Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #496  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Lightbulb Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminator View Post
I got this yesterday. It's a 2x60W RMS @ 4 ohm.Now I'm waiting on a Rockford mono amp and a 10"JL Cvw2 in a sealed box to arrive.
http://[IMG]http://i1189.photobucket....jpg[/IMG]
That Boston amp only does 200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms. Is the sub the 10Wxv2 ?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett20 View Post
Wire them to a mono amp that outputs 800 watts RMS @ 2 ohms, like this -
just examples - http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...C9105&g=347250



----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Count View Post
Hey guys gonna put a new system in. 2 Alpine Type R's 10" 4ohm, not sure what amp to go with tho. I'm gonna build a box, wedge and they'll both have .75 cu.


Now should I put one sub directly behind, centered, the passenger seat and the other sub directly behind, centered, the driver seat, or should you put them more in the middle? If its centered in the cab I would think my right side would get most of the hit but if its centered behind the seats then I would think my right and left side would equally feel the bass hit.

Weird question but I'm building this and want it perfect.
It won't matter where the subwoofers are physically, if the sound is EQ'd correctly, you can't tell where it is originating from. Actually, if your soundstage is right, all the sound will seem as tho it is coming from dash center.
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 03-12-2012, 05:31 AM
aluminator aluminator is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 105
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
That Boston amp only does 200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms. Is the sub the 10Wxv2 ? :hmm:
The boston amp is for my 5x7 Polk db's.They are rateed at 60W RMS which is what the Boston amp produces.Thursday UPS will deliver a Rockford 500.1 amp that is rated at 320Wx1 RMS@4 ohms along with the JL 10Wxv2 in a JL sealed enclosure which is rated at 300 W RMS @ 4 ohms.So the sub will be ever so slightly overpowered,which is a good thing right?
I did screw up the amp wiring kits though.I ordered two 8 Guage(single amplifier)wiring kits. I then realized I need a dual amplifier 4 guage wiring kit.
Can I still use the two(single amp) wiring kits instead of a single (two amp)wiring kit?
__________________
2011 Ranger XL:2.3L 4cyl.,5spd manual,two tone cloth sport seats,03/04 grille,Black LoPro toolbox,Husky liners, Rhino liner,Kenwood BT952HD HU,Infinity Kappa Coaxials,Boston GTA 602 amp,10"JL sub,Boston GTA 500M amp
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 03-12-2012, 07:36 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Lightbulb Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminator View Post
The boston amp is for my 5x7 Polk db's.They are rateed at 60W RMS which is what the Boston amp produces.Thursday UPS will deliver a Rockford 500.1 amp that is rated at 320Wx1 RMS@4 ohms along with the JL 10Wxv2 in a JL sealed enclosure which is rated at 300 W RMS @ 4 ohms.So the sub will be ever so slightly overpowered,which is a good thing right?
I did screw up the amp wiring kits though.I ordered two 8 Guage(single amplifier)wiring kits. I then realized I need a dual amplifier 4 guage wiring kit.
Can I still use the two(single amp) wiring kits instead of a single (two amp)wiring kit?
That's way overpowered, but you can limit the voltage at the speaker outputs of the amp by using a DMM and adjusting the gain while playing a 45 hz test tone.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f...mplifier-gain/

The amplifier is really overkill. I know you got a good deal on it, but you are still paying for 500 watts and only need 200. The system will sound good if you can take some setup and EQ advice. It's just really hard to keep straight what head/amps/speakers/subs combos everyone is using.

Best way to wire power for your 2 amps is by using 4 gauge power to a distribution block, then the 2, 8 gauge power and ground wires to the amps. Use a 100 amp fuse within 18 inches of your battery on the 4 gauge, a 60 amp fuse in the RF 8 gauge power wire, and a 20 amp fuse in the BA 8 gauge power wire.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 AM
aluminator aluminator is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 105
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
That's way overpowered, but you can limit the voltage at the speaker outputs of the amp by using a DMM and adjusting the gain while playing a 45 hz test tone.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f...mplifier-gain/

The amplifier is really overkill. I know you got a good deal on it, but you are still paying for 500 watts and only need 200. The system will sound good if you can take some setup and EQ advice. It's just really hard to keep straight what head/amps/speakers/subs combos everyone is using.

Best way to wire power for your 2 amps is by using 4 gauge power to a distribution block, then the 2, 8 gauge power and ground wires to the amps. Use a 100 amp fuse within 18 inches of your battery on the 4 gauge, a 60 amp fuse in the RF 8 gauge power wire, and a 20 amp fuse in the BA 8 gauge power wire.
I didn't think the RF amp was overkill because it produces 320W(RMS)@4 ohms and the Jl sub is rated at 300w(RMS)@4 ohms.

As for the wiring,I know that the 4guage power wire is optimal but I have already ordered two seperate 8 guage wiring kits.Can't I just run two power wires(one for each amp)?
__________________
2011 Ranger XL:2.3L 4cyl.,5spd manual,two tone cloth sport seats,03/04 grille,Black LoPro toolbox,Husky liners, Rhino liner,Kenwood BT952HD HU,Infinity Kappa Coaxials,Boston GTA 602 amp,10"JL sub,Boston GTA 500M amp
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Lightbulb Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminator View Post
I didn't think the RF amp was overkill because it produces 320W(RMS)@4 ohms and the Jl sub is rated at 300w(RMS)@4 ohms.

As for the wiring,I know that the 4guage power wire is optimal but I have already ordered two seperate 8 guage wiring kits.Can't I just run two power wires(one for each amp)?
That entry-level JL Audio 10WXv2 subwoofer is rated 50-200 watts RMS.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13610WX...v2.html?tp=111

The Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1 amplifier is rated 500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. Most people use it to power 2 - 4 ohm 250 watt RMS subwoofers wired for a 2 ohm final load to the amp.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R500....html?tp=35834

Yes, you can run 2 seperate 8 gauge lines. Do not use more than an 80 amp fuse on each line.
Reply With Quote
  #501  
Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 AM
brett20 brett20 is offline
BEASTTTT MODEEEE
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,215
Send a message via Yahoo to brett20
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post

Wire them to a mono amp that outputs 800 watts RMS @ 2 ohms, like this -
just examples - http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...C9105&g=347250
I was told to run the two positives on the sub together then the two negatives together then run the wire inside the box to its corresponding positive and negative terminal. Then bridge the positives and negatives to the subs since they both have their own hookups on the back of the box
Also I can't run em like that diagram because the box has the two subs seperatex in the same box if you get what I'm saying
__________________
2013 f150 fx4 ecoboost. Couple mods
SOLD 2002 silver frost 3.slow xlt.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 AM
SteelDirigible SteelDirigible is offline
Forget about the toe.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 461
Default Re: Show Your System

it sounds like the wiring you are describing is exactly as it is in that diagram.

and if there are separate partitions for the subs, just drill a hole in the partition to run the wire through.
__________________
Sonic Blue 2006 Ranger 4.0L 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM
brett20 brett20 is offline
BEASTTTT MODEEEE
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,215
Send a message via Yahoo to brett20
Default Re: Show Your System

I have the 2 positives connected in one box then the two negatives connected to each other ill have to take a pic and maybe try and post it
__________________
2013 f150 fx4 ecoboost. Couple mods
SOLD 2002 silver frost 3.slow xlt.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 AM
aluminator aluminator is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 105
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
That entry-level JL Audio 10WXv2 subwoofer is rated 50-200 watts RMS.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13610WX...v2.html?tp=111

The Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1 amplifier is rated 500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. Most people use it to power 2 - 4 ohm 250 watt RMS subwoofers wired for a 2 ohm final load to the amp.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R500....html?tp=35834

Yes, you can run 2 seperate 8 gauge lines. Do not use more than an 80 amp fuse on each line.
Oh,my bad this sub is a JL 10W1v2(300W RMS@4ohms).
Good to know it's doable to run two 8 guage power cables.I didn't want to wait another 7-10 days for a two amp wiring kit.

It's funny I ordered the Boston amp (2x60) from Crutchfield where I usually do business and it got here in three days.I ordered the RF mono amp and JL sub/box combo from Sonic Electronics.It's been five days and UPS just picked it up in CA.The same amp that was at Crutchfield(RF Prime 500.1)for 179.99 was at SonicElectronics for 129.99.Guess I'll wait,ha ha.

I checked my truck for wiring routes today.It's not gonna be so bad after all.I'm gonna run my power wires under my door seal on the drivers side and my remote wires the passenger side door seal,the RCA cables up the middle(under XL vinyl floor)alongside the seat's airbag wiring.I'm stoked.
__________________
2011 Ranger XL:2.3L 4cyl.,5spd manual,two tone cloth sport seats,03/04 grille,Black LoPro toolbox,Husky liners, Rhino liner,Kenwood BT952HD HU,Infinity Kappa Coaxials,Boston GTA 602 amp,10"JL sub,Boston GTA 500M amp

Last edited by aluminator; 03-12-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 AM
KyrosFactor KyrosFactor is offline
o_O
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Why not get some alpine E12's. They are on sale right now through Crutchfield.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SWE1...-SWE-1243.html
__________________
98 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Cragar Soft 8's | BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO 31x10.5x15 | Kenwood KDC-X595 Headunit | K&N Air Filter | Mustang Dome Light | 5% Tint | Nightshaded Tails and Front Turns | 4x4 Valance | 35W 6K HIDs | Herculiner Bed liner |


www.conqueringcloth.com
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 AM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Head unit



Speakers (x4)



Amp




Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
KyrosFactor KyrosFactor is offline
o_O
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Question: would it be horrible if I got a ported box for my 10 in 120 w pioneer.
__________________
98 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Cragar Soft 8's | BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO 31x10.5x15 | Kenwood KDC-X595 Headunit | K&N Air Filter | Mustang Dome Light | 5% Tint | Nightshaded Tails and Front Turns | 4x4 Valance | 35W 6K HIDs | Herculiner Bed liner |


www.conqueringcloth.com
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Question Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrosFactor View Post
Question: would it be horrible if I got a ported box for my 10 in 120 w pioneer.
What kind of music do you listen to most ?
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 03-14-2012, 06:53 AM
KyrosFactor KyrosFactor is offline
o_O
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 531
Default

Rap, hardcore metal, asking Alexandria, attack attack,
__________________
98 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Cragar Soft 8's | BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO 31x10.5x15 | Kenwood KDC-X595 Headunit | K&N Air Filter | Mustang Dome Light | 5% Tint | Nightshaded Tails and Front Turns | 4x4 Valance | 35W 6K HIDs | Herculiner Bed liner |


www.conqueringcloth.com
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
johnspalding4 johnspalding4 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 302
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrosFactor View Post
Rap, hardcore metal, asking Alexandria, attack attack,
Definitely not. I have a 10 sealed and it's perfect for that stuff (minus the rap, but then it's good )
__________________
1993 Ranger XLT. 3.0l Manual 5 speed. 3/4 drop
Inside: Sony HU | 4x Pioneer TS-G6844R | RF Prime 10in | RF p300 Amp
Outside: Magnaflow | Billet Grill | 5% rear tint | 15% front tint
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM