PDA

View Full Version : ordering baffles for speakers

GrafixGuy
12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Sup, I'm ordering some speaker baffles for my stock 6x8 speakers.

I'm just curious to the size I need they have a "Slim Line" thats 3.5" deep and the regular thats 4.5" anyone know how deep the stockers are?

thanks!

Jay FX4
12-29-2009, 11:48 AM
I know some people have problems with the deeper baffles hitting the windows in some cars....not sure if that's the case for the Ranger. I actually installed them for a minute in my Ranger, but I didn't even bother checking whether they interfered with the window or not, since I didn't like the way the speakers sounded with them in. The slim one will work, though.

Either one works fine for the rear.

GrafixGuy
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
yeah thats that I was thinking Slim line it is. I just want these to keep water out and away from my speakers. Suppose to be upgrading to Pioneer direct fits and I don't want them wet.

Fx4wannabe01
12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
What are "speaker baffles"?? And what do they do?

RangerNDog
12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
What are "speaker baffles"?? And what do they do?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yElefXI1jXY/g_762/Foam-Speaker-Baffles.html

Fx4wannabe01
12-29-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yElefXI1jXY/g_762/Foam-Speaker-Baffles.html

ohhhh....those! lol.

Jay FX4
12-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Everyone has their own opinion on whether they're worth it or not. I have tried them, in 2 different vehicles, and I don't care for them. IMO it may provide a little bit tighter bass response, but overall the it seems to deaden the sound a bit, as if there's no "reverb" to the music. To me, the sound is more "live" without them.

But that's just a personal preference, and some won't install speakers without them. I'm sure an amp would help, too.

Tom
12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Everyone has their own opinion on whether they're worth it or not. I have tried them, in 2 different vehicles, and I don't care for them. IMO it may provide a little bit tighter bass response, but overall the it seems to deaden the sound a bit, as if there's no "reverb" to the music. To me, the sound is more "live" without them.

But that's just a personal preference, and some won't install speakers without them. I'm sure an amp would help, too.

Yeah when I was looking to replace my stocker speakers I came across speaker baffles but I found quite a few people posting basically the same thing you just said so I opted against them. I found plenty of positive reviews, but the number of negative reviews was too much for me.

STL
12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
So with these the bass will sound more like your head is in a box listening to music? I guess that makes sense

GrafixGuy
12-29-2009, 10:07 PM
it keeps them dry. thats was my main reason to buy them.

Jay FX4
12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
it keeps them dry. thats was my main reason to buy them.

To keep them dry, they must first get wet. They do not.