PDA

View Full Version : need wireing help

smsranger
10-31-2009, 08:23 PM
ok i have almost everything i need ecept the dash kit and the antnna...does anyone no anything bout my kinda truck? were all it has it the wireing behind the radio deleate pannal...idn if there is any speaker wires or anythging else..can someone help?

greyghost
10-31-2009, 08:32 PM
above your heater control panel you'll find 2 screws take them out and the whole radio surround will just pull off then you should find a factory wire harness if it's there..

smsranger
10-31-2009, 08:48 PM
yea i got that....but i need speaker wiring and antena..idn if its all in that harness or wat. and if it is then were does it go to? so i can finish wireing it. i have no antenna. there is no wireing to my doors...

greyghost
10-31-2009, 08:49 PM
hopefully someone else will chime in but i'm thinking the wires should be in the doors 2?

smsranger
10-31-2009, 08:58 PM
yea me to..but no. there is nothing. i take classses for michanics and my teacher worked at ford. and said there is a speaker wireing harnes behind the kickpannel. but i have loooked and didnt see anything. unless im looking at the rong things...

smsranger
11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
anyone?

West
11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
You may end up having to run all new speaker wire. In my old truck, it had no radio or speakers from the factory. I found the wiring connector in the dash behind the radio bezel, but could not find the wires that went to the doors or the rear speakers. I ended up just running my own wire.

smsranger
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
yea i think thats wat i have to do..were did u start your wires and were did u ring them...could u help me out? kinda give me some step by step help? thanks man

TwistedDreams
11-01-2009, 10:21 PM
There should still be the little rubber tubes going to the doors I'd imagine? You should be able to pull right through there. Then use a combonation of zip-ties and electrical tape to run it through. should be pretty simple, at this level of sound you don't need to worry about distortion/noise creation be attatching it to panels.
-TD

smsranger
11-01-2009, 11:38 PM
no nothing to the doors. the only thing is the plug in the cab and in the doors for were the wiring is supposed to go...other then that nothing. and what do u mean?

West
11-02-2009, 10:19 AM
I pretty much took off every easy to remove dash piece and ran the wires through the dash to the doors, and put the wires through the little rubber thing between the door and cab to protect the wires. That was the biggest pain of the whole project. For the rear speakers, I just got a piece of mechanics wire/ coat hanger and fed that under the carpet and then taped the speaker wire to it to bring it back through underneath the carpet. I went from the center of the dash down to the carpet and then under the seat.

I would tell you exactly how I did it and what panels I took off, but my old truck was a 96 with the newer interior and yours is the older style interior that I have never had apart.

smsranger
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
well evin still u have kinda helped...how did u wire them for the doors...like so wen u open them it doesnt streach but wen u close it it doesnt pinch.

West
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't know if your truck has them, but mine had a big rubber hose thing right where the door swivels that runs from the cab to the door that would normally have the power windows, locks, mirrors, etc. I really don't know how to explain it well.

smsranger
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
thats ok i no wat u mean..i have to go to the junk yard and get one..no i dont have any..do u have speakers behind the seats? and is ur cab a regular cab? i dont remember

West
11-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeh, I had two speakers in the corners behind the cab. This truck was my first ranger and it was a regular cab. It is not the one that is currently my avatar. But I ran the wire for the rear speakers under the carpet/ rubber floor right down the middle on the center hump and then took it to both sides. I did this by feeding a piece of metal wire under the floor from behind the seat alway the way up to the front below the ashtray and up to the radio.

smsranger
11-02-2009, 10:49 PM
o ok..why up the middle? and were there like anything on the frame? or just bare mettal..casue thats wat i have. here is no spots or anything for speakers behind the seats...

West
11-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I ran it up the middle just because it would use the least amount of wire and seemed to be the easiest to do in my opinion. It was just bare metal under the carpet; I don't know if that would effect anything or not. I ran mine like that for 2 years before I sold the truck and it is still probably the same way right now.

My old truck also had spots for the rear speakers in the corners of the cab. There plastic trim pieces that held them in place with a plastic cover that went over the speakers with horizontal slots in them. Mine was a regular cab, don't if yours is or not. I bet you could find those interior pieces to hold the speakers at a junkyard if you don't have them.

smsranger
11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
yea i got regur cab..and was ur an automatic? casue i have a stick. and i dont have any of that so i have to get it

smsranger
11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
how did u keeep from people walking on the wires?

West
11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I didn't realize you had a stick shift and mine was an auto. Should've read your sig a little better. The wires were underneath the carpet/ rubber floor which had some insulation under it for heat/ noise. The flooring and insulation had enough cushion on it so that it wouldn't get damaged if someone stepped directly on it. And also it was on the center hump, so rarely did anyone ever sit in the middle and put any significant weight on them.

As for having a manual and not running the wires down the middle, I would say just get creative and find another place to run them.

Buddythetruck
11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
In a stock setup, the wires are run down the sides and can be easily view if you take off the kick plates.

smsranger
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM
yea under the kick pannals is were i figures i would do it...and lol its cool iv dont it to...yea i have a manual.and i ant evin got carpet..its some kinda matt like stuff