PDA

View Full Version : wiring harness

Bowz
01-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Ok so as most people know, i did the v8 swap and used everything out of a 97 mountaineer. my CEL still is on though and it's rather annoying. When i check the code it says that the computer couldn't finish it's checks.. i'm taking a wild guess because it's not in the mountaineer and half the harness is still in the back of the cab and not plugged into like a rear windshield defroster and wiper. I went to school for this kind of stuff but this is still stumping me. Anyone know a way to finish these out? granted my ABS light is still on and so is my Airbag light and i know those are probably big ticket items. :flute: other then that i'm really curious if anyone knows of a way to fix my temp gauge. I feel it starts off really far down and the needle raises to the middle of the gauge but i get out and still smell a sweet antifreeze smell like it's leaking or something. i still get heat pouring out. curious if i almost need to upgrade to a bigger electric fan or maybe even put another one in there.

rangerwheelinmike
01-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Ok so as most people know, i did the v8 swap and used everything out of a 97 mountaineer. my CEL still is on though and it's rather annoying. When i check the code it says that the computer couldn't finish it's checks.. i'm taking a wild guess because it's not in the mountaineer and half the harness is still in the back of the cab and not plugged into like a rear windshield defroster and wiper. I went to school for this kind of stuff but this is still stumping me. Anyone know a way to finish these out? granted my ABS light is still on and so is my Airbag light and i know those are probably big ticket items. :flute: other then that i'm really curious if anyone knows of a way to fix my temp gauge. I feel it starts off really far down and the needle raises to the middle of the gauge but i get out and still smell a sweet antifreeze smell like it's leaking or something. i still get heat pouring out. curious if i almost need to upgrade to a bigger electric fan or maybe even put another one in there.i dont think your problem is the ranger harness mine is on but the olny codes are for the rear o2 sensors becouse i dont have cats. my abs and air bag lights not on as far as temp i used my stock 3.0 radator and stock explorer fan and i never had a problem so maybe you have a leak??