PDA

View Full Version : New BFGs Friday!

dixie_boysles
12-16-2009, 09:56 AM
After a lot of research and debating and calling, I finally ordered tires. Hate all you want, but I went with the 31X10.50R15 BFG A/T KO. They fit, look awesome, and I don't have to do anything that will effect my ride quality. Not that I don't like the look of 32s and cranked T-bars, just don't want to crank mine. I got them for $143 plus tax mounted. Pretty good price! I will have pics Saturday..

I can't wait to get those old crappy BFGs off of my truck and replaced with new rubber. I'm going to run the numbers on my old tires to see how old they are.

I looked at the Duratracs, and made a few phone calls, most wanted $172 installed. My tire shop wanted 164, which isn't bad, but If I can get a true and tested tire for $143, I will. Those Duratracs are awesome looking too, maybe next time.

RangerNDog
12-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Good choice. I would have went with AT2's and saved a few dollars. Are you getting them white wall in or out?

dixie_boysles
12-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Good choice. I would have went with AT2's and saved a few dollars. Are you getting them white wall in or out?

I only run white letters out. i think they make a truck look better. Whitewall in is for cars...just my opinion.

i just didnt like the outer edge of the AT2s. I like the crisp lines and ruggedness of the BFGs

STL
12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
31" is a good size tire.

What size do you have now

West
12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
I just bought the Duratracs, but that seems like an outrageous price for them. I got them for $132 a tire plus tax. But I also installed and balanced them myself at school. Now that I think of it, a Bell-Tire by me wanted $700 something for them installed out the door price.

mcpink
12-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Nice. Can't wait to see pics of them on the truck!

dixie_boysles
12-16-2009, 08:20 PM
31" is a good size tire.

What size do you have now

I have 31x10.50 BFGs now as well; they're just crap, came on the Alcoas when I traded. 2 are wore on inside real bad, one had like three staples in it and the last one is ok. So I wanted new tires, especially since I'm getting tint in two weeks. I hat riding on awful tires too, just makes the truck look bad. Also, the old wheel weights are leaking crap all over wheel and staing them gray