage your hearing. Lowfrequencies might have less of an effect, and are also going to be less noticeable since you don't hear low frequencies as well.

There is a direct relationship between SPL and "noise" or perceived sound, so it's somewhat trivial to differentiate between the two for this purpose. High frequency sounds produce a measureable SPL just like low frequency sounds, they only seem louder because of the perception of those sounds. Low frequency sounds must have much higher SPL to be as "loud" as the high frequency sounds, but SPL is SPL, and it can damage your hearing.

Here is a link to some permissible standards for exposure time, according to OSHA and NIOSH, which are likely more conservative than they would have to be to damage hearing. But I would guess you are far exceeding these recommendations.
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/Permiss...posureTime.htm
Ha ha thats funny im well above that chart by about 30db. But again you must take frequency into into aspect. My 145+ db at 36hz is a way different sound then machinery at 115db
__________________
PROJECT POWER RANGER 1994 Ford Ranger V6 Ext Cab
Clarion cz702 (5v preouts) all tsunami RCAs, 4 sundown neo 6.5s and 2 mclaren mlt350s, Infinity Kappa Four (150 x 4 ) and mmats mp2300 (575 x 2 )
2 DC 3.5k (7k rms total), 4 Sundown X15s
240a h/o alternator, 5 Odyssey pc1700s, 8 runs of 1/0 ofc welding cable, crap load of 4ga, 8ga, great stuff, and audio technix sound deadener
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM