PDA

View Full Version : Listen to this beast....

knightmare1015
05-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Here's the final choice of my upcoming project "operation frankenstein". This is the pro-stock version, mine wii be just as bad only on the streets with an exhaust cut out system. So enjoy this sexy and evil beast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_wwe6Fs97o

No mufflers just open headers only. It's extremely loud.

GGlighting
05-30-2011, 12:25 AM
kinda sounds like my ranger :)

knightmare1015
05-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Here's another one I found that has alot better camshaft and valvetrain components. This one doesn't run on pump gas at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmP6s5WabE

STL
05-30-2011, 02:34 AM
I would prefer the 1st one over the 2nd one

knightmare1015
05-30-2011, 08:08 AM
I would prefer the 1st one over the 2nd one

yeah after thinking about I would too. The first one is pretty close to what I'd want only with side pipes.

mickblock
05-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Now I understand how you came up with the name of the project.

2nd video: four blocks away, people out walking their dog are holding their palms out and looking for rain drops.

knightmare1015
05-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Now I understand how you came up with the name of the project.

2nd video: four blocks away, people out walking their dog are holding their palms out and looking for rain drops.

Yeah, I've always wanted an old school vehicle with a big block engine. And since I love the ranger in so many different ways I thought this would be a great idea. I've already encountered problems before anything has even been done yet. I chose the 572 with a 700R4 trans for many different reasons. I've already had to alter my plans to mainly due to the engine's actual size and my physical limitations that I have to deal with on a daily basis now. It will be blacked out completely with a flat black paint paint job with clear coat over something like LineX covering the entire truck. Along with a custom hood, tail and head lights and a side pipe exhaust system. The interior is really where I want to focus on mainly because it needs it so badly. That's where I think Ford could revamp the ranger. Keep everything the same except for the interior, and add a V8 option. There wouldn't be any tooling change needed and it would breathe new life into the ranger platform. Some changes are good in alot of respects, which Ford seems to ignore in their infinite wisdom/arrogance. That's one of many reasons why I chose that name for this upcoming project. I posted an old photo of what I found in a junk yard over in the project logs and it's still there to this day. I went and looked at it this past saturday after the carshow.