Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #2401  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 PM
727Designs 727Designs is offline
Car Audio N00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDM View Post
Anyone ever ordered speakers from sonicelectronix.com? Because I can get some Pioneer Premier 6x8s for $69.99 a set before shipping from there and $129.99 a set at a local shop. Is sonicelectronix reputable?

----------

And here's some roof flex. http://youtu.be/DwaUo_wETA4
Sonic is reputable, I'm not sure how the local shop is double we can sell Pioneer for nearly the same price as Sonic. Someone seems greedy.
__________________
-Zach/727Designs-
2012 USACi SPL Mod 0-1000 GA State Record Holder
1988 Honda CRX Si - IASCA Stock Hatchback/Wagon 2
2000 Ford Expedition - IASCA Adv3/Heavyweight 160dB+ -SOLD-
Reply With Quote
  #2402  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM
IDM IDM is offline
Possible 331 build?
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727Designs View Post

Sonic is reputable, I'm not sure how the local shop is double we can sell Pioneer for nearly the same price as Sonic. Someone seems greedy.
Local shop. PM me a price man. I'll get you a model number.
__________________
1996 Ranger XLT | 2.3L 5 speed | 6/6 dropped | Nittos on Terminators

2000 Explorer XLT | 5.0L AOD | Sold

1993 Ranger XLT | 302 swapped. | 5/4 dropped. | Sold
Reply With Quote
  #2403  
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 PM
tomdmcpwn tomdmcpwn is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,631
Default

My sub came from sonix. 82% off and fast shipping.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT | 3.0L | 2WD | Thrush Welded Muffler | Alpine Sub | HIDs
Reply With Quote
  #2404  
Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 AM
IDM IDM is offline
Possible 331 build?
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdmcpwn View Post
My sub came from sonix. 82% off and fast shipping.
How long have you had it?
__________________
1996 Ranger XLT | 2.3L 5 speed | 6/6 dropped | Nittos on Terminators

2000 Explorer XLT | 5.0L AOD | Sold

1993 Ranger XLT | 302 swapped. | 5/4 dropped. | Sold
Reply With Quote
  #2405  
Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 AM
tomdmcpwn tomdmcpwn is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,631
Default

A few months now I'd say.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT | 3.0L | 2WD | Thrush Welded Muffler | Alpine Sub | HIDs
Reply With Quote
  #2406  
Old 10-15-2013, 05:05 PM
727Designs 727Designs is offline
Car Audio N00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDM View Post
Local shop. PM me a price man. I'll get you a model number.
Message me, it may take me a little while to see it as I'm not on here much. You can hit me up on facebook which is typically faster.


http://www.facebook.com/ztaylorxc

----------

26hz anyone?

__________________
-Zach/727Designs-
2012 USACi SPL Mod 0-1000 GA State Record Holder
1988 Honda CRX Si - IASCA Stock Hatchback/Wagon 2
2000 Ford Expedition - IASCA Adv3/Heavyweight 160dB+ -SOLD-
Reply With Quote
  #2407  
Old 10-15-2013, 05:08 PM
tomdmcpwn tomdmcpwn is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,631
Default

Never got to experience a system like that before. Everyone I know is too broke haha.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT | 3.0L | 2WD | Thrush Welded Muffler | Alpine Sub | HIDs
Reply With Quote
  #2408  
Old 10-15-2013, 05:24 PM
727Designs 727Designs is offline
Car Audio N00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 469
Default Re: Show Your System

At this point it's a giant rolling money pit. So much weight it's hard to drive and gets terrible mileage, the bass is breaking EVERYTHING half the interior is gorilla taped in, Something in the A/C switch panel was shaken to death so no A/C, heat, etc. It's alot of fun though. Demo'ing it for customers, taking it shows and stuff, etc make it all worth it.
__________________
-Zach/727Designs-
2012 USACi SPL Mod 0-1000 GA State Record Holder
1988 Honda CRX Si - IASCA Stock Hatchback/Wagon 2
2000 Ford Expedition - IASCA Adv3/Heavyweight 160dB+ -SOLD-
Reply With Quote
  #2409  
Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 PM
tomdmcpwn tomdmcpwn is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727Designs View Post
At this point it's a giant rolling money pit. So much weight it's hard to drive and gets terrible mileage, the bass is breaking EVERYTHING half the interior is gorilla taped in, Something in the A/C switch panel was shaken to death so no A/C, heat, etc. It's alot of fun though. Demo'ing it for customers, taking it shows and stuff, etc make it all worth it.
The hardest hitting system I've listened to in person is a buddy's old suburban and that was before I knew anything about audio equipment, I have no idea what it had but it sure was fun to cruise around town in at night lol.

There's an audio shop in my town that worked on my brother's Subaru that does competition cars. Apparently they won some national competition with a little honda they built up. I'll see if I can get a picture next time I drive by.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT | 3.0L | 2WD | Thrush Welded Muffler | Alpine Sub | HIDs
Reply With Quote
  #2410  
Old 10-15-2013, 07:13 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

I love Santa Rosa. Nice lil town.
Reply With Quote
  #2411  
Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 PM
GrizzlyBear505 GrizzlyBear505 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDM View Post
Anyone ever ordered speakers from sonicelectronix.com? Because I can get some Pioneer Premier 6x8s for $69.99 a set before shipping from there and $129.99 a set at a local shop. Is sonicelectronix reputable? ---------- And here's some roof flex. http://youtu.be/DwaUo_wETA4
I have done thousands of dollars worth of business with sonicelectronix and never had a problem. Super fast shipping, and a good return policy. Over all I would give them 9 out of 10.

----------

This is a poorly filmed vid of some bass jelly
http://youtu.be/2MGGsQ0u2Wo
Reply With Quote
  #2412  
Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 PM
tomdmcpwn tomdmcpwn is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I love Santa Rosa. Nice lil town.
Yeah it's pretty cool. It's beautiful everywhere around here. Hard to find an area you don't like. Lol
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT | 3.0L | 2WD | Thrush Welded Muffler | Alpine Sub | HIDs
Reply With Quote
  #2413  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdmcpwn View Post
Yeah it's pretty cool. It's beautiful everywhere around here. Hard to find an area you don't like. Lol
I would have liked it better had my sinuses not bled every day from the dry air. Dig the heck out of the Napa Valley wineries. Laid back easygoin state of mind.
Reply With Quote
  #2414  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:22 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I would have liked it better had my sinuses not bled every day from the dry air. Dig the heck out of the Napa Valley wineries. Laid back easygoin state of mind.
Too bad it's in the heart of Commiefornia though
Reply With Quote
  #2415  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

The whole dang nation is going socialist, sooo ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM