PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions

Explorer
10-02-2010, 06:17 AM
In my first thread (First Post, First Question) explained what I picked up. Doing some rough figuring it will cost me another $2500+ to complete this project. Thats painted, tire's, exhaust, inspected and running down the road. I never count labor as I do it all myself. Is it going to bring the $3200+ I'll have in it? Right now it's worth a lot more in parts than I have in it. I really don't need the truck, the engine and tranny I could use in another project. Opinions please. I do this for a hobby and like to at least break even.

BADAZZ85
10-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Part it to me cheaply (:

Coleosis
10-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Well, if you do this for a hobby, then you know that $2500 if going to turn into $3500 pretty quickly...Other than that, Do it if you want...You're on a ranger site, so of course we are going to say pimp the ranger.

Clinton
10-05-2010, 03:25 AM
X2, If its a hobby for you then you should know whether or not you can flip it for a profit for another job or it comes out nice enough where the other project can be put on hold. Of course I say pimp it out

Explorer
10-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Still kicking it around. Took the engine to my builder to check and good thing I did. Engine was completly rebuilt about 10 years ago, but never even turned over. Good thing! Half the pistons were in wrong, cam bearing not seated right, rod bearings too tight, small crack in block, but not thru to water jacket(repairable). Hope the tranny shop did a better job than the engine builder.