PDA

View Full Version : Make the stock radio always show the time???

randyh452000
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I have a 2005 Ranger which I love! My only problem-I can't keep the time showing constantly on my radio dial (std am-fm with clock-plain jane audio system). How do you toggle the switch to show time always and just frequency when u change the radio station?

Tom
01-08-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm curious about this too.

turbo
01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
On the radio in my truck (the stock AM/FM/CD/Cassette radio), I just press the "clock" button once while the radio is playing, and that puts it into the mode you describe -- time shows all the time, except for a few seconds when you turn the unit on, change the station, or adjust volume, etc... I only have to press the "clock" button again if I've disconnected the radio or battery, otherwise it stays in that mode.

Tom
01-08-2010, 10:17 AM
On the radio in my truck (the stock AM/FM/CD/Cassette radio), I just press the "clock" button once while the radio is playing, and that puts it into the mode you describe -- time shows all the time, except for a few seconds when you turn the unit on, change the station, or adjust volume, etc... I only have to press the "clock" button again if I've disconnected the radio or battery, otherwise it stays in that mode.

I've seen what the OP is describing in other Rangers, and when you press the clock button while the radio is playing it would flash the time for a few seconds then revert back to showing you the radio frequency. Also If I remember correctly, if you don't have the radio on the display is simply blank until you press "clock" where once again the time flashes on the display for a few seconds.

turbo
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
:shrug: maybe the 2005+ radios don't do it the same way...

dixie_boysles
01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
my 06 always shows the time

Tom
01-09-2010, 02:12 AM
my 06 always shows the time

Mine does too. Next time I'm in one of the Rangers that shows the radio info instead of the time I'll look through the manual (assuming it's in the truck) and see if there's any info in it.

randyh452000
01-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys for trying to help, but it doesn't work; maybe mine is just defective-even Ford can't tell me how to fix it-manual only shows how to set the time.

Also, why didn't Ford (the Bright Idea People) make the 2005 center armrest into a storage compartment like the newer models are made?

STL
01-09-2010, 02:06 PM
It has been so long since I had the factory radio I believe you just press the CLK button to display the time or radio station

http://i49.tinypic.com/2v0esrt.jpg

rhalllhall
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Has anyone ever figured out how to make the clock stay on? I have the same problem with my am/fm ranger radio.

randyh452000
07-26-2010, 08:39 AM
no not yet-I just bought a stick on ditigal clock but it has no light for night time viewing!