Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #2551  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyXB View Post
That sounds like a good idea but also a terrible one lol leaves an open end for moisture and shit to get in. Sent from my GS3 using FRF App

This.

Not a good idea at all
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #2552  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SVT SRT DIESEL SS Ra
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13,575
Default Re: Show Your System

And his username is AmericanPride -_-
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceStuart View Post
You voted for Airbag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
aren't they all airbags?
Reply With Quote
  #2553  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
And his username is AmericanPride -_-
'Murica
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #2554  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:12 PM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,658
Default

image-581162700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using FRF App
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #2555  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:13 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Show Your System

Yes because a butt connector is water tight when used on both ends. Lol

A guy with 27 years exp in the custom car audio industry taught me that
Reply With Quote
  #2556  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:17 PM
hergy916 hergy916 is offline
18k miles and climbing.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 344
Default

It's actually a good way to make connections. Wire to wire with no heat. As for the open end collecting moisture, if that is happening, you have bigger problems.
__________________
2001 XLT, 3.0, 18k miles, stock???
www.streamline-audio.com
Reply With Quote
  #2557  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:17 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by hergy916 View Post
As for the open end collecting moisture, if that is happening, you have bigger problems.
Exactly
Reply With Quote
  #2558  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
Yes because a butt connector is water tight when used on both ends. Lol A guy with 27 years exp in the custom car audio industry taught me that

The heat shrink butt connectors are water tight. 5 seconds of reading the box while standing in the Walmart auto-electrical section taught me that.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #2559  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:22 PM
DustyXB DustyXB is offline
Everybody Loves Me
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hergy916 View Post
It's actually a good way to make connections. Wire to wire with no heat. As for the open end collecting moisture, if that is happening, you have bigger problems.
Ever fog up the windows?... moisture.


No homo. Cali member. Lol

Sent from my GS3 using FRF App
__________________
1993 Twin stick XLT 4.0L. 3.73 8.8LS LED's here and there. Plasti-dip lower half. Sony HU. Image Dynamic 5x7 all around. 12" Sony sub. 200,000 club
Build Thread
Reply With Quote
  #2560  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
The heat shrink butt connectors are water tight. 5 seconds of reading the box while standing in the Walmart auto-electrical section taught me that.
Those are damn near never used in shops. Especially high volume shops who want you busting out stuff asap. I never said it was the best way, but when you use them in a shop it's handy later
Reply With Quote
  #2561  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:29 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SVT SRT DIESEL SS Ra
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13,575
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
Those are damn near never used in shops. Especially high volume shops who want you busting out stuff asap. I never said it was the best way, but when you use them in a shop it's handy later
Why are you still talking
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceStuart View Post
You voted for Airbag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
aren't they all airbags?
Reply With Quote
  #2562  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:31 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Show Your System

What are dumba$$es still arguing what thousands of shops across the country do?
Reply With Quote
  #2563  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
Those are damn near never used in shops. Especially high volume shops who want you busting out stuff asap. I never said it was the best way, but when you use them in a shop it's handy later
It's handy later so you have customers that come back due to the hack wiring job and you can charge $$$ to "fix" the problem


This is why I install my own stuff.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #2564  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:33 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SVT SRT DIESEL SS Ra
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13,575
Default Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
What are dumba$$es still arguing what thousands of shops across the country do?
You said yourself "busting out stuff ASAP" and "not the best way"

Stop already

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
It's handy later so you have customers that come back due to the hack wiring job and you can charge $$$ to "fix" the problem
X2
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceStuart View Post
You voted for Airbag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
aren't they all airbags?
Reply With Quote
  #2565  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
You said yourself "busting out" and "not best way"

Stop already
I never said it was the best way. A lot of people use standard butt connectors and I said...if you do this way is handy. Why do you feel the need to be a D bag to feel superior?

----------

Must be the nismo mindset
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM