PDA

View Full Version : cd 6 issue

ThatUPSGuy
11-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Won't load or eject discs. Says slots are full when they aren't. Any reason for this? Radio works great, CD part doesn't.

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G LTE using FRF App

GLH
11-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and throw it away and replace with a quality aftermarket headunit. iPod/iPhone/Android/memory stick, etc. will hold thousands of songs and alot less trouble than the CD's.

ThatUPSGuy
11-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Dont have the skill to wire it myself. Plus I love the RDS info from the stations

Jonesboy93
11-27-2012, 08:17 AM
You could try to put a cd cleaner disc in each slot. You can buy it at walmart i think. Its a cd with brushes on it and it gets dust out of the reader. that's why it might be thinking a cd is in there.

hergy916
11-27-2012, 08:42 AM
What happens when you press the eject button? You could try doing a hard reset of the radio. To do this, you would need to remove the radio and disconnect it from the truck for a while. Should only take 5-10 minutes. Then plug it back in. Sometimes this will cause the unit to cycle the cd mechanism and bring it back to life. Done it many times with many different factory radios with about a 50% success rate. I completely agree with changing the factory radio out for a new aftermarket as there are many benefits in doing this, but I know there are a lot of people out there that like to maintain the factory appearance and functionality. If the reset doesn't work, there is a company that sells refurbished factory radios with a warranty. They even sometimes have some new ones. If the reset doesn't work, let me know and I'll get you the link to them.

ThatUPSGuy
11-27-2012, 10:00 AM
What happens when you press the eject button? You could try doing a hard reset of the radio. To do this, you would need to remove the radio and disconnect it from the truck for a while. Should only take 5-10 minutes. Then plug it back in. Sometimes this will cause the unit to cycle the cd mechanism and bring it back to life. Done it many times with many different factory radios with about a 50% success rate. I completely agree with changing the factory radio out for a new aftermarket as there are many benefits in doing this, but I know there are a lot of people out there that like to maintain the factory appearance and functionality. If the reset doesn't work, there is a company that sells refurbished factory radios with a warranty. They even sometimes have some new ones. If the reset doesn't work, let me know and I'll get you the link to them.

It makes some noise like it wants to move, but it shows CD error. When I press load it says slots full.

cvar
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Try removing your cd6 changer, clean/lube the trays and the interior grabbing mechanism. That fixed mine for a while. A year or so later, the whole POS just said all trays are empty (um, wrong!) but further cleaning didn't help. I gave up then. My cd6 = trash. Instead, I bought a used radio online ($40), which accepts a single CD/MP3 disk. Nowadays, I wish it had an AUX/ipod input instead of CD.

ThatUPSGuy
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Try removing your cd6 changer, clean/lube the trays and the interior grabbing mechanism. That fixed mine for a while. A year or so later, the whole POS just said all trays are empty (um, wrong!) but further cleaning didn't help. I gave up then. My cd6 = trash. Instead, I bought a used radio online ($40), which accepts a single CD/MP3 disk. Nowadays, I wish it had an AUX/ipod input instead of CD.

Thank you ill try that