Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #3871  
Old 01-04-2015, 08:25 PM
1994xltHolton 1994xltHolton is offline
F150/ranger owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
Hey guys. So the cold season is here. -15 today. I know rubber gets stif in the cold. Should I not use my subs in the cold until the cab warms up?
I would
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd 3.SLOW! Bauce Edition No cats ftw Super 44 Dumped
Mods:Build Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin-20 View Post
There aint nothing more manly then a purple truck..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Oh. My. God.
Two purples..... -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
matthewticus purpliticus
Reply With Quote
  #3872  
Old 01-04-2015, 09:22 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994xltHolton View Post
I would
thanks
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3873  
Old 01-05-2015, 02:34 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
Hey guys. So the cold season is here. -15 today. I know rubber gets stif in the cold. Should I not use my subs in the cold until the cab warms up?
As long as they were properly broken in when new, they should be fine.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993WIFordRanger View Post
I think i am going to be getting Dual BP1204 12" 1100 watt illumination Bandpass Subwoofers & also upgrading my speakers to Kicker 07DS680 6x8" coax speakers this summer. I will for sure be doing the speakers, but not sure if i want to spend the money on the subs. Do any of you guys know if these are any good??
You get what you pay for. The Kicker DS speakers do not qualify as an upgrade, in my opinion. The Dual bandpass setup will not handle a true 1100 watt signal, so don't go by that. If you want low frequency sound, do not get a bandpass system. It will probably play 50-80 hz real loud but not much output below 45-50 hz.
Reply With Quote
  #3874  
Old 01-05-2015, 04:25 AM
ranger024x4 ranger024x4 is offline
dumpster fire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,307
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993WIFordRanger View Post
Dual BP1204 12" 1100 watt illumination Bandpass Subwoofers
Its been a while since Ive heard a set. I owned the older version of this setup 10 years ago when I was a complete noob. I dont remember them sounding terrible for the price (I paid 100 used).. As a matter of fact, I remember always despising the way bandpass setups sound, but was impressed at how decent these were for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
The Dual bandpass setup will not handle a true 1100 watt signal.
no shit, it says 600rms in the specs.
__________________

2012 Buick Regal GS- 6mt
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo- the wifes daily
1989 300zx twin turbo- has a few things done
1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer.. 351 4x4.. project
Reply With Quote
  #3875  
Old 01-05-2015, 07:02 AM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger024x4 View Post
Its been a while since Ive heard a set. I owned the older version of this setup 10 years ago when I was a complete noob. I dont remember them sounding terrible for the price (I paid 100 used).. As a matter of fact, I remember always despising the way bandpass setups sound, but was impressed at how decent these were for the money. no shit, it says 600rms in the specs.
dual = shittttttt
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3876  
Old 01-05-2015, 07:16 AM
ranger024x4 ranger024x4 is offline
dumpster fire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,307
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
dual = shittttttt
you had issues hooking up a system just a few weeks ago, so your opinion doesn't mean anything to me.

----------

in a slight change of subject... Im almost finished collecting stuff for my 'budget' system for the cobalt! Just need some dynomat and components. Looking at CDT brand components
__________________

2012 Buick Regal GS- 6mt
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo- the wifes daily
1989 300zx twin turbo- has a few things done
1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer.. 351 4x4.. project

Last edited by ranger024x4; 01-05-2015 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3877  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:15 AM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger024x4 View Post
you had issues hooking up a system just a few weeks ago, so your opinion doesn't mean anything to me. ---------- in a slight change of subject... Im almost finished collecting stuff for my 'budget' system for the cobalt! Just need some dynomat and components. Looking at CDT brand components
no issues. Just couldn't find the wire on the back of my stereo for The remote wire

----------

And still. Dual equals shittttttt :P
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3878  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:23 AM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Duel isn't the best. It's down toward the bottom. But for someone starting out and on. Buget, why not? It silk add some bass to the system. The kicker ds aren't bad. I have all 4 in my truck. I must say though if your gonna run the kickers, run them off an amp. Totally changes how hey preform and I love them after I amped them. The pioneers from Walmart are pretty good speakers if your running off the headunit. As for the Subs, the duels in those boxes sound much better then the kicker one in the box you can get at Walmart. Those kicker subs suck. The boxes no matter what you do rattle. The duels atleast will add bass to your system and you can always upgrade from there. Me personally I love the alpine amps and subs. They aren't cheap. But sound amazing. Even the type s series from alpine is a great sub. My buddy has a 10 in his ranger and a kicker 250.1 and it sounds great. A lot louder then my alpine type R 8 with my alpine Mrv m250.
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #3879  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:27 AM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
Duel isn't the best. It's down toward the bottom. But for someone starting out and on. Buget, why not? It silk add some bass to the system. The kicker ds aren't bad. I have all 4 in my truck. I must say though if your gonna run the kickers, run them off an amp. Totally changes how hey preform and I love them after I amped them. The pioneers from Walmart are pretty good speakers if your running off the headunit. As for the Subs, the duels in those boxes sound much better then the kicker one in the box you can get at Walmart. Those kicker subs suck. The boxes no matter what you do rattle. The duels atleast will add bass to your system and you can always upgrade from there. Me personally I love the alpine amps and subs. They aren't cheap. But sound amazing. Even the type s series from alpine is a great sub. My buddy has a 10 in his ranger and a kicker 250.1 and it sounds great. A lot louder then my alpine type R 8 with my alpine Mrv m250.
Gota start somewhere
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #3880  
Old 01-05-2015, 08:29 AM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...rt-OWC304.html


I've got one of these. Ordered it for my jeep mud truck. And got a prefab box. Sounds great and I really like it. Could be an alternative to the duels your looking at.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
Gota start somewhere

Yep. I've swapped my stuff many times. Used to have a pioneer ib flat 12 in my truck. Still have the sub. But it didn't sound all that great to me. Then went to 2 12s in the bed and then my alpine type R 8 and am not switching it now. If anything I'm gonna swap the alpine amp for the Mrv m500 that I have.
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #3881  
Old 01-05-2015, 10:18 AM
FORD4LIFE9876 FORD4LIFE9876 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 956
Default

My first sub was a 12" dual and it acctually sounded great and I also had a dual head unit. But for the sub after about a week of me having it (I bought it used from a friend) I had it too loud and blew the sub lol. I then got a audiobahn 10 from another friend and that's what I currently have and I love it. Also I have upgraded to a pioneer head unit which is better than the dual but for the price the dual was great. U have to start somewhere and dual is pretty good in my opinion for a budget. (Just know the subs limits )
__________________
2000 ford ranger trailhead. 1985 k10 blazer 4x4
3.0 v6. 11" lift
2wd 40" tires
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights
Reply With Quote
  #3882  
Old 01-05-2015, 10:20 AM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 View Post
My first sub was a 12" dual and it acctually sounded great and I also had a dual head unit. But for the sub after about a week of me having it (I bought it used from a friend) I had it too loud and blew the sub lol. I then got a audiobahn 10 from another friend and that's what I currently have and I love it. Also I have upgraded to a pioneer head unit which is better than the dual but for the price the dual was great. U have to start somewhere and dual is pretty good in my opinion for a budget. (Just know the subs limits )

Any sub has its limits. Clipping is the major killer.
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #3883  
Old 01-05-2015, 10:29 AM
ranger024x4 ranger024x4 is offline
dumpster fire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,307
Default Re: Show Your System

My first amp arrives today... elemental designs nine.1
__________________

2012 Buick Regal GS- 6mt
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo- the wifes daily
1989 300zx twin turbo- has a few things done
1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer.. 351 4x4.. project
Reply With Quote
  #3884  
Old 01-06-2015, 11:26 AM
ranger024x4 ranger024x4 is offline
dumpster fire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,307
Default Re: Show Your System

eD nine.1 vs audiopipe apsm-1300

Ignore the wiring disaster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.0 KB, 43 views)
__________________

2012 Buick Regal GS- 6mt
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo- the wifes daily
1989 300zx twin turbo- has a few things done
1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer.. 351 4x4.. project
Reply With Quote
  #3885  
Old 01-07-2015, 04:50 AM
vulcan2000 vulcan2000 is offline
Ranger!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 715
Default

Just my two 12s

Small hairtrick on 2 12's: http://youtu.be/0bczG241SOE
__________________
Brandon

2000 Ford ranger 4x4 steppie 3.0
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Cooper Discoverer AT'3 265/75/16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM