Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #3916  
Old 01-28-2015, 10:05 AM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
do you have the model number for your subs and amp?
no. I can't pop open the box. All I know is they are Rockford Punchi 2's
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3917  
Old 01-28-2015, 10:07 AM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,277
Default

Well my thought is that your amp might not be 1 ohm stable and it would burn it up eventually, aside from blowing your speakers.
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #3918  
Old 01-28-2015, 10:31 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
no. I can't pop open the box. All I know is they are Rockford Punchi 2's
Should be 300rms. 10's?
Reply With Quote
  #3919  
Old 01-28-2015, 10:36 AM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
Should be 300rms. 10's?
yea 10"s

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
Well my thought is that your amp might not be 1 ohm stable and it would burn it up eventually, aside from blowing your speakers.
I think it's 4.5 ohms. No idea. I'll find the link to it
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3920  
Old 01-28-2015, 01:40 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Linky===> http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-A56.../dp/B00H57V47O
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3921  
Old 01-28-2015, 02:58 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

It is a 2 ch amp and I do not believe it is stable when bridged to under a 4 ohm load.
Reply With Quote
  #3922  
Old 01-28-2015, 04:13 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
It is a 2 ch amp and I do not believe it is stable when bridged to under a 4 ohm load.
alright. I'll leave it the way it is
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3923  
Old 01-28-2015, 04:49 PM
NewShockerGuy NewShockerGuy is offline
2001 XLT
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,013
Arrow Re: Show Your System

Put in my Avic D3.... Been sitting in the basement for like 3-4 years now so figured why not install it...lol

Wasn't a bad install. Looks decent and changed the background images. Able to match the factory colors so it all looks oem for the most part. I dig it. Have in my STi since 07..lol Pretty dependable unit.

I upgraded the speaker a year or so ago so I can really tell a difference now in sound compared to stock.

-Nigel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford ranger radio.jpg (89.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg ford ranger radio2.jpg (27.2 KB, 33 views)
__________________
_____

2001 Ranger XLT 2.3L Auto: Bunch of misc mods.
Little lift: 4" Spindle Lift w/ 2" shackles and 2" oem blocks.OEM Ranger Sport Wheels: Tires=245x75x16

~NSG~
Reply With Quote
  #3924  
Old 01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
bsc89 bsc89 is offline
2011 ranger fx4
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
Default

Just down graded to something smaller recently, does the job and saves on space, not comparable to what I had previously but sounds good enough for me inside when I'm driving
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3132527445.jpg (70.8 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3925  
Old 01-28-2015, 04:59 PM
bsc89 bsc89 is offline
2011 ranger fx4
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
Default

Another photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-4274524801.jpg (55.6 KB, 39 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3926  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:36 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Here's my set up. It's a major mess right now but yea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-148759425.jpg (55.1 KB, 39 views)
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3927  
Old 01-28-2015, 06:36 PM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
Here's my set up. It's a major mess right now but yea
I have the same amp. Have u had any problems with yours? One of the terminals on mine quit working
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #3928  
Old 01-28-2015, 07:01 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 View Post
I have the same amp. Have u had any problems with yours? One of the terminals on mine quit working
besides the fact that I shorted it out today and a ball of flames came up? No none at all. Lol. I was cleaning up back there and the positive came off so I went to reattach it and the cable touched the metal Casing of the amp. It sparked a some flames.

But it still works. No damage. No blown fuse.....which makes me question the fuses in it.....the only only problem I have is that I feel like it gets to hot. It gets warm. But I don't like that. A cool amp is a good one as I always say. I'm going to build a platform back there that shit on top of the subs.i need do mount the sub off the carpet. Maybe I'll just build a platform for the sub to sit on so its not on the carpet.
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3929  
Old 01-28-2015, 08:56 PM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
besides the fact that I shorted it out today and a ball of flames came up? No none at all. Lol. I was cleaning up back there and the positive came off so I went to reattach it and the cable touched the metal Casing of the amp. It sparked a some flames. But it still works. No damage. No blown fuse.....which makes me question the fuses in it.....the only only problem I have is that I feel like it gets to hot. It gets warm. But I don't like that. A cool amp is a good one as I always say. I'm going to build a platform back there that shit on top of the subs.i need do mount the sub off the carpet. Maybe I'll just build a platform for the sub to sit on so its not on the carpet.
yes mine gets too hot to. I just turn the air on or turn it down usually. And I've also had that happen except my ground fell on the positive....it was smoking and sparking and started melting the screw....lol but that was after the terminal quit working. I don't even know what caused that.
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #3930  
Old 01-28-2015, 09:01 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 View Post
yes mine gets too hot to. I just turn the air on or turn it down usually. And I've also had that happen except my ground fell on the positive....it was smoking and sparking and started melting the screw....lol but that was after the terminal quit working. I don't even know what caused that.
strange. I'm thinking about maybe installing a fan for it. I've got some laying around from old computers.
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM