PDA

View Full Version : Stereo

pmac
10-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I bought my truck used and when i went to play a cd it just read bad disc. I have tried burned cds and regular ones too. Does anyone know how to fix this or if i should i just replace it.

olfordtruck
10-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Do you have the 6 cd changer?

pmac
10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
ya i have the 6 cd changer

olfordtruck
10-16-2009, 09:11 AM
it sucks! Mine did the same thing for a while. It would work some days and others it wouldnt. I got tired of it and put in a normal stereo for the moment until i get enough money for a double din touch screen.

I had to take the stupid thing apart to get my cds out a one point because it wouldnt even eject them.

greyghost
10-16-2009, 09:45 AM
i've gotten 3 factory cd players from u-pull it yards now and have had similar results.
what really sucks is 2 of them have been the mach3 radios

Jay FX4
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
My changer worked flawlessly for the year I had it. Maybe part of the reason it worked fine for me is that the previous owner was an old guy, and probably never used the thing. But there's definitely a lot of people who have had problems with it. I'd just get a good aftermarket head unit. You'll lose your changer, but you can more than make up for that with auxiliary and USB inputs, as well as much better sound quality even if you keep the same speakers.