Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #5596  
Old 08-30-2016, 07:48 PM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
I might go with a sealed set-up the next time i change things up(tax time) Looking at this beast! displaces 0.45 cubes and only needs a 0.6 cubed enclosure. Stereo Integrity HST12 mk II Imagine that thing playng white clouds without needing a subsonic filter!
that thing looks sweet. Wouldn't mind giving it a try.
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #5597  
Old 08-30-2016, 09:04 PM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
F150 FX4 Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13,977
Default Re: Show Your System

Gonna probably need the assistance of the sound gurus on here in a couple weeks. Gonna put a system in my F150 but not sure if I want 2 10s or 2 12s. Box will be under the back seat and they will be downfiring.
__________________
2013 F150 FX4 5.0
-2.5" Auto Spring Leveling Kit, Roush CAI, Black Widow Race Venom Exhaust, 35x12.5R18 KO2s, 20" Light Bar
Ranger Free Since 12/1/15
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5598  
Old 08-31-2016, 09:55 AM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
Gonna probably need the assistance of the sound gurus on here in a couple weeks. Gonna put a system in my F150 but not sure if I want 2 10s or 2 12s. Box will be under the back seat and they will be downfiring.
I would suggest 10s for the fact of air space. What do you listen to and what are you wanting? Loud or sound good? Mine does both
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #5599  
Old 08-31-2016, 10:52 AM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
F150 FX4 Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
I would suggest 10s for the fact of air space. What do you listen to and what are you wanting? Loud or sound good? Mine does both
I want loud and sound good. I'm not a big bass head I just want some decent bass that sounds good.
__________________
2013 F150 FX4 5.0
-2.5" Auto Spring Leveling Kit, Roush CAI, Black Widow Race Venom Exhaust, 35x12.5R18 KO2s, 20" Light Bar
Ranger Free Since 12/1/15
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5600  
Old 08-31-2016, 11:03 AM
desertrunner33 desertrunner33 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post

I would suggest 10s for the fact of air space. What do you listen to and what are you wanting? Loud or sound good? Mine does both
Sorry I didn't need to quote you but my phone only let's me respond to other people and not make a new post for some reason.



Hey guys I'm buying a sub box today and the box I want is 32" wide 17" tall 22" depth. Does anyone know if that will fit in the extended cab? I don't need the seats back there. It's for 2 12". I forgot my tap3 measure so I can't be 100% certain it will fit so I figured I'd ask here real quick. Any help is appreciated.
__________________
2003 v6 4.0 4x4 xlt extended cab
manual transmission 135000 miles
29x12x16 tires bilstein 5100 shocks
Reply With Quote
  #5601  
Old 08-31-2016, 11:04 AM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
I want loud and sound good. I'm not a big bass head I just want some decent bass that sounds good.
I have my skar 10s and I love them. The box volume fits great with the sub. 10s tend to be a bit punchier than 12s I think they sound better personally. I read great things about the fox boxes for newer f150s
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #5602  
Old 08-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

for a visual reference Trenton this box in my truck s 15h x 24w x 17d



when my seats are back in position it rubs to top front edge of the box
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #5603  
Old 08-31-2016, 11:13 AM
desertrunner33 desertrunner33 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
for a visual reference Trenton this box in my truck s 15h x 24w x 17d

when my seats are back in position it rubs to top front edge of the box
So the ones I'm looking at will probably be too big haha
__________________
2003 v6 4.0 4x4 xlt extended cab
manual transmission 135000 miles
29x12x16 tires bilstein 5100 shocks
Reply With Quote
  #5604  
Old 08-31-2016, 11:17 AM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrunner33 View Post
So the ones I'm looking at will probably be too big haha
Yup, i'd say thats too big.

If you stay below the window line (about 21" high) you could use a wedge shape that is 10" deep at the top and 20" at the bottom and have full use of your seats with room for tons of sub excursion.

Those measurements don't include moving any interor panels like i did i gained another 1 1/2 or so of depth taking out most of the middle panel
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures

Last edited by Markous; 08-31-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5605  
Old 08-31-2016, 11:19 AM
desertrunner33 desertrunner33 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post

Yup, i'd say thats too big.

If you stay below the window line (about 21" high) you could use a wedge shape that is 10" deep at the top and 20" at the bottom and have full use of your seats with room for tons of sub excursion.

Those measurements don't include moving any interor panels like i did.
Ok thank you. That helps me a lot. I'll look for a different box or maybe just build one myself
__________________
2003 v6 4.0 4x4 xlt extended cab
manual transmission 135000 miles
29x12x16 tires bilstein 5100 shocks
Reply With Quote
  #5606  
Old 08-31-2016, 09:05 PM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
F150 FX4 Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13,977
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
I have my skar 10s and I love them. The box volume fits great with the sub. 10s tend to be a bit punchier than 12s I think they sound better personally. I read great things about the fox boxes for newer f150s
I'll probably stick with two 10s. Gonna get a box that fits under the back seats in the SuperCrews. Gotta decide on amp and subs then decide on door speakers. Probably doing Rockford Fosgate door speakers though. Had some in my 05 Ranger and loved them.
__________________
2013 F150 FX4 5.0
-2.5" Auto Spring Leveling Kit, Roush CAI, Black Widow Race Venom Exhaust, 35x12.5R18 KO2s, 20" Light Bar
Ranger Free Since 12/1/15
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5607  
Old 08-31-2016, 09:11 PM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
I'll probably stick with two 10s. Gonna get a box that fits under the back seats in the SuperCrews. Gotta decide on amp and subs then decide on door speakers. Probably doing Rockford Fosgate door speakers though. Had some in my 05 Ranger and loved them.
I'm going with infinity reference in mine. Just because I'm going to be running them off headunit power. Find a box. And then find subs that will work with the amount of air space the box provides. Then find an amp that will run the rms power the subs need. ---------- My setup is a a Rodney's box off eBay. Covered in tan. 2 skar audio vd10s down firing sealed, car audio bargain 1600.1 running 1 ohm at 1000 watts rms. 500 watts per sub. 4 gauge wire. Some day I'll upgrade to 0 gauge. I love how it sounds. It hits lows like crazy. My wipers dance and my dash flexes. My yeti hops around in the cup holder lol. But I can turn the bass knob down and it's nice and punchy and sounds good. Even though I don't ever turn it down. Love it loud. Need to get new door speakers and an amp for the mids and highs. I love good highs. Don't have that now. I'm still running stock ford speakers. They suck.
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #5608  
Old 08-31-2016, 09:33 PM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
F150 FX4 Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13,977
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
I'm going with infinity reference in mine. Just because I'm going to be running them off headunit power. Find a box. And then find subs that will work with the amount of air space the box provides. Then find an amp that will run the rms power the subs need. ---------- My setup is a a Rodney's box off eBay. Covered in tan. 2 skar audio vd10s down firing sealed, car audio bargain 1600.1 running 1 ohm at 1000 watts rms. 500 watts per sub. 4 gauge wire. Some day I'll upgrade to 0 gauge. I love how it sounds. It hits lows like crazy. My wipers dance and my dash flexes. My yeti hops around in the cup holder lol. But I can turn the bass knob down and it's nice and punchy and sounds good. Even though I don't ever turn it down. Love it loud. Need to get new door speakers and an amp for the mids and highs. I love good highs. Don't have that now. I'm still running stock ford speakers. They suck.
Since I want two subs do I need to double the space one sub needs and find a box that size?
And also do I need to find the peak RMS of the subs and get an amp with the same peak RMS? If each sub is 300W peak does that mean I need a 300W or 600W amp?

I was looking at RFs but I may just go with these so I can have the same speakers all the way around.
Says they fit front and rear.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109STAG...ml?tp=105&l=C&
The RFs I was looking at. Says only fits front doors.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R168...X2.html?tp=105
__________________
2013 F150 FX4 5.0
-2.5" Auto Spring Leveling Kit, Roush CAI, Black Widow Race Venom Exhaust, 35x12.5R18 KO2s, 20" Light Bar
Ranger Free Since 12/1/15
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5609  
Old 08-31-2016, 09:39 PM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
Since I want two subs do I need to double the space one sub needs and find a box that size? And also do I need to find the peak RMS of the subs and get an amp with the same peak RMS? If each sub is 300W peak does that mean I need a 300W or 600W amp? I was looking at RFs but I may just go with these so I can have the same speakers all the way around. Says they fit front and rear. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109STAG...ml?tp=105&l=C& The RFs I was looking at. Says only fits front doors. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R168...X2.html?tp=105
Most boxes are going to be chambered. Meaning each sub will be in its own seperate enclosure with its own airspace. So whatever the box says the airspace that is. That space is for each sub. Then you get a sub to match the airspace. As for the subs. If you have 2 subs that run 500 watts rms. Then you will want an amp that runs 1000 watts rms. You'll multiply it by 2. Also you need to match the ohm values. You need to make sure your coils are wired to the amp in a way to be most efficient and have a matching power or very close to the subs.
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #5610  
Old 09-02-2016, 05:08 PM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
F150 FX4 Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
Most boxes are going to be chambered. Meaning each sub will be in its own seperate enclosure with its own airspace. So whatever the box says the airspace that is. That space is for each sub. Then you get a sub to match the airspace. As for the subs. If you have 2 subs that run 500 watts rms. Then you will want an amp that runs 1000 watts rms. You'll multiply it by 2. Also you need to match the ohm values. You need to make sure your coils are wired to the amp in a way to be most efficient and have a matching power or very close to the subs.
Ok so if I buy an amp that says 500W @ 4 ohms I need 4 ohm subs?
__________________
2013 F150 FX4 5.0
-2.5" Auto Spring Leveling Kit, Roush CAI, Black Widow Race Venom Exhaust, 35x12.5R18 KO2s, 20" Light Bar
Ranger Free Since 12/1/15
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM