PDA

View Full Version : V8 swap

Chris993
11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm looking into swapping in a v8 into my 1992 ranger 3.0, but i live in California and i was wondering how this 5.0 will pass smog?

06ranger
11-22-2010, 10:00 PM
most laws concerning motor swaps state that the engine be the correct one for that model or an engine the same year range or newer before they will even test the car... so a 5.0 swap would not have too much trouble passing smog because it would be a newer motor and would have more emissions related items on it than what you are running right now... but before you just take my word for it, check with local laws online for vehicle modifications... good luck and happy modding

Clutch
11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
In CT the motor has to be the same or newer then your vehicle. But your in Commie-fornia. So all bets are off. They even let you under the hood of your trucks out there?

Ranger_EDGE
11-23-2010, 10:13 AM
In CT the motor has to be the same or newer then your vehicle. But your in Commie-fornia. So all bets are off. They even let you under the hood of your trucks out there?

no if they find out we open the hood we get a $1,000 fine. And if we check tire pressure and change it we get a slap on the wrist and a fix it ticket.

Airtruksrus
12-03-2010, 05:26 AM
no if they find out we open the hood we get a $1,000 fine. And if we check tire pressure and change it we get a slap on the wrist and a fix it ticket.

Thank god i moved out of there or the swap would have never happened. Wonder what would happen if i moved back.