Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #4741  
Old 03-04-2016, 08:41 PM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

I doubt it's the same. Mine being a 2008 and you're being so much newer
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #4742  
Old 03-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Got the taxes done the other day so it's upgrade season!

Not upgrading any of my current audio gear though, i'm gonna add an equalizer to the setup though.

Not having a deck to tune from is one the drawbacks of my setup.

Think i'm going to use an Audiocontrol EQS after the Matrix i already have in the system.

Also upgrading the alternator, Mechman has a $399 sale (regularly $599) going on for their 250A elite series model with that i'm going to have to go up a size in the wiring dept. to 0 ga. which is something i cheaped out on last time (went with 2ga.)

Just wish our dollar was a little stronger, paying about an extra 25-30% for everything is a real kick in the dick
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures

Last edited by Markous; 03-05-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4743  
Old 03-05-2016, 09:08 PM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
What does the plug look like? This one is a long tube like thing
image-3645543192.jpg Id have to figure out how I'd bypass it cause when I unplug them I loose all audio

Just saw the pics, they didn't load when I first saw it. Yea mine looks completely different. Mine goes behind the rear seats
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #4744  
Old 03-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Snake Doctor Snake Doctor is offline
Smoke eater
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 122
Default Re: Show Your System

Alpine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4045.JPG (33.0 KB, 17 views)
__________________
2003 XLT/Fx4 4.0
4x4 3in lift,
multi-color interior floor lighting, under glow lighting, 24" light bar
ACP112LG-TW1 sub-woofer
rail caps, Viper remote start, tonneau cover.
Reply With Quote
  #4745  
Old 03-05-2016, 09:52 PM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
Got the taxes done the other day so it's upgrade season! Not upgrading any of my current audio gear though, i'm gonna add an equalizer to the setup though. Not having a deck to tune from is one the drawbacks of my setup. Think i'm going to use an Audiocontrol EQS after the Matrix i already have in the system. Also upgrading the alternator, Mechman has a $399 sale (regularly $599) going on for their 250A elite series model with that i'm going to have to go up a size in the wiring dept. to 0 ga. which is something i cheaped out on last time (went with 2ga.) Just wish our dollar was a little stronger, paying about an extra 25-30% for everything is a real kick in the dick
welding cable ftw.
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #4746  
Old 03-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 View Post
welding cable ftw.
Also thought of goin with 2/0 welding cable, it's about the same size as car audio 1/0 as far as i know.

Definitely save some cash going that route.

Something to ponder the next week or so before i make a decision.
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #4747  
Old 03-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Mazda0610 Mazda0610 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
Also thought of goin with 2/0 welding cable, it's about the same size as car audio 1/0 as far as i know.



Definitely save some cash going that route.



Something to ponder the next week or so before i make a decision.

Well depending on who go through. I know sky high and knu have thick ass 1:0 then sky highs 2/0 is the same as 4/0 from knu and welding cabke
__________________
2003 Mazda B3000 Dual sport
Exterior: Plasti dipped fender flares,17x9 HELO flat back rims,33 inch terra graplers,Billet grille insert,4 inch spindles, 3 inch blocks,Bilsteins all the way around (soon to be),Kensun HIDs 8000k Bi-xenon hi/lo & fogs
Much more!
Reply With Quote
  #4748  
Old 03-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda0610 View Post
Well depending on who go through. I know sky high and knu have thick ass 1:0 then sky highs 2/0 is the same as 4/0 from knu and welding cabke
I'll shop around for welding cable locally, copper ain't light and shipping to up here ain't cheap.

I was just looking at some AWG charts and yeah i might end up looking at 3/0 welding cable to find something that matches cross sectional area of car audio 1/0 don't think i'll have to go much bigger than that.
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #4749  
Old 03-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Mazda0610 Mazda0610 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
I'll shop around for welding cable locally, copper ain't light and shipping to up here ain't cheap.

I was just looking at some AWG charts and yeah i might end up looking at 3/0 welding cable to find something that matches cross sectional area of car audio 1/0 don't think i'll have to go much bigger than that.

Only thing I've seen is better flexibility out of audio stuff
__________________
2003 Mazda B3000 Dual sport
Exterior: Plasti dipped fender flares,17x9 HELO flat back rims,33 inch terra graplers,Billet grille insert,4 inch spindles, 3 inch blocks,Bilsteins all the way around (soon to be),Kensun HIDs 8000k Bi-xenon hi/lo & fogs
Much more!
Reply With Quote
  #4750  
Old 03-06-2016, 07:46 AM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
Id have to figure out how I'd bypass it cause when I unplug them I loose all audio Just saw the pics, they didn't load when I first saw it. Yea mine looks completely different. Mine goes behind the rear seats
Yeah this has its own amp in it. 1 single plug.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda0610 View Post
Well depending on who go through. I know sky high and knu have thick ass 1:0 then sky highs 2/0 is the same as 4/0 from knu and welding cabke
I'm getting sky high 4 gauge for amp and sky high 0 gauge for the big 3.
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #4751  
Old 03-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Mazda0610 Mazda0610 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
Yeah this has its own amp in it. 1 single plug.

----------



I'm getting sky high 4 gauge for amp and sky high 0 gauge for the big 3.

Smart. I have knu for 1/0 and sky high for the amps. Like sky high more
__________________
2003 Mazda B3000 Dual sport
Exterior: Plasti dipped fender flares,17x9 HELO flat back rims,33 inch terra graplers,Billet grille insert,4 inch spindles, 3 inch blocks,Bilsteins all the way around (soon to be),Kensun HIDs 8000k Bi-xenon hi/lo & fogs
Much more!
Reply With Quote
  #4752  
Old 03-06-2016, 09:14 AM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda0610 View Post
Smart. I have knu for 1/0 and sky high for the amps. Like sky high more
Ofc or cca?
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #4753  
Old 03-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Mazda0610 Mazda0610 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
Ofc or cca?
All ofc. Knus ofc is tinned. Sky high is beautiful copper.
__________________
2003 Mazda B3000 Dual sport
Exterior: Plasti dipped fender flares,17x9 HELO flat back rims,33 inch terra graplers,Billet grille insert,4 inch spindles, 3 inch blocks,Bilsteins all the way around (soon to be),Kensun HIDs 8000k Bi-xenon hi/lo & fogs
Much more!
Reply With Quote
  #4754  
Old 03-06-2016, 12:18 PM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda0610 View Post
All ofc. Knus ofc is tinned. Sky high is beautiful copper.
Sky high is cheap too
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #4755  
Old 03-06-2016, 02:55 PM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Might trade my skar vvx15 for a kicker L7 12 in a ported box. Could probably put that in the truck with the rear single seat flipped up and then sell it down the road. I wish I had more room
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM