09-06-2009, 05:51 AM
31" will be good

32" you may start to rub while turning

Jay FX4
09-06-2009, 06:51 AM
What are good size tires for a ranger?
Right now i have 30.5 on 15'' wheels.
people tell me 31's but i don't really know

Do you have stock or aftermarket 15's? I'm assuming that if you had a lift you would have mentioned it. As STL said, you'll be safe with 31's, 32's would depend on the wheels.

John
09-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Well i think it has been lifted but i bought it this way i'll have to look up the stock size of the tires for that year

blueovelboy
09-06-2009, 08:32 AM
should have it on sticker in the door jam and if you go bigger and your geared up for the size you have now even one size will kill mileage and the moter after a wile and the best way to tell what the gears are is jack it up the rear end put it in neutral mark the drive line at center of pumpkin and the tire at the top then spin right side tire and count how many turns it takes to get back to center on the drive shaft and on the last turn when you hit center at drive shaft where ever the mark on the tire is is about the fraction that gives you your gears like 3 and 3/4 turns would be about 3:71 or 3:73 to four turns and a hear past the top with the tire would give you 4:10 gears and once you see what your gearing is you can make the decision do i go bigger or stay the same!

blueovelboy
09-06-2009, 08:33 AM
PS. oops tire size and stock gearing on the sticker

Jay FX4
09-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Actually the best way to tell what gears you have is to either take 2 seconds to look at the diff tag, or take 2 seconds to look at the axle code on the door sticker and tell us.
Going with tires an inch or two larger in diameter is not necessarily going to kill your gas mileage. There are quite a few factors involved.

John
09-06-2009, 01:37 PM
All right well when it stops pouring down rain here i'll get the code off the axle. I get about 20 miles to the gallon with these 30.5 so i dont think it would kill my gas milage that bad

blueovelboy
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
jay fx4 thats true but it dose not help if your tag on the diff is not there or last owner changed them out and then what could you do? OK i just thought every one would have checked the tag and me i would have then checked it my way just to see if the tag was right but you go and trust someone else who sold that truck you never know oh buy the way need a bridge? i got one cheep lol