PDA

View Full Version : Deepest muffler for a 2.5L?

Mike
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Im all about the deepest, most intimidating sounds. I'm looking for a muffler to do this, but I've also heard that on a 2.5L, keeping some back pressure is good. Any ideas on what mufflers I should be looking at?

And I know, an intimidating 2.5L is funny as shit.

jfive
02-04-2010, 02:22 AM
One chamber flowmaster, or a two chamber. I would also look at an import muffler, like the ones on neons and hondas. They can sound good on our four cylinders too. Stay away from cheap ebay ones, even though they look good and will sound good, the welds will not hold as long as a name brand muffler will.

Fx4wannabe01
02-04-2010, 02:48 AM
^^^He's looking for deep, not raspy. Somewhat of a hard task to accomplish on a 4 banger.

And I know, an intimidating 2.5L is funny as shit.

^^LOOOOVE that quote!! LOL!!

Sad thing is....it's a 4 banger. And we all know what exhaust normally sounds like on a 4 banger: rice. lol. I kinda would love to own a 2.5 with a mild exhaust...like a 50 series or a borla. I absolutely LOVE the growl those Lima engines have. I can tell what 4banger a ranger has by it's growl. Love that 2.5 growl. lol. Hard to explain what it sounds like, but owners of them like yourself probably know what I'm talking about.

From my experience at least on the V6's, the Flowmaster Super 44 is the deepest tone.

jfive
02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
thats why I mentioned the import mufflers. I have heard some pretty deep toned import mufflers. I would go on youtube and just listen to vehicles like hondas and such and see if you hear one that sounds right and ask them what it is. Most 4cyl have the same firing order, and will sound very similar on our 4cyl.

Mike
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I saw a vid on youtube. Guy had a 4 cyl with a flowmaster super 44 and that sounded bad ass. Im pretty sure im going to be trying that out

FX4
02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
The best 4 cylinder engine exhaust sound is on a subaru..... sounds meaner then a V8 sometimes, but I would give that super 44 a shot or look into a borla muffler.

SalRanger2
03-31-2011, 07:02 PM
decided to revive this thread instead of starting one... thinking of doing exhaust eventually, thinking a flowmaster 50 series... i dont want something too loud like a 40 series but want a nice tone and somewhat louder than stock.

yea my exhaust on my 2.5 is stock and its somewhat loud so maybe itl take a dump so i can replace it lol or maybe thats how it is.

any other brands that would be like a 50 series? borla would be a nice option too, dont know alot about them tho

spoons896
03-31-2011, 07:19 PM
I have a thrush turbo and i think it sound pretty good and deep for being a 30 dollar muffler and its not overpowering loud at high RPMs, and at idle it is nice and deep.

TexasWelder
05-10-2012, 06:09 PM
ive had a raptor muffler on my 2.5 once before and i think it sound nice if you dont floor it. it is smilier to trush turbo muffler is what ive been told by most muffler shop. you can get walker turbo, trush turbo, or dynomax turbo. all those are cheap price and have the muffler shop to do it for about 20-60 bucks.

i now own the 2010 2.3l... afraid to swamp the muffler due to ppl saying that any mufflers will make it raspy.

FFparker
05-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm to scared to put exhaust on my 2.5L..Really All I would want is very little sound and nice tip.

SalRanger2
05-10-2012, 08:39 PM
if i would in the future id do the dynomax super turbo. nut much over stock but a nice tone. had one my old '91 3.0

Xavi
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
^^^He's looking for deep, not raspy. Somewhat of a hard task to accomplish on a 4 banger.

^^LOOOOVE that quote!! LOL!!

Sad thing is....it's a 4 banger. And we all know what exhaust normally sounds like on a 4 banger: rice. lol. I kinda would love to own a 2.5 with a mild exhaust...like a 50 series or a borla. I absolutely LOVE the growl those Lima engines have. I can tell what 4banger a ranger has by it's growl. Love that 2.5 growl. lol. Hard to explain what it sounds like, but owners of them like yourself probably know what I'm talking about.

From my experience at least on the V6's, the Flowmaster Super 44 is the deepest tone.

so to start off this is my first post so try not to sone me with words straight out of the gate. i've had some experience working with those smaller high output engines those exhaust systems are designed for flow rates and packpressure characteristics that come with higher and quicker revving angines. the backpressure and flowrate requirements for smooth idle and powercurve. i'd do some reasearch to see what exhaust combination would produce a slight increase of torque near the bottom of your power band. again im new to the forum and to ford i dont know much about these angines yet.