Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #2941  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:00 PM
vulcan2000 vulcan2000 is offline
Ranger!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post

You could get a SMD DD-1 to be absolutely sure about setting gains

Or you could just use Ohms law, take your RMS wattage of your speaker multiply that by the impedance load (ohms) you are wired to and take tha square root of the final number.

That is the peak AC voltage you want coming out of your speaker outputs on the amplifier at your highest played volume.

I used ohm law before i got the DD-1 and i was set to high on the gain, about two thickness of the blade tip of the small flathead screwdriver.
I just picked up a dd-1 and I love it already helped a few friends. Oh and chive on man!
__________________
Brandon

2000 Ford ranger 4x4 steppie 3.0
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Cooper Discoverer AT'3 265/75/16
Reply With Quote
  #2942  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Chive on, vulcan2000!

I know the CC-1 & IM-SG are next on my list.

The AMM-1 will be mine some day too!
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #2943  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:10 PM
vulcan2000 vulcan2000 is offline
Ranger!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 715
Default Re: Show Your System

Incase anyone is planning on buying a dd-1 use this coupon code for $10 off (SMDDD1) which brings the total down to $139.99 on wccaraudio.com
__________________
Brandon

2000 Ford ranger 4x4 steppie 3.0
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Cooper Discoverer AT'3 265/75/16
Reply With Quote
  #2944  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:00 PM
DustyXB DustyXB is offline
Everybody Loves Me
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,594
Default

Yay Chive!!
__________________
1993 Twin stick XLT 4.0L. 3.73 8.8LS LED's here and there. Plasti-dip lower half. Sony HU. Image Dynamic 5x7 all around. 12" Sony sub. 200,000 club
Build Thread
Reply With Quote
  #2945  
Old 01-24-2014, 11:25 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
You could get a SMD DD-1 to be absolutely sure about setting gains Or you could just use Ohms law, take your RMS wattage of your speaker multiply that by the impedance load (ohms) you are wired to and take tha square root of the final number. That is the peak AC voltage you want coming out of your speaker outputs on the amplifier at your highest played volume. I used ohm law before i got the DD-1 and i was set to high on the gain, about two thickness of the blade tip of the small flathead screwdriveR i was using to set things. Ignore the bass boost setting on your amplifier, all it does it help create distortion. If you want more bass get a bigger or multiple subs
Awesome !
Reply With Quote
  #2946  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:02 AM
JDeere710J JDeere710J is offline
Ford Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 116
Default Re: Show Your System

Question for the car audio dudes,

I have 2 Sundown X12 D2s(1250 watts rms)...At first I bought a SAZ-2500D, and planned to run both subs off that one amp, but now, I've decided to get (2) SAZ-1500D's and feed each sub its own amp...now do I strap the amps or run them seperately? Let me know if you need more info.

box specs 2.75 cubes per chamber, ported and tuned to 32 hz.

2 X12 D2's
2 Sundown 1500D's
1 yellow top under hood, 1 Optima Blue top in back
2 runs of 1/0 wiring
1 270 amp alt

I still have the SAZ-2500D, its unused but figured the 2 SAZ-1500D's would be better.
__________________
'03 EDGE lifted 3.0, 33x12.5s, 3.5 inch spindle lift + T-bar crank, stock rear

Last edited by JDeere710J; 01-25-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2947  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 AM
vulcan2000 vulcan2000 is offline
Ranger!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere710J View Post
Question for the car audio dudes,

I have 2 Sundown X12 D2s(1250 watts rms)...At first I bought a SAZ-2500D, and planned to run both subs off that one amp, but now, I've decided to get (2) SAZ-1500D's and feed each sub its own amp...now do I strap the amps or run them seperately? Let me know if you need more info.

box specs 2.75 cubes per chamber, ported and tuned to 32 hz.

2 X12 D2's
2 Sundown 1500D's
1 yellow top under hood, 1 Optima Blue top in back
2 runs of 1/0 wiring
1 270 amp alt

I still have the SAZ-2500D, its unused but figured the 2 SAZ-1500D's would be better.
I would strap at 2 ohms unless you have access to a cc-1 (I think) so you can match the gains on both amps,

You might want to consider building a bigger battery reserve too
__________________
Brandon

2000 Ford ranger 4x4 steppie 3.0
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Cooper Discoverer AT'3 265/75/16
Reply With Quote
  #2948  
Old 01-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Whiston Whiston is offline
4 litre dirt bike hauler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 257
Default Re: Show Your System

I would strap at a half ohm, but I like to live dangerously.
__________________
2006 Sport 4.0 4x4

Bernese Mountain Chauffeur
Reply With Quote
  #2949  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:01 PM
727Designs 727Designs is offline
Car Audio N00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere710J View Post
Question for the car audio dudes,

I have 2 Sundown X12 D2s(1250 watts rms)...At first I bought a SAZ-2500D, and planned to run both subs off that one amp, but now, I've decided to get (2) SAZ-1500D's and feed each sub its own amp...now do I strap the amps or run them seperately? Let me know if you need more info.

box specs 2.75 cubes per chamber, ported and tuned to 32 hz.

2 X12 D2's
2 Sundown 1500D's
1 yellow top under hood, 1 Optima Blue top in back
2 runs of 1/0 wiring
1 270 amp alt

I still have the SAZ-2500D, its unused but figured the 2 SAZ-1500D's would be better.

From my experience I'd run 1 ohm per amp gain matched. Strapping seems to be a hair quieter on the meter.
__________________
-Zach/727Designs-
2012 USACi SPL Mod 0-1000 GA State Record Holder
1988 Honda CRX Si - IASCA Stock Hatchback/Wagon 2
2000 Ford Expedition - IASCA Adv3/Heavyweight 160dB+ -SOLD-
Reply With Quote
  #2950  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:50 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

So hard to perfectly match gains and settings on 2 amps. Potential for cancellation between subs.
Reply With Quote
  #2951  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:15 PM
imaprobowler imaprobowler is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,496
Default

image-3463315267.jpg
__________________
Tim IRONMAN "The bowler" Eagle Scout
1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2.5l 5spd N/A std cab
Lowered 4/6, Intake, Exhaust, Centerlines, and BFG T/A's. Much more
Kicker speakers and 10" Kicker sub with 1,220 watts.
2.3 turbo being built; the Ranger with the iron lung.

1984 Porsche 944 N/A (totaled by old grandma)
Reply With Quote
  #2952  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:47 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaprobowler View Post
1220 watts you say ? Gotta be the toughest 10" Kicker subwoofer on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #2953  
Old 01-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
So hard to perfectly match gains and settings on 2 amps. Potential for cancellation between subs.
With the SMD CC-1 it would be easy, it has a gain matching mode built in to it.

Details start at 1:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0m9OJbkV8Q
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #2954  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:36 PM
tomdmcpwn tomdmcpwn is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
1220 watts you say ? Gotta be the toughest 10" Kicker subwoofer on the planet.
Lol
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT | 3.0L | 2WD | Thrush Welded Muffler | Alpine Sub | HIDs
Reply With Quote
  #2955  
Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
With the SMD CC-1 it would be easy, it has a gain matching mode built in to it.

Details start at 1:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0m9OJbkV8Q
Pretty dang cool !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM