PDA

View Full Version : 351W swap help?

PlanBmarine
04-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi, I've currently have a 1988 2.9l V6 Ranger, and I've been looking at getting an 84 full sized Bronco with a 351 Windsor in it. I was wondering what kind of work would have to be done to swap that Windsor into my Ranger. Could I also swap the transmission from the Bronco into my Ranger? What kind of diff. work? I'm just looking for basic information. By the way, the Bronco is 4x4, and my Ranger is 2wd. Would that mess anything up? Thanks.

knightmare1015
04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi, I've currently have a 1988 2.9l V6 Ranger, and I've been looking at getting an 84 full sized Bronco with a 351 Windsor in it. I was wondering what kind of work would have to be done to swap that Windsor into my Ranger. Could I also swap the transmission from the Bronco into my Ranger? What kind of diff. work? I'm just looking for basic information. By the way, the Bronco is 4x4, and my Ranger is 2wd. Would that mess anything up? Thanks.

go to this website: www.rangerstation.com . They have alot of info concerning V8 swaps and what components are best to use. It shouldn't be too bad considering you're using an older model ranger/bronco but I am not sure on this. The reason is because I've done S10 V8 swaps but never a Ranger.

pooleo
04-23-2011, 11:24 PM
I think the biggest problem with the windsor is the clearance on the steering shaft. The blocks are a little wider and taller than a 302 and that makes it really tight on it.

DEBO
05-10-2011, 05:50 PM
my only big problem was makeing the valvecover clear the heater box an makeing the radd. clear the pullys

knightmare1015
05-10-2011, 09:04 PM
That's about the only thing that the S10 and Ranger have in common concerning V8 swaps in general from what I can see. Heater box/ Valve cover clearance issues and steering shaft issues.