PDA

View Full Version : 64 inch leafs axle not centered

mbxmitch
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
So I didn't notice this until today , it seems my rear sits to far to the rear of the truck rather then being centered in the wheel well. Could this be caused because I put the leafs in backwards ? That's the only thing I can think of

cvar
06-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Did you move the front hanger forward? The stock Ranger springs measure 25 5/8" short-end (front), and 31" long-end (back). How does that jibe with lengths of your new 64" leafs?

mbxmitch
06-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Did you move the front hanger forward? The stock Ranger springs measure 25 5/8" short-end (front), and 31" long-end (back). How does that jibe with lengths of your new 64" leafs?

Yes I moved hangers they are exactly where they need to be

simpleman01
06-07-2013, 06:51 PM
If your leaf springs are oriented the right way, the hanger is in the right spot, and the shackle angle is correct, the only thing I can suggest is redrill the center pins on the springs. You can measure, drill, and move the axle forward to center exactly in wheelwells.

mbxmitch
06-07-2013, 06:55 PM
If your leaf springs are oriented the right way, the hanger is in the right spot, and the shackle angle is correct, the only thing I can suggest is redrill the center pins on the springs. You can measure, drill, and move the axle forward to center exactly in wheelwells.

I guess that's what I'll do.I still need to get the springs rebuilt after the extra five inches I might get away with where it's at