Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #4936  
Old 03-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Mazda0610 Mazda0610 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
Didn't know that's how much they cost. That's out of my budget lol

Yeah they're pricey. Unregulated power so you can run a smaller fuse ( calls for 80) puts out around 1600 rms at 1 ohm at 14.4v the whole unregulated power thing on this forum drives people nuts becuase they're hard on the fuse size and add a 0 to the end. The amp is basic has a lpf and gain. Plays down to 0 as hard as it plays 40hz or what ever you h e your lpf set at. Korean board manufactured in the great state of Florida
__________________
2003 Mazda B3000 Dual sport
Exterior: Plasti dipped fender flares,17x9 HELO flat back rims,33 inch terra graplers,Billet grille insert,4 inch spindles, 3 inch blocks,Bilsteins all the way around (soon to be),Kensun HIDs 8000k Bi-xenon hi/lo & fogs
Much more!
Reply With Quote
  #4937  
Old 03-22-2016, 07:05 PM
dev199505 dev199505 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 741
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernboy94 View Post
I'll definitely let you know something on that because when i do upgrade I'll be getting rid of the 4g that I got now. And I'll take a look at there subs

----------

I really don't know. I've got JLs now. Had them for some years and loved them. Definitely a more high end sub for sure. But not too damn expensive at the same time
Just let me know I can get you batteries as well I sell everything from wire lugs to batteries
Reply With Quote
  #4938  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Big 4.0 power Big 4.0 power is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,659
Default

This relates to some older posts but I got my sony radio to give some more bass by switching to "radio" and messing with the settings. Much happier
__________________
2002 xlt 4x4 Hines ward edition
Reply With Quote
  #4939  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:10 PM
southernboy94 southernboy94 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 View Post
What amp?
2800.1 VM Audio right now. Bought it off a friend brand new for $75. It beats these JLs harder than any other amp I've had on them. But I can also turn the gain all the way up and the JLs can take it without bottoming out so I really have no idea how much power the amp is pushing. If I remember correctly I believe my subs are rated at 350 rms


But I will also ending getting a new amp as well. Just not right away
__________________
2003 Xl 2wd 3.0l Flex 137k miles, 4" maxtrac spindles 2" shackles, 31x10.50 BFG TKO'S 15" Pro Comp 7031, two 12" JL W1's pushed by a 2800 watt VM Audio monoblock amp!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4940  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:16 PM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernboy94 View Post
2800.1 VM Audio right now. Bought it off a friend brand new for $75. It beats these JLs harder than any other amp I've had on them. But I can also turn the gain all the way up and the JLs can take it without bottoming out so I really have no idea how much power the amp is pushing. If I remember correctly I believe my subs are rated at 350 rms


But I will also ending getting a new amp as well. Just not right away

Well first the gain isn't a volume knob man. You should have it set and leave it. It isn't meant to be turned up especially at Max. It'll cause clipping and fry your subs. I didn't even know vm Audio made amps but I haven't heard good things about their subs and for $75 I'm gonna assume it's a "2800" watts "max" amp and say you won't be getting anywhere close to that out of it. My suggestion would be to grab two sundown b-stock e12's off of car audio bargain and you'll save enough money to get a good amp that's around 800-1000 watts RMS. I would really suggest two sa12's but you'll need closer to 2000 watts Rms and better electrical than you probably have which makes everything go up.
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #4941  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:39 PM
southernboy94 southernboy94 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 View Post
Well first the gain isn't a volume knob man. You should have it set and leave it. It isn't meant to be turned up especially at Max. It'll cause clipping and fry your subs. I didn't even know vm Audio made amps but I haven't heard good things about their subs and for $75 I'm gonna assume it's a "2800" watts "max" amp and say you won't be getting anywhere close to that out of it. My suggestion would be to grab two sundown b-stock e12's off of car audio bargain and you'll save enough money to get a good amp that's around 800-1000 watts RMS. I would really suggest two sa12's but you'll need closer to 2000 watts Rms and better electrical than you probably have which makes everything go up.
oh yeah I know it's not really pushing 2800. It was just a cheap buy at the time when I needed it. I'll take a look at those sundowns. Always heard good things about them
__________________
2003 Xl 2wd 3.0l Flex 137k miles, 4" maxtrac spindles 2" shackles, 31x10.50 BFG TKO'S 15" Pro Comp 7031, two 12" JL W1's pushed by a 2800 watt VM Audio monoblock amp!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4942  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:42 PM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernboy94 View Post
oh yeah I know it's not really pushing 2800. It was just a cheap buy at the time when I needed it. I'll take a look at those sundowns. Always heard good things about them

Lot of people hate on sundown, but lots of people run them and love them. I had a sa12 and I loved it. I had it in a sealed box (which sundown hates) and only on 300 watts. (Rated 600) but they can take 1200+ as long as it's clean. It sounded amazing. Wish I wouldn't have sold it.
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #4943  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:48 PM
southernboy94 southernboy94 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 View Post
Lot of people hate on sundown, but lots of people run them and love them. I had a sa12 and I loved it. I had it in a sealed box (which sundown hates) and only on 300 watts. (Rated 600) but they can take 1200+ as long as it's clean. It sounded amazing. Wish I wouldn't have sold it.
those e12v2 are pretty cheap too. I'm gonna look around some more before I just jump the gun on some though. I came across some power acoustik MOFOS last night for a decent price and they seemed to have some good reviews. I've known a couple of people who ran with power acoustik subs and loved them.
__________________
2003 Xl 2wd 3.0l Flex 137k miles, 4" maxtrac spindles 2" shackles, 31x10.50 BFG TKO'S 15" Pro Comp 7031, two 12" JL W1's pushed by a 2800 watt VM Audio monoblock amp!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4944  
Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 PM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernboy94 View Post
those e12v2 are pretty cheap too. I'm gonna look around some more before I just jump the gun on some though. I came across some power acoustik MOFOS last night for a decent price and they seemed to have some good reviews. I've known a couple of people who ran with power acoustik subs and loved them.

E12>mofo
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #4945  
Old 03-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Mazda0610 Mazda0610 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Show Your System

Had an e8v3 at 1 ohm . Don't know why the power was like guessing around 800 watts. As it was 634 at 2 ohm. Beast. Loved it. Put it in my parents escalde ext to test how it sounded in bigger vehicles and rattled the whole damn thing
__________________
2003 Mazda B3000 Dual sport
Exterior: Plasti dipped fender flares,17x9 HELO flat back rims,33 inch terra graplers,Billet grille insert,4 inch spindles, 3 inch blocks,Bilsteins all the way around (soon to be),Kensun HIDs 8000k Bi-xenon hi/lo & fogs
Much more!
Reply With Quote
  #4946  
Old 03-22-2016, 10:27 PM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Love my Sundown gear, no complaints so far.

Can't wait to these electrical upgrades done to feed it all moar powah!
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #4947  
Old 03-22-2016, 10:51 PM
dev199505 dev199505 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 741
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
Love my Sundown gear, no complaints so far.

Can't wait to these electrical upgrades done to feed it all moar powah!
What you need done for electrical?
Reply With Quote
  #4948  
Old 03-22-2016, 10:53 PM
southernboy94 southernboy94 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 415
Default

Damn all you guys like sundown huh...hell I may just pull the trigger on 2 e12v2s then. I need to find me a good box first though.
__________________
2003 Xl 2wd 3.0l Flex 137k miles, 4" maxtrac spindles 2" shackles, 31x10.50 BFG TKO'S 15" Pro Comp 7031, two 12" JL W1's pushed by a 2800 watt VM Audio monoblock amp!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4949  
Old 03-22-2016, 11:20 PM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev199505 View Post
What you need done for electrical?
I'm upgrading from a 170 amp mechman i've had the last three years to a 250 amp model from them.

I went with 2 ga. all around with that alternator (biggest weak spot, cheaped out) now i will be using 2/0 welding cable.

Changing how i terminate at my batteries, going from set screws to crimped eyelets.

Cables are 75% made up already, should cut install time down significantly.

i want to be able to hold in the mid-high 13's voltage at full tilt, sitting at low-mid 12's now.
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures

Last edited by Markous; 03-22-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4950  
Old 03-22-2016, 11:25 PM
dev199505 dev199505 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 741
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
I'm upgrading from a 170 amp mechman i've had the last three years to a 250 amp model from them.

I went with 2 ga. all around with that alternator (biggest weak spot, cheaped out) now i will be using 2/0 welding cable.

Changing how i terminate at my batteries, going from set screws to crimped eyelets.

Cables are 75% made up already, should cut install time down significantly.

i want to be able to hold in the mid-high 13's voltage at full tilt
I sell stinger set screw terminals $10 +shipping I can also get you speaker wire and batteries cheap if you need anything
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM