Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1561  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Stewart Stewart is offline
photog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,739
Default

Looks like a nice sound dude. I want an SA so bad but I ain't got space fo dat. I could probably fit it in between the seats but the cubes needed just wouldn't be there lol.

FRF for iOS
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4, 5 speed manual | Build
Flipped Shackles | Cat Delete | Polished Stock Exhaust | Throttle Cable Mod | LED conversions [cluster, HVAC, tag]
JVC KD-HDR60 | Polk Audio db6501 | Bazooka Bass Tube BT6024DVC | Hifonics ZRX1000.4 | PAC-LC1

RIP 10/8/15
Reply With Quote
  #1562  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

I might be upgrading it this fall to a Z v.4 10"

It looks nasty! (prototype pictured)



After my big 3 & alt. upgrade my truck has the power now to run an amp capable of pushing it properly (barely)
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #1563  
Old 06-04-2013, 01:32 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

The surround is so large, larger than the cone even, makes it look gimmicky.
Reply With Quote
  #1564  
Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Markous Markous is offline
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
The surround is so large, larger than the cone even, makes it look gimmicky.
Wouldn't be buying it for the looks
__________________
2007 Sport|DSG|3.0L|2WD|Black Billet|Anzo LED Tails & 3rd
iPhone 6+ Side Slider|iStreamer|AudioControl|Sundown Audio
Big3|Mechman|x2 G65 AGM|Sound dampening
Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #1565  
Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default Re: Show Your System

I know silly, but it looks flea-market-gimmicky, to me. Not hating !
Reply With Quote
  #1566  
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 AM
GeorgiaRanger GeorgiaRanger is offline
Bronco!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
My new Alpine HU, mounted the handsfree mic in the pocket of the mounting adapter.

The old version of the Alpine KTP-445 mini amp stowed in the glove box, takes the 18wx4 rms from the headunit and bumps it up to 45wx4 rms plug and play!

The good stuff here, still got some cleaning up and proper mounting to do and i want to wire the cap back into the system (mostly for the voltage metre)

Thats a Sundown SA-8 V2 sub connected to a Alpine MRX-M55 and a XS Power XP750 secondary battery.

Beefy little monster that SA-8 V2!

Rated for 500w rms they have been SPL burped with 3Kw and broken with 5Kw! (NOT BY ME)

Only thing not pictured are my 6x8's this is what they look like.
I love Sundown they make some really nice subs!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using FRF App
__________________
Bronco in the near future!

2002 Gold Ranger (46k miles) : Totaled May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddwalters View Post
Lmao like a good neighbor, FRF is there!
Reply With Quote
  #1567  
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 AM
GeorgiaRanger GeorgiaRanger is offline
Bronco!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markous View Post
My new Alpine HU, mounted the handsfree mic in the pocket of the mounting adapter.

The old version of the Alpine KTP-445 mini amp stowed in the glove box, takes the 18wx4 rms from the headunit and bumps it up to 45wx4 rms plug and play!

The good stuff here, still got some cleaning up and proper mounting to do and i want to wire the cap back into the system (mostly for the voltage metre)

Thats a Sundown SA-8 V2 sub connected to a Alpine MRX-M55 and a XS Power XP750 secondary battery.

Beefy little monster that SA-8 V2!

Rated for 500w rms they have been SPL burped with 3Kw and broken with 5Kw! (NOT BY ME)

Only thing not pictured are my 6x8's this is what they look like.
I love Sundown they make some really nice subs!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using FRF App
__________________
Bronco in the near future!

2002 Gold Ranger (46k miles) : Totaled May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddwalters View Post
Lmao like a good neighbor, FRF is there!
Reply With Quote
  #1568  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 AM
superliftedxlt superliftedxlt is offline
Buy a Ford
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

Clean up that wiring man...I just threw up in my mouth a little
How do I clean it up lol I don't know what to do with it there's like 6 ft of extra cord?
__________________
2007 XLT Ext. Cab 4x4 4.0l V6 Auto
Mods:
Superlift 4" Suspension Lift|33"x12.50" BFGoodrich Mud Terrains|Eagle Alloy 8"x15" Polished Aluminum Rims|Black Billet Grille|Silverstar Ultra's|Tinted Windows|Diamond Plate Black Toolbox|Halogen Fogs|Spyder Tailgate Light Bar
Reply With Quote
  #1569  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM
GeorgiaRanger GeorgiaRanger is offline
Bronco!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superliftedxlt View Post

How do I clean it up lol I don't know what to do with it there's like 6 ft of extra cord?
Cut the excess wiring then put the rest behind the trim

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using FRF App
__________________
Bronco in the near future!

2002 Gold Ranger (46k miles) : Totaled May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddwalters View Post
Lmao like a good neighbor, FRF is there!
Reply With Quote
  #1570  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 AM
ranger024x4 ranger024x4 is offline
dumpster fire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,306
Default Re: Show Your System



my new driver... American bass VFL8. I am curious to see how it does. Worst case I can always swap it out with an sa-8
__________________

2012 Buick Regal GS- 6mt
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo- the wifes daily
1989 300zx twin turbo- has a few things done
1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer.. 351 4x4.. project
Reply With Quote
  #1571  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:09 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRanger View Post
Cut the excess wiring then put the rest behind the trim

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using FRF App
Exactly. Trim the speaker/power leads and tuck the RCA's behind the panel.

Don't you know a clean install almost doubles your SPL?
Reply With Quote
  #1572  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:30 PM
superliftedxlt superliftedxlt is offline
Buy a Ford
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

Exactly. Trim the speaker/power leads and tuck the RCA's behind the panel.

Don't you know a clean install almost doubles your SPL?
The amp itself is mounted in a cubby where the jump seats are in the back so they are not visible but yeah it would still be a good idea to tuck em in a bit
__________________
2007 XLT Ext. Cab 4x4 4.0l V6 Auto
Mods:
Superlift 4" Suspension Lift|33"x12.50" BFGoodrich Mud Terrains|Eagle Alloy 8"x15" Polished Aluminum Rims|Black Billet Grille|Silverstar Ultra's|Tinted Windows|Diamond Plate Black Toolbox|Halogen Fogs|Spyder Tailgate Light Bar
Reply With Quote
  #1573  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
CIB96 CIB96 is offline
Buy a Ford
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 186
Default

Heres my story bought 2 "new" pioneer 10" boxed subs on bay for 50$ each! I good deal eh ?? Came super fast and was all taped up with pioneer tape , opened them and they looked great , however both would just rattle not even produce some bass. Found out the were blown so my friend gave me his little 5" sub i think lol (pictured ) with a 200w amp for the meantime , today I bought my friends sub and amp for $150 basically new ( amp used to be mine)


Old Setup : Piece of junk lol






Comparison with Old To New :




New Subs : 2 12" MTX Audio Boxed Subwoofer





Quick question!! Should i face my subs to my seats or to the backwall will it make a difference


THANKS GUYS!!!
__________________
2003 FORD RANGER EDGE
2WD. EXT CAB. V6 3.0L
Reply With Quote
  #1574  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 PM
63merc 63merc is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIB96 View Post
Heres my story bought 2 "new" pioneer 10" boxed subs on bay for 50$ each! I good deal eh ?? Came super fast and was all taped up with pioneer tape , opened them and they looked great , however both would just rattle not even produce some bass. Found out the were blown so my friend gave me his little 5" sub i think lol (pictured ) with a 200w amp for the meantime , today I bought my friends sub and amp for $150 basically new ( amp used to be mine)

Old Setup : Piece of junk lol

Comparison with Old To New :

New Subs : 2 12" MTX Audio Boxed Subwoofer

Quick question!! Should i face my subs to my seats or to the backwall will it make a difference

THANKS GUYS!!!
It varies by vehicle and preference try both see what you like more
Reply With Quote
  #1575  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Whiston Whiston is offline
4 litre dirt bike hauler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 257
Default Re: Show Your System

Awesome bass series Alpine!
That sub will be nearly twenty years old now.
__________________
2006 Sport 4.0 4x4

Bernese Mountain Chauffeur
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show off that INK!!! FX4 Off Topic 790 11-26-2014 07:38 AM
The show pics mikesturbo94 Vehicle Snapshots 9 07-17-2010 11:49 AM
Car Show - 05/01/10 DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 8 05-04-2010 07:33 PM
tonneau who has them and show them off blueovelboy Exterior Tech 20 03-12-2010 01:34 PM
Show My Posts GaryCN Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 10-21-2009 06:23 AM